Anyone see this NASA YouTube Stuff?

There is absolutely nothing in that video that lends itself to believe NASA is warning employees of possible problems "caused from space".

The guy mentions space only once throughout the video and his reference is in regards to how unique NASA's responsibilities are.

Seems he refers to space in order to illustrate the importance of continuity within their program during REAL threats like "hurricanes", "earthquakes", and "9/11 type of attacks (terrorism)".

It seems the video's intent is to ensure employees have an emergency preparedness plan for their families at home so that during REALISTIC catastrophes (like hurricanes or earthquakes) employee families can keep their home lives somewhat together -- thereby allowing NASA employees to show up for work during those catastrophes.

I saw this type of request from jobs when i worked in corporate America and we weren't doing anything as important as NASA employees....and we certainly didn't have any insight to threats from space.

There is absolutely nothing in that video that lends itself to believe NASA is warning employees of possible problems "caused from space".

The guy mentions space only once throughout the video and his reference is in regards to how unique NASA's responsibilities are.

Seems he refers to space in order to illustrate the importance of continuity within their program during REAL threats like "hurricanes", "earthquakes", and "9/11 type of attacks (terrorism)".

It seems the video's intent is to ensure employees have an emergency preparedness plan for their families at home so that during REALISTIC catastrophes (like hurricanes or earthquakes) employee families can keep their home lives somewhat together -- thereby allowing NASA employees to show up for work during those catastrophes.

I saw this type of request from jobs when i worked in corporate America and we weren't doing anything as important as NASA employees....and we certainly didn't have any insight to threats from space.

Sherlock, that sounds like a very wise assesment of the message given. It seems a lot of people have a very different twist and are reading all kinds of things into it as you can see by watching related video. What you are suggesting is something that every family in America or the world for that matter should have in place as a safety precaution.

Archived