Revision Doors. Your opinion on your snack machine?

Just curious, what color door did you pick? I'm thinking I love the all black one with a design.

As a side note, are you putting them on refurbished machines or new ones?

Anyone interested can see them here:

And the price point? It can be had on a refurbed machine for $2,400 http://veii.com/new_technology/the_revision_door

Let me know if you guys get it cheaper at another distributor!

Just curious, what color door did you pick? I'm thinking I love the all black one with a design.

As a side note, are you putting them on refurbished machines or new ones?

Anyone interested can see them here:

And the price point? It can be had on a refurbed machine for $2,400 http://veii.com/new_technology/the_revision_door

Let me know if you guys get it cheaper at another distributor!

Got the black ones, I repainted the boxes and then put the new door on the front, looked like brand new machines.

VE makes these doors and they are not available anywhere else that I am aware of.

Have two of them and will be buying another when the machine finds a new home.

Love these doors. Such cool upgrades for accounts wanting a new look. Pull the old one out, update it and put it back in...

Mission, what paint brand/type would you recommend someone buy if they wanted to do the same on old ones?

I am interested in what Mission uses also but I have found that oil based Rustoleum satin black works best. Roll it on with a 12" 1/4" nap roller. Be sure and by good lint free rollers or you will have a mess. They sell the paint at the big box hardware stores in gallon cans. If you cant find satin buy a gallon of flat and a QT of gloss and mix it to get a satin finish.

Look for my post in the refurb section about $150 snack machines and you will see the paint job.

I use 2 cans of Rustoleum "hammered finish" black. Takes a little practice to get it right but requires minimal sanding and the texture hides a lot of imperfections. Less than 20 bucks for paint and masking tape.

I tried that hammered finish type paint before and found rolling on worked much better and had a better finish. I do use a spray to hit the areas of the inside of the cabinet that needs touching up that can be seen. I also use a spray for the legs.

Misssion, give the roll method a try and see what you think. The 1/4" nap does wonders to hide imperfections. It leaves a nice orange peel look to the finish. Another thing about the roll method is the paint applied is much thicker and harder to scratch.

Archived