Need Help Please

Hello I am new to this forum but I am hoping that someone can help me figure out a problem I am having, I have a M&M Vending machine and when I put a dollar bill in the machine it registers it but spits it back out at me. I am trying to figure out what is happening I have cleaned the eye, but I am not sure what should be on or off with the switches any help would be greatly appreciated.

A few questions that may help us

M&M machine made by Vendo?

What type of valdiator is in the machine?

Was the machine working and then just stopped or has this never worked?

A few questions that may help us

M&M machine made by Vendo? Yes

What type of valdiator is in the machine? Mars Bill Acceptor series 2000

Was the machine working and then just stopped or has this never worked? Yes it was working and the machine has sat unplugged for the last 5 months.

If it worked prior to you taking it out of service I doubt that is a switch setting. I would power the machine down, clean the bill path, power the machine on, then make a bunch of vends with nickels, dimes and quarters (about $5.00 worth) and see if that clears it up.

If it worked prior to you taking it out of service I doubt that is a switch setting. I would power the machine down, clean the bill path, power the machine on, then make a bunch of vends with nickels, dimes and quarters (about $5.00 worth) and see if that clears it up.

Did not work I put in over $20.00 in change, and it did vend on every vend put would not take a dollar bill. It takes it and registers a $1.00 but then spits the dollar back out , and when you push the selection it clears the dollar off the machine and nothing comes out

I can only think of 2 possibilities.

1) When you pull out the eye portion and look at the guides, you should notice a clear plastic piece on either side. When you clean the eye, clean the sides too. If that's not functioning correctly, it can cause the bill to come back out.

2) The communication isn't right. This one is harder to troubleshoot and does require a voltage meter. Although most don't need this detailed and isolating the problem to the validator or machine control board is usually sufficient. In which case having a spare of either one should do the trick.

Archived