Brand New Kick Start Order

I just ordered three locations on Friday July 1st from Kick Start. I want to let everyone know my experience as it happens. This is my first locator and I am not knowing what to expect. I love to locate myself but have 8 extra machines here now and will have more ready this week, so I though I would see what happens. I think I can expand faster at this point if I get some help. I ordered all platinum three head locations.

Two business days into this I am already showing three pending locations waiting to be verified. They are a tavern, restaurant, and a hotel. I should have the confirmations soon I would think. Very fast service so far, will see how things turn out in a day or two.

Two business days into this I am already showing three pending locations waiting to be verified. They are a tavern, restaurant, and a hotel. I should have the confirmations soon I would think. Very fast service so far, will see how things turn out in a day or two.

I placed a machine this morning at the hotel and restaurant locations I received. I turned down the bar, so will wait for something different. So far it has been a very positive expereince with both managers fully aware of who I was and were expecting me with machines. Both were very impressed with the machines, so all should go well. Time will tell how they produce. Rob definately did his part and did it fast.

I placed a machine this morning at the hotel and restaurant locations I received. I turned down the bar, so will wait for something different. So far it has been a very positive expereince with both managers fully aware of who I was and were expecting me with machines. Both were very impressed with the machines, so all should go well. Time will tell how they produce. Rob definately did his part and did it fast.

My third location has already been found. Will keep you posted on how that machine delivery goes.

why did you turn down the bar? Bars can be really good.

I have a really shabby bar in the middle of no where and I am

always surprised at the amount of traffic it gets.

The bar is located in an area I do not like to be. Our city had two police officers and a K9 shot 1/2 block from there in another bar parking lot. This was at 7:00am. It is just not an anvironment I am comfortable operating in.

The bar is located in an area I do not like to be. Our city had two police officers and a K9 shot 1/2 block from there in another bar parking lot. This was at 7:00am. It is just not an anvironment I am comfortable operating in.

Ahh, I see. I would pass on that too, not worth dying.

Well guys,

Rob found locations very fast. How they perform is yet to be seen and really nothing to do with his ability to locate. I did have one very large problem as a result of Rob's caller which had gotten back to my charity very fast. I will not go into this more at this time as I am going to see how Rob responds to the problem caused.

I did have one very large problem as a result of Rob's caller which had gotten back to my charity very fast. I will not go into this more at this time as I am going to see how Rob responds to the problem caused.

Uh-ohhhhh..............sadly, this sounds too familiar.

This isn't the first time a locator's caller causes issues with a charity.

I hope your issue doesn't cost you your ability to use locators...as it did for me with my local charity.

• 2 weeks later...

All is set with my order and I definatley got what I paid for. Rob sent me an extra location as someone actually called him back and wanted a vendor. As far as what I got, I have two really good accounts, one terrible account, and one that is too early to call. My really good ones are restaurants, the terrible account is a hotel where the owner had two machines.(They allowed me to place right up front in the lobby and when I checked back a week later it was on the other end of the hotel by the back door). I am sure it will be pulled by me soon as I am running short of machines all of the sudden. The fourth location is an auto repair shop and while I do not see much retail traffic in the waiting area, I will need to see how hungry the mechanics are. One of the restaurants has another in a close town and I have a good feeling aboout securing that down the line as a result of this also.

As far as their tactics and how they get accounts. They represent themselves as the charity and make it sound as if the charity is placing the machine and not a seperate business that is in it for the money and making a charity donation. My charity is local, small town, and pretty well known and connected. Problem was that a few businesses thought they were being scammed as they know the charity well enough to know the sales line was not correct. I had to make some calls and appologizes but have it all straightened out again. I know locators do what they do and that is how they can land some accounts, but the way it is done does not work well with a local charity in my opinion as complaints get back must faster than they would if using something national. My charity is very good but very easy to access by all and check the stories.

I have ideas on how to better use kickstart in the future if I need to, but it would need to be better thought out and scripted properly.

In the meentime I have gotten these accounts as a few myslef and am back to needing to restore and assemble some machines for a while as order some new ones. I placed two toy racks myslef last week and have a good possibility on a third.

As far as their tactics and how they get accounts. They represent themselves as the charity and make it sound as if the charity is placing the machine and not a seperate business that is in it for the money and making a charity donation. My charity is local, small town, and pretty well known and connected. Problem was that a few businesses thought they were being scammed as they know the charity well enough to know the sales line was not correct. I had to make some calls and appologizes but have it all straightened out again. I know locators do what they do and that is how they can land some accounts, but the way it is done does not work well with a local charity in my opinion as complaints get back must faster than they would if using something national. My charity is very good but very easy to access by all and check the stories.

So how did Rob respond to the problem?

So how did Rob respond to the problem?

Well if you have dealt with Rob you know it started out with Sorry Partner. Really his response was not much and I guess I would have thought there would have been more of apology of some sort. His caller did go way out of bounds and things got out of hand between the two parties on the phone. I personally appologized for them and the business owner admitted that he may have lead this guy down the path to what was said and what happened, but still if he is a professional locator, he should have been professional enough to say thanks for your time and end it. Instead they got into a slight confrontation and things went bad. Rob said that it is not the guys normal method as he has worked for him many years and is a good seller and he would see what had happened. A week has passed and no more has been said.

Here anything from Rob? Also, how do you like those locations?

I have not heard any more from Rob. I paid for three locations, got four. One is Terrible, Two are going to be great, and one I have actually had the restraint to not check on. This is a new area for me. I might be able to let it go the full month before knowing how it is doing.

Archived