Decrease in Sales

Fairway

So, I've been in the vending business for about 2 years now. In the last few months I have seen a decrease in sales in a few of my machines. One in particular is at a Hertz Auto Sales. Obviously the auto industry isn't doing its best right now. I assume the salesmen and other employees have cut back and tightened their own wallets.

Have any of you guys experienced recent drops in sales? If so what types of locations are they?

So, I've been in the vending business for about 2 years now. In the last few months I have seen a decrease in sales in a few of my machines. One in particular is at a Hertz Auto Sales. Obviously the auto industry isn't doing its best right now. I assume the salesmen and other employees have cut back and tightened their own wallets.

Have any of you guys experienced recent drops in sales? If so what types of locations are they?

Overall business is up, but that is due to a number of new locations. Compared to previous years the accounts that I have several years of history with the sales are generally flat.

My two poor selling locations are outdoor machines in front of busy flea markets...

last year the both of them were averaging about $50 a week each. Since February I still yet have to pull over $20 a week from them.

One Location did $47 for the entire month of April AND May, COMBINED!!!!!!!!!!!! The lady that owns that flea market said if her piss poor sales keep up, She will be out of business by fall. Due to the lack of sales, she said she is losing vendors left and right.

The first weekend in June she had a customer appreciation thing with free hot dogs and burgers. Had a band play for 3hrs. People came in and walked around eating the free food, but didn't really buy anything. When her and her 3 adult children offered help,she said the majority of the people just said, "oh, im just walking around to cool off."

My sales across all locations are up about 2% from last year. A couple local vendors I know with similar size routes say their sales are down 20% from 2008 levels and basically flat since that time.

Archived