Frozen soda

tedk

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it. I got a call tonight from an account that said the soda section of my Crane combo wasn't working. When I arrived the cans were frozen. The compressor and fan were not running. Is this a thermostat problem? (fingers crossed)

Ted

If the compressor was off then yes it is probably the thermostat. Was all the product frozen or just the diet? Did the cans expand or was there just ice in them?

Diet Pepsi and Coke Zero froze and split. Grape, Coke, Ginger Ale. Root Beer, Apple Juice and Orange Juice were frozen. Some cans expanded. Some cams froze but didn't expand some didn't completely freeze.

I spoke to Crane, and they had me check a couple of things and we decided to replace the temperature sensor.

Ted

Good call. Diet drinks will freeze first. So the fact that the diets froze and split and other product didn't freeze (or did but not as much as the diets) means either you git there before the machine totally froze or the temp sensor is reading a bad temp.

Archived