does this sound like a motor problem?

dogcow

had a customer complain today at on a few occasions he put some money in my drink machine (DN stack can vendor) and the soda wasnt delivered. it made a noise but the can didnt drop. the vend rely obviously discharged because he put in more money tried again and got a drink. I tested the selection 3 or 4 times and it was working fine, but he insisted it happened often. does this sound like a problem with the motor possibly? if so what can i do? what can i check if its not happening to me?

had a customer complain today at on a few occasions he put some money in my drink machine (DN stack can vendor) and the soda wasnt delivered. it made a noise but the can didnt drop. the vend rely obviously discharged because he put in more money tried again and got a drink. I tested the selection 3 or 4 times and it was working fine, but he insisted it happened often. does this sound like a problem with the motor possibly? if so what can i do? what can i check if its not happening to me?

Yo Dog,

You're having issues this week. First thing to try is to lube the motor and switches with WD40 to get everything nice and loose. It could be a bunch of things such as

bad switch on motor

bad vend relay

improper cam settings

improper spacers

bent rotor

So I would start with lubing the motors and since it doesn't happen all the time we will need to do this trial and error

Yo Dog,

You're having issues this week. First thing to try is to lube the motor and switches with WD40 to get everything nice and loose. It could be a bunch of things such as

bad switch on motor

bad vend relay

improper cam settings

improper spacers

bent rotor

So I would start with lubing the motors and since it doesn't happen all the time we will need to do this trial and error

thanks ...yes this has been a long week

cam setting and spacer i am thinking probably not because the machine has been on location for 6 months without any problems reported. So just spray down the whole thing with wd40?

just to clarify on the attached picture...the motor with the brown cam above, the switch is on the top (connected to the wires) and the brake is the part at the bottom?

vend_motors_dixie_501E_600E.bmp

Archived