NEW All American Chicken thread

sherlock

Since the other "All American Chicken" thread got hijacked before I could ask some questions, I wanted to start another All American Chicken thread with some thoughts I had as I thought more about this machine.

When looking at the All American Chicken Machine, I am reminded of how many entertainment centers (indoor playgrounds, party places, arcades, etc) have games like Pac-Man, Asteroids, and Galaga....video games some of us group up playing.

And I wonder if this All American machine can't fit that same niche.

Seeing a chicken machine like this alongside todays cranes & video games, wouldn't some parents put a couple quarters in there just to show their kids something of their youth?

Wouldn't some youngsters put quarters in there because it's so "different" than everything else out there (not a video game, not a crane, and not a bulk machine)?

No doubt , really young kids would still get a kick out of this machine, so one could always count on quarters from that demographic (children too young to play the cranes or video games).

These thoughts make me wonder (contrary to my initial thoughts about this machine) if the All American Chicken Machine would indeed draw some quarters that a video game and/or bulk machine would not.

Ideally, this machine may be perfect in a location wherein you have high foot traffic, not too many repeat customers, with an existing rack already in place.

If we already have racks in these types of high traffic locations, could/should we add something like this next to our racks?

If we are trying to get into one of these types of high traffic locations, could offering this machine be something that would help us get our foot in the door?

The All American Chicken Machine is something they may let you deliver since you aren't going into the place offering the same thing someone else already has there (racks, cranes, video games)?

Some have an issue with the cost of the machine....But, is it really out of line when considering the cost of a crane?

One could get just as creative with their offerings on a chicken machine as they do in a crane -- golden eggs with special prizes in the mix in order to justify higher price points and to draw multiple "plays" from customers, for example?

Just wondering what you guys/gals thought....

I think you may be onto something. Buy one and let me know how it works out for ya.grin.gif

Well...just for the record, I do own a chicken machine (old one -- not the All American) and it outperforms the sportsblaster I have next to it 2-to-1.

Don't know how my competitor's rack does next to my chicken machine and sports blaster...but I'm happy with my chicken machine's performance.

I just can't pretend to be an expert on it based on the performance of my sole Chicken machine...it's the only one I have and I haven't owned it very long.

So, I thought I'd wonder "aloud" on the forum and get some input.

the chicken machine has been popular for years, it is a great concept and draws the attention of kids. the problem with the "all american chicken machine" is the cost, it does not make sense to spend that much money on that type machine, even if it outperforms a rack in a location, that rack owner can buy 3 racks and make more money in the long run.

Two things that I think may be relevant: The chicken Old or New is interactive but not only one level like a sports blaster or a shooting hoops. Oak makes the show stopper, the wowie zowie, oscars wild ride they use sound and lights. Today's kids are used to multiple things going on at once. Hence watching TV playing and many other things the do all at the same time. I watched little kids a while back playing with a wowie zowie they dance and watch in awe as the gumball does it's thing. We are adults we do not think like kids. Kids love seeing new things so a chicken might lose its luster after the third or fourth visit. Some places still have the old chickens they must still be good income makers if they are still out there catching the quarters

My one location I put a crane a 5 head rack and a 2" ball and toy in. My take from that location has not seen a significant increase in revenue the quarters just seem to flow from machine to the other machine depending on the product that is most popular

I would think commission would be higher than the average bulk rack. Due to the size of the machine. It also uses electricity, correct?

Maybe. But, not on mine.

Pay same commission as on Sportblaster...which is pretty much the same commission for racks at this type of location.

We are adults we do not think like kids. Kids love seeing new things so a chicken might lose its luster after the third or fourth visit.

I agree -- this is one reason I described the ideal location for this type of machine as one with "not too many repeat customers".

Something other than a restaurant would be ideal. Party places, indoor playgrounds, etc...those see some repeat customers but plenty of new ones on a weekly basis, too.

in a place with "not to many repeat customers"it should do really well imo.part of the reason it cost so much is because of the dollar bill acceptor,which will almost certainly help earnings.I believe even if you dont get the dollar acceptor it still comes wired for it and you can plug one in later.If I had a party room to put it in I would get one.

I would much rather throw in an extra 300 and get a crane. And we all need to know that bulk product needs to be change most every cycle. I see a big pain changing product in the chicken.

Just curious Havending...why a "pain changing product".

The eggs don't show what's in them.

Adding a new product is just a matter of adding eggs with the new stuff in them, no?

Adding a new product is just a matter of adding eggs with the new stuff in them, no?

he is probably thinking round caps.would it be difficult to switch product?

If I had one I would not use eggs. I would use what ever my hottest product was at the time. And the vend would be 1.00 or .75. I would rotate the product in the chicked as i would any other machine to keep sales robust. The machine looks like it would hold about 1000 or so caps so it would be a lot to rotate out. I would not use eggs because most egg mixes are pure junk and the higher vend is needed to pay for the machine. I only use products that I have true displays for. FYI A&A will make you an egg mix out of any of the products they sell you just pay the capping cost. For me to buy the machine gross sales would have to be in excess of 300 a month. Just because a machine looks nice does not mean its a winner. I know guys who have the web glow machine and they cost like 6 grand and the machine only does 200.00. In not for those kinda numbers

Archived