Super Auctions out of business?

BudLeiser

05/06/11 Orlando had a super auctions equipment and arcade auction. I dropped off a 7 Head beaver rack (3x 2inch on top, 4 1 inch on bottom) along with 3 1800 candy dispensers. They told me I couldn't pick up my money after the auction (apparently that is how it worked in the past) I would have to wait 14-30 days for a check. I still (07/05) have not been able to get in contact with them or seen a check.

Any clue what is going on? If your selling equipment with them beware.

Yea, I had a few issues with them as well. Been selling stuff through them for a few years now. In April 2010, their check bounced! Got some lame excuse from the owner (Rob), but the funds were eventually covered in a few weeks. Had a problem in Dec 2010 with stuff sold at auction - no check and no returned calls. The company web site went down for a while and they claimed to be "reorganizing". Was told by a video vendor this last spring that he owed "big money" to some other vendors as well as to state governments for not remitting sales taxes collected. But he did come out of bankruptcy (at least for a while) to do that auction in May. But I was able to get my payment from the last 2 auctions in cash at the last auction from the administrator that I had a good rapport with. I was gonna bid on that Beaver rack, but just did not need any more two inch toy machines. Just looked at the web site. The schedule still has a May 24 auction listed and has not been updated since - not looking too good. Hope you recover those funds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think this guy is toast, Bud. His web site has not been updated since May. At that last auction, all of the buyers had to pay in cash, no credit cards. He had a lame excuse that his new company’s credit card system was not on-line yet. Hmmm…. However, all the sellers would be paid by check next week from the main “office” (or should I say boiler room). Usually checks are cut on site, but again the new company’s computer check writing system was not "on-line" yet. Hmmm…. Of course, no checks were ever written - surprise. What a low life.

I think this guy is totally in over his head and tapped out of money. He probably owes so much to vendors and state governments that it’s ridiculous. The money is gone and the legal system can do nothing about it. Unless you are due a favor from Don Corleone!

I can just hear Clemenza yelling, “Leave the gun, take the gumballs”!

Archived