Wooden Stands

dperry

I recently created some wooden stands and I thought I would share them with you all.

This one is in a indoor hockey rink.

WoodenStand.jpg

And a pic of it when it was finished being built.

WoodenStandPre.jpg

And here's a closeup:

WoodenStandCloseUp.jpg

These are made from cut down 2x4s, held together with wood screws, and painted black. The platform for the machines is 1x6 for the bottom, and 1x8 for the top. It is 24in wide, 18in deep and 33in tall. Total cost of materials is about $10. Made it in an afternoon.

those look nice darryl, I posted pics of the same design several months ago and have had them out on location for a while, I need to add the crossbrace on mine though

I also made a jig and can make one in about 10 minutes, I dont rip the 2x4's though, the firring strips were alot easier

Yeah, the real downside is that it takes so long and so much effort to make just one. Cutting, sanding, painting, etc. Not as easy as just opening a box and putting one together. But at this stage of the game, I have more time than money to put into the biz.

I posted pics of the same design several months ago and have had them out on location for a while

I dont rip the 2x4's though, the firring strips were alot easier

Yes, I think I have seen the light! Ripping the 2x4 is a pain, and it's difficult to find one that isn't warped, or has blemishes.

I have an alternate design in my head too. I'll post pix when I have them.

• 3 months later...

Made another wooden stand, but of a different style.

This is styled like step stand, using 2x4s. The rails and uprights are notched where they join, to help keep them square. Each joint has 2 1/4 bolts. The mounting plates are 1x6's cut to 15", and screwed into the end of the uprights with long wood screws.

IMAG0104.jpeg

IMAG0103.jpeg

IMAG0102.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I recently created some wooden stands and I thought I would share them with you all.

This one is in a indoor hockey rink.

WoodenStand.jpg

And a pic of it when it was finished being built.

WoodenStandPre.jpg

And here's a closeup:

WoodenStandCloseUp.jpg

These are made from cut down 2x4s, held together with wood screws, and painted black. The platform for the machines is 1x6 for the bottom, and 1x8 for the top. It is 24in wide, 18in deep and 33in tall. Total cost of materials is about $10. Made it in an afternoon.

I made a stand like this this afternoon. It only took me about 30 minutes to complete the stand and about 7 dollars. I will put up some pictures in a day or so as soon as it is painted!

I made a stand like this this afternoon. It only took me about 30 minutes to complete the stand and about 7 dollars. I will put up some pictures in a day or so as soon as it is painted!

Yes, pics please! At this stage of the game, having more time then money is the norm. The money I save on making my own stands, as opposed to buying and shipping a metal stand, will allow me to buy more machines or more product.

Almost ready to work. Just waiting on stick hands and blockheads. I also need to take that candy out, and remove the nccs stick and it is ready! Thanks again for the stand info!

That looks really nice. Yours looks pretty tall. What are the dimensions that you ended up using?

That looks really nice. Yours looks pretty tall. What are the dimensions that you ended up using?

Ya I am not happy with the height! Anyways the front legs are 20" and the top are 36" . Also the bottom stands I extended them to 20 " as well. It is very sturdy though and there is no chance it will tip. If you are going to continue making wooden stands I really suggest Rustoleum Truck bed liner. It is about $17 a quart but will easily cover 10-11 stands. It is a very thick paint and it really covers and seals the wood well.

Archived