How much skittles is too much?

Dorado Vending

I own two vending machines, one that already has a location and a machine that i just got. Today i was thinking, "Maybe i could save money if i changed my candy wheels settings", i thought that since people would tell me thats too much skittles, also i had just read a article about selling too much product.

So what do you guys think? Lower the settings or Leave them be? rolleyes.gif

with the price increases and the cost of living going up constantly,I would readjust the setting on the wheel.it used to be about 13-14 skittles per vend,imo 10 would be about right.

I see the price increase on skittles changing the amount per vend. Our cost of living is irrelevant to our customers though, many of whom may choose to stop buying at 10. I'm vending 14-16 skittles. I thought the cog was around 7 cents. Perfectly acceptable, since skittles were a lower cost item to begin with that has a long shelf life and rarely causes sticking issues.

Long shelf life is nice but wont put money in the bank.I guess you could go with more then ten perhaps 12.you could put an amount in your hand that you deem a fair portion and go with that amount.A quarter isn't much anymore and you have to consider commission too. at least with a smaller amount no 1 can complain about mess on the floor.

Are you guys modifying your candy wheels? I'm using northwestern super 60 machines and have my candy wheels at the lowest level and it still dispenses 9 Mike and Ikes and 13-14 runts per vend. I would like to dispense less but not sure how to do that with it already being at the lowest level.

Are you guys modifying your candy wheels? I'm using northwestern super 60 machines and have my candy wheels at the lowest level and it still dispenses 9 Mike and Ikes and 13-14 runts per vend. I would like to dispense less but not sure how to do that with it already being at the lowest level.

I'm frequently not even setting it to the smallest setting. I used a hand test to determine what I would expect as a customer. At 9 mike and ikes I would actually kick (with a foot, not out of the location) the machine. Since I don't want costs associated with vandalism, never mind loss of future sales, I put more candy in the hand. That's also why I rarely do candy on commission, only if the location requests it as an addition to a set of heads doing toys. Otherwise the candy is on charity. With charity locations the long shelf life means an extended service cycle saving me time and fuel, as well as preventing the chance for it to grow old and stale leading to bad experiences which reduce sales. I love shelf life. It's another reason I'm big on toys. Shelf life. Even when something sucks, I have a mystery mix that does very well at a quarter. I can feed in whatever isn't working for me and it lets me avoid having an excess of crap toys sitting around, or in the case of candy with a short shelf life, sitting in the dumpster.

Archived