Oak MFG

dpvnc

Hey Guys:

I just tried calling Oak MFG for parts. Phone goes directly to answering machine. So upon looking for another number for them I found this Oak MFG address

Has any one heard anything on them? It looks like the building is available for lease June 2011

Hey Guys:

I just tried calling Oak MFG for parts. Phone goes directly to answering machine. So upon looking for another number for them I found this Oak MFG address

Has any one heard anything on them? It looks like the building is available for lease June 2011

I just ordered and received machines from them 2 wks ago.

Olivia seems to run the show on the phones there and with orders.

If she's out or busy, voicemail is what you get.

I've gotten voicemail when calling Oak many times...so that in itself may not be a sign of closure.

HOWEVER, Olivia had mentioned layoffs to me about a year ago now.

I mentioned it briefly on a thread here somewhere.

The new building may just be a result of the layoffs.

A smaller staff requires less office space.

But, really, I don't know any more than that...

I have tried calling them about 10 times at various times of the day over the past 2 weeks and have only gotten a machine. I thought maybe they were on vacation.

How many times did you leave messages requesting a call-back?

If they aren't returning calls, that's not a good sign.

I was not accurate saying I ordered machines from them 2 weeks ago....it's more accurate to say I got machines from them 2 weeks ago.

It was actually about a month ago that I put in my order for machines and my call went right to Olivia.

She then called me about a week later to tell me my machines were on the way.

I then received the machines a week later (2 wks ago).

So she was working as of 3 weeks ago.

Sherlock...what phone number do you have for Olivia? maybe you have a better contact # than others.

No, I don't.

I wish I had some options for you folks.

I use the phone # off the site, too.

1-800-247-4932

maybe if you guys say " this message is for Olivia, please call me back at your earliest convenience" I always say on my messages the day,date and the time of day too... maybe Olivia will take personal interest in the message if she hears her name.

Two days no returned call no answering the phone by anyone either. Guess I do not understand the Oak business model.

Kind of reminds me of LM Becker switched to all internet sales and then gone

I just received an email from them. Seems they are moving and have been having problems with their phones.

Super Special Coming Soon!

To celebrate our recent move. We will be offering some very special deals in the very near

Future. Please make a note of our new address.

We have had some phone issues with our carrier AT&T. Hopefully these problems will be resolved

Soon. Meanwhile the best way to communicate with us is by internet, or if you prefer

leave us a message. Warning because of AT&T’s equipment failure in our area. You may have to

several times.

Oak Manufacturing Co. Inc.

2850 E. Vernon Ave.

Vernon, Ca. 90058

1800-247-4932

oakmfg@aol.com

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. They could have their number ported to Skype or Google Voice and be taking calls within an hour... virtually seamless. Almost zero downtime.

I just received an email from them. Seems they are moving and have been having problems with their phones.

Super Special Coming Soon!

To celebrate our recent move. We will be offering some very special deals in the very near

Future. Please make a note of our new address.

We have had some phone issues with our carrier AT&T. Hopefully these problems will be resolved

Soon. Meanwhile the best way to communicate with us is by internet, or if you prefer

leave us a message. Warning because of AT&T’s equipment failure in our area. You may have to

several times.

Oak Manufacturing Co. Inc.

2850 E. Vernon Ave.

Vernon, Ca. 90058

1800-247-4932

oakmfg@aol.com

Very good to know.

Thanks for the post Darryl.

Archived