Has Anyone Here Ever Dealt With Metro Vending?

I came across this company website on CL: http://metrovending.homestead.com/index.html They apparently locate in your area, arrange for a local bottler to deliver the machines and then you service them. You buy the product directly from the bottler and they deliver it to your home or a storage facility. They also say that the bottler is responsible for all repairs and will usually respond within 24 hours of the call. So basically I would just be buying the product from the bottler (no unit price given) and filling up the machines. Has anyone here ever been involved with a situation like this or with this company? Sounds interesting but I am very skeptical because it has a biz op ring to it. I will say that the website has alot of info and seems to be straight forward. I would appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

I came across this company website on CL: http://metrovending.homestead.com/index.html They apparently locate in your area, arrange for a local bottler to deliver the machines and then you service them. You buy the product directly from the bottler and they deliver it to your home or a storage facility. They also say that the bottler is responsible for all repairs and will usually respond within 24 hours of the call. So basically I would just be buying the product from the bottler (no unit price given) and filling up the machines. Has anyone here ever been involved with a situation like this or with this company? Sounds interesting but I am very skeptical because it has a biz op ring to it. I will say that the website has alot of info and seems to be straight forward. I would appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Sorry on my phone and can`t get the link set up for you. There is a recent thread about this company titled something like "buying a rout" that should answer you questions.

In general, not recommended.

• 2 months later...

I have done business with them. I think they are great! I got into vending about 4 years ago with no idea of how to get started. I decided to have them set up my route and they amazed me with their service. I told them what area I wanted to get started in they set up everything with Coke so all I had to do is go sign an agreement. They gave me ten locations all of them pulled in over $100 a week except 1 and they switched that one out with no extra charge. I think if your new to vending and want someone to really show you the ropes they are great for that. I mean think about it your getting a business that in less then a year is worth $50,000 for around $12,000. My girlfriend in TN decided to get into the vending business after seeing how well I was doing. I gave her their number they and set her up with a great route. I still call them from time to time to get a few more locations when I want to expand my area.

I have done business with them. I think they are great! I got into vending about 4 years ago with no idea of how to get started. I decided to have them set up my route and they amazed me with their service. I told them what area I wanted to get started in they set up everything with Coke so all I had to do is go sign an agreement. They gave me ten locations all of them pulled in over $100 a week except 1 and they switched that one out with no extra charge. I think if your new to vending and want someone to really show you the ropes they are great for that. I mean think about it your getting a business that in less then a year is worth $50,000 for around $12,000. My girlfriend in TN decided to get into the vending business after seeing how well I was doing. I gave her their number they and set her up with a great route. I still call them from time to time to get a few more locations when I want to expand my area.

fiiiiiiiiiiiishy

first post eh?

subtle.

When I saw her registration come across, I knew that she would respond to this thread. However, I didn't anticipate her going in this direction. It really is unfortunate for her.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Definitely not SEAL Team 6 material....

This should get interesting. We just acquired another member with a Metro Vending email address.

Get your popcorn ready.

This should get interesting. We just acquired another member with a Metro Vending email address.

Get your popcorn ready.

Just for fun I went to peoplelookup.com and did a free search on the phone numbers and both numbers come up as cell phone numbers. So my guess is that this is a couple of people without a real office that could just as well be working out of the garage of one of their mommas homes. ;D

I am a Metro Vending customer in process. I'll let you all know how it turns out. So far I've paid half down for a 10 machine 3rd party route ($5750). Their West-US rep (Charles) provided me several references which I followed up with (both via phone calls as well as confirming they were legit). It does seem that they are primarily a locator service. They told me to expect an average of $100/week for each machine which is worth the investment IMHO if they can provide good locations. Charles agreed to replace any location that performed at less than $50/week.

I am presently setting up accounts with Coke and Pepsi and once that is complete Metro is supposed to begin the locating. They did provide some assistance with the initial contacts with Coke and Pepsi thus making the process somewhat easier than it would have been on my own (though to be fair I probably could have waded through it without their help given a little more time). I guess in the end it will all come down to the locations they provide - if they are good I may continue to use them as a locating service. If not - it's a costly lesson learned. My first half-payment includes the first four locations, and I intend to get a read on these before committing to send the second half.

I am a Metro Vending customer in process. I'll let you all know how it turns out. So far I've paid half down for a 10 machine 3rd party route ($5750). Their West-US rep (Charles) provided me several references which I followed up with (both via phone calls as well as confirming they were legit). It does seem that they are primarily a locator service. They told me to expect an average of $100/week for each machine which is worth the investment IMHO if they can provide good locations. Charles agreed to replace any location that performed at less than $50/week.

I am presently setting up accounts with Coke and Pepsi and once that is complete Metro is supposed to begin the locating. They did provide some assistance with the initial contacts with Coke and Pepsi thus making the process somewhat easier than it would have been on my own (though to be fair I probably could have waded through it without their help given a little more time). I guess in the end it will all come down to the locations they provide - if they are good I may continue to use them as a locating service. If not - it's a costly lesson learned. My first half-payment includes the first four locations, and I intend to get a read on these before committing to send the second half.

Well good luck buddy! I hope everything works out for you... Be sure to fill us in because this metro vending thread was going nowhere but downhill would be nice to hear something positive about them

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Metro Vending came through today with my first four locations.

Here's my thoughts up to this point -

PROS:

* 4 locations in less than a week since my approval with Pepsi as 3PO, not bad

* Locations sent with detailed data and a copy of the phone conversation between the location manager and the telemarketer confirming the request for machine placement

* Received a personal e-mail along with the locations informing me that they would be happy to replace any that did not perform to the agreed upon standard (minimum of $50 / week).

CONS:

* All locations included a 10% commission - even ones that wouldn't normally require it. I suspect the telemarketers are using commission as a selling point to gain the location. However, the locations also came with the manager's approval for above-average vend prices ($1.65 bottles, $2.50 energy drinks) to compensate.

* One location was a dud. Two others are borderline.

Location summary:

* Hair Salon - outdoor machine in small shopping plaza may attract customers from other businesses? (fair)

* Apartment Complex - 75 units. Machine in outdoor courtyard. (good?)

* Welding Shop - 15 employees in and out of the shop. Machine in break room. (fair)

* Hair Salon - machine in breakroom (dud!)

Overall Opinion: Still undecided. I understand how difficult tele-locating can be, so I'm not worried about the quality of locations coming through so long as Metro works with me (as they have agreed) to replace those that do not perform. I e-mailed them back and asked them to replace the dud location (waiting on a response). Forwarded the other three to my Pepsi rep to get his opinion. I'll update again once I see how this works out. Your opinions?

Let me get this straight? You paid half "$5750.00" for 10 locations? You still owe $5750.00 for a total of $11,500? I hope this is a typo on your part?

If not, I am amazed at what people will pay when it comes to vending "deals". :o If you would have approached me about doing this I would have done it for the $5750.00 ;D , heck I would have done a $500.00 consulting fee and showed you how to do it all yourself with better results. I could have showed you how to make money off drink machines and never buy the first machine, drink, fill the first machine, repair a machine, and cost you nothing.I know because I currently do it.

I am never suprised but sometimes amazed by what I hear people pay and do when it comes to vending.

STOP while you can and get the most out of what you have paid for and move on. Paying $11,500 for 10 drink only locations that you dont even own the machines is CRAZY with acapital CRAZY.

Update: Metro Vending came through today with my first four locations.

Here's my thoughts up to this point -

PROS:

* 4 locations in less than a week since my approval with Pepsi as 3PO, not bad

* Locations sent with detailed data and a copy of the phone conversation between the location manager and the telemarketer confirming the request for machine placement

* Received a personal e-mail along with the locations informing me that they would be happy to replace any that did not perform to the agreed upon standard (minimum of $50 / week).

CONS:

* All locations included a 10% commission - even ones that wouldn't normally require it. I suspect the telemarketers are using commission as a selling point to gain the location. However, the locations also came with the manager's approval for above-average vend prices ($1.65 bottles, $2.50 energy drinks) to compensate.

* One location was a dud. Two others are borderline.

Location summary:

* Hair Salon - outdoor machine in small shopping plaza may attract customers from other businesses? (fair)

* Apartment Complex - 75 units. Machine in outdoor courtyard. (good?)

* Welding Shop - 15 employees in and out of the shop. Machine in break room. (fair)

* Hair Salon - machine in breakroom (dud!)

Overall Opinion: Still undecided. I understand how difficult tele-locating can be, so I'm not worried about the quality of locations coming through so long as Metro works with me (as they have agreed) to replace those that do not perform. I e-mailed them back and asked them to replace the dud location (waiting on a response). Forwarded the other three to my Pepsi rep to get his opinion. I'll update again once I see how this works out. Your opinions?

when you say good locations, dud locations...give us an idea of your gross revenue and COGS in these locations. Also can you show us the script they use?

you seem like a good dude, and i dont want to be mean, but telemarketing these kind of locations is NOT hard. i assure you i am the worst salesman you have ever met and i could bang out these locations in a day or two, especially offering commission. You could easily get on the phone with a $100 biz directory or local phone books and secure these locations. In fact if you look under the "locator" forum Bev (poplady) describes she has a whole side business just doing these all across the country all over the phone.

Let me get this straight? You paid half "$5750.00" for 10 locations? You still owe $5750.00 for a total of $11,500? I hope this is a typo on your part?

If not, I am amazed at what people will pay when it comes to vending "deals". :o If you would have approached me about doing this I would have done it for the $5750.00 ;D , heck I would have done a $500.00 consulting fee and showed you how to do it all yourself with better results. I could have showed you how to make money off drink machines and never buy the first machine, drink, fill the first machine, repair a machine, and cost you nothing.I know because I currently do it.

I am never suprised but sometimes amazed by what I hear people pay and do when it comes to vending.

STOP while you can and get the most out of what you have paid for and move on. Paying $11,500 for 10 drink only locations that you dont even own the machines is CRAZY with acapital CRAZY.

could not agree more bud

in all seriousness i would try to get my money back...this kind of thing breaks my heart...that is so much money these guys should be ashamed of themselves

bob, you should take RJT up on his offer for consulting...honestly he can point you in the right direction for getting a vending business set up to make you money. he helped me out a lot with script development to get appointments over the phone, how to correctly figure out what makes good business sense and so on.

when you say good locations, dud locations...give us an idea of your gross revenue and COGS in these locations. Also can you show us the script they use?

you seem like a good dude, and i dont want to be mean, but telemarketing these kind of locations is NOT hard. i assure you i am the worst salesman you have ever met and i could bang out these locations in a day or two, especially offering commission. You could easily get on the phone with a $100 biz directory or local phone books and secure these locations. In fact if you look under the "locator" forum Bev (poplady) describes she has a whole side business just doing these all across the country all over the phone.

could not agree more bud

in all seriousness i would try to get my money back...this kind of thing breaks my heart...that is so much money these guys should be ashamed of themselves

bob, you should take RJT up on his offer for consulting...honestly he can point you in the right direction for getting a vending business set up to make you money. he helped me out a lot with script development to get appointments over the phone, how to correctly figure out what makes good business sense and so on.

I agree with everything these guys are saying, this is a lose/lose situation. But I want to be certain that our business, Blue Moose Vending Management is reflected in the proper light. Blue Moose does not find these types of locations all across the country. We do not find or look for Hair Salons, 10 person metal shops. They sometimes contact us on our website and we will offer these accounts up for free to vendors. Telemarketing is a very small portion of our business. We work with larger accounts almost entirely with Southern California based companies. We do not solicit business on vendiscuss in any form unless we pay Steve to advertise. I think at one time some years ago we posted something on the locator list but since that time our work model has changed and that needs to be updated or deleted.

Just wanting to clear that up alittle.

Poplady1

I agree with everything these guys are saying, this is a lose/lose situation. But I want to be certain that our business, Blue Moose Vending Management is reflected in the proper light. Blue Moose does not find these types of locations all across the country. We do not find or look for Hair Salons, 10 person metal shops. They sometimes contact us on our website and we will offer these accounts up for free to vendors. Telemarketing is a very small portion of our business. We work with larger accounts almost entirely with Southern California based companies. We do not solicit business on vendiscuss in any form unless we pay Steve to advertise. I think at one time some years ago we posted something on the locator list but since that time our work model has changed and that needs to be updated or deleted.

Just wanting to clear that up alittle.

Poplady1

i was referring to this,

sorry if there was some confusion

could not agree more bud

For $11,500 I would have flew out to your town, stayed a week with you, found 20 accounts for you, and taught you how to find future locations. :o

We are not trying to add insult to injury but we are just trying to show you how CRAZY this is to spend these kind of dollars for what you are getting. We also hope it helps someone else not to make the same mistake.....

i was referring to this,

sorry if there was some confusion

The National 3rd party agreement with Beverage companies is for Blue Moose only. We do not sell those locations, we keep them for our companies 3rd party agreement and monthly commission back to us. I thought you were referring to our earlier post stating we were locating machines for vendors. That post is being removed. But even on our National Account program we would never put a drink machine in a Hair Salon or small 10 person shop, the bottlers would not be happy with us.

Poplady1

I know its caused some confusion in the past too. Steve will be deleting it for us since our business model has changed....I get a lot of calls from vendiscuss members wanting some help locating machines. So this is a gold mine for new business. A good place to advertise your service, plus the members are good about putting up supportive comments.

Poplady1

too bad i thought that was one of the most insightful posts ive seen on here

Archived