Deal or No Deal?

NinnJinn

Hello bulk vendors!

I am sitting here at my mother in-law's house making the wife happy. :blink:

We had a cook out this evening for my daughter's 5th birthday and a friend of my mother in-law's showed up. She lost her husband back in May.

Anyways, to make the long story short, her husband had a bulk vending route. She said she has serviced twice since his passing and doesn't really care for it.

I have/had only dealt with vendstars. She says there are 10 stops, 3 machines on top, 1 vends super balls and the other two has toys in them.

On the bottom there are 4 machines, 1 is gumball and other 3 are candy. Runts, PMM, and skittles. She says it is the same setup for each of the 10 locations. She said each time she filled them, they ranged anywhere from 1/4 to half full when she got there.

She wants $1200 for all the machines with locations and she said there is another 7 machines in the garage she wants to get rid of.

I am going with her to check out the machines tomorrow. Is this a good deal? or is it a NO Deal?

Will update more after I get back from checking out the route.

I guess it would depend on the brand of machines. But if each location has 3 machines on top and 4 machines on the bottom I would jump all over it for 1200. 120.00 for a 7 way rack that is located is a very good deal. Let us know what you decide. Hopefully a veteran will jump in and also give an opinion.

Ninn Jinn Kind of sounds like small racks. I would try to find out the gross income numbers. 10 good locations with small racks 1200.00 IMO is a fair deal. You could ditch PMM and add another toy head at .50

Hello bulk vendors!

I am sitting here at my mother in-law's house making the wife happy. :blink:

We had a cook out this evening for my daughter's 5th birthday and a friend of my mother in-law's showed up. She lost her husband back in May.

Anyways, to make the long story short, her husband had a bulk vending route. She said she has serviced twice since his passing and doesn't really care for it.

I have/had only dealt with vendstars. She says there are 10 stops, 3 machines on top, 1 vends super balls and the other two has toys in them.

On the bottom there are 4 machines, 1 is gumball and other 3 are candy. Runts, PMM, and skittles. She says it is the same setup for each of the 10 locations. She said each time she filled them, they ranged anywhere from 1/4 to half full when she got there.

She wants $1200 for all the machines with locations and she said there is another 7 machines in the garage she wants to get rid of.

I am going with her to check out the machines tomorrow. Is this a good deal? or is it a NO Deal?

Will update more after I get back from checking out the route.

This is a good deal. What kind of locations? Only downside would be if you have to move the racks. Racks are not easy to locate. But the equipment is worth the price by itself as long as they are not complete junk.

Hi Folks! Pam wasn't able to go with me, but she gave me a gps that her late husband had programed a route in. it started from their drive way took me to the locations and I ended up back in her driveway.. Pretty cool IMO from her drive way through the route and back to her driveway was a total of 114 miles. :o And would be roughly 20 more miles from my mother in-laws, BUT!!!!!!!! 5 of the locations are in 5 different Golden Corral! And 2 are in two different Mexican restaurants that have the same name. and the last 3 are in a pretty good size grocery store Called "Marsh" (sorry, never seen a Marsh before)

The Golden Corrals have 7months left of their 1yr Service agreement, There was a language barrier at the Mexican restaurants. And marsh wouldn't talk to me.

Golden Corral gets a 30% commission

Anyways, I got back to Pam's with the $1200 in hand and she proceeds to tell me that she was just offered $1500 for the locations alone SO now she is wanting $2500 for the deal.

Here is my situation, I live 215miles from my in-laws, BUT, my wife goes up at least 1 weekend a month.

She jacked the price up on me, BUT, imo these are good spots AND they are all Northwesterns.

The racks look exactly like the following, except the machines are red and there are no wheels on the racks...

http://www.nwcorp.co...nds/squaredeal/

Dude I would do it in a heart beat Golden corrals I would love to have some

Even though she jacked the price up on me? Is $2500 worth the equipment? I know with full line, you base the price on the cost of equipment,

Is it normal to have a route that is over 200 miles away? My wife is up here every month to visit no longer than 6 weeks in between visits. If what I just mentioned is normal, then It would give me a reason to come up with my wife. Plus it would make her happy..... But I just don't want to get in over my head....

2500 breaks down to 250.00 per rack. Taking in consideration the price of just the equipment (rack & machines) 2500.00 is a deal. The locations (excellent) and the product currently in the machines is just a bonus. I wouldn't pass up on this deal. Because you are going to be in the area anyways you might as well jump on this deal. Worst comes to worst you still have made an investment in the equipment that is easily worth more than 2500.00

Congrats! Pissed?

the mrs. always gets grumpy when I make a vending purchase. To make it short, if she was in charge of the vending money, she would have a new hair do and new nails every other week and who knows what else.

Her reason for being grumpy with this purchase? "With that money you were hiding from me, I could have put a down payment on a jacuzzi!"

I didn't tell her this, but I thought about it, "What about the $11k pool I finally got you last year? The bugs are enjoying it more than you are.":-X

Congrats, sounds like you'll make a killing. When I look at Golden Corral, it looks like a 200/month account.

The guys wife did not know what she had, me thinks. Let us know how they perform.

Ninn Jinn Congrats Welcome to the dark side LoL I suspect that you will find there is a very good reason he only had 10 locations Our golden corrals are packed all the time constant kid traffic.

Ninn Jinn Congrats Welcome to the dark side LoL I suspect that you will find there is a very good reason he only had 10 locations Our golden corrals are packed all the time constant kid traffic.

Good deal. Sucked the price jumped up, but even at 2500 I would've pulled the trigger immediately. If I even had just the brand and names of places at 1500 I'd buy them site unseen.

The locations make it a great deal--and I'm assuming she is throwing in the product in the machines--which I would value at least the toys at near their cost of replacement bringing down your price. The drive is crazy, but it's a good deal. Sorry your wife doesn't support you. If she had the money from the start though she'd have 1 really **** old hair do and no cash to go again. Not much you can do if she chooses to hate the business. My wife loves the vending business and when I see a deal, even if it's for a few thousand she says "you should go do that! Road trip!!"

Good deal. Sucked the price jumped up, but even at 2500 I would've pulled the trigger immediately. If I even had just the brand and names of places at 1500 I'd buy them site unseen.

The locations make it a great deal--and I'm assuming she is throwing in the product in the machines--which I would value at least the toys at near their cost of replacement bringing down your price. The drive is crazy, but it's a good deal. Sorry your wife doesn't support you. If she had the money from the start though she'd have 1 really **** old hair do and no cash to go again. Not much you can do if she chooses to hate the business. My wife loves the vending business and when I see a deal, even if it's for a few thousand she says "you should go do that! Road trip!!"

I ended up borrowing my brother in-law's truck. There was 2 boxes of capsules with toys in them, a huge garbage bag of empty 2in? capsules. And a 1/2 box of bouncy balls.

2 boxes of double bubble gumballs, a boat load of skittles. with the skittles all stacked together on a bathroom scale, it totaled 21lbs. a case of opened runts about 1/2 full.

As for the Mrs. Maybe I should spend a little of what I make. Since I started my full line, only time money was spent was for product. I originally wanted to reinvest 100% of the profits to expand. Maybe if I "share the wealth" some, she will be happier.

If the locations have candy in them I would order cap wheels and replace them right away and all at .50 and be sure your at .75 or 1.00 on top. Depending on how old the racks are you may need to replace the bottom plastic globes. The bottom gets scratched up much faster than the top. You can get them at A&A for 8.00 Now on to these locations. They all sound great. But you need to look into the one year deal right away and get it extended to 5 years at a min. A one year deal is uncommon in vending its mostly 3,5 or 10 years. Get with the owner or DM and get it extended at the 30% if you can.

Ninn, You got a great deal!!!. You have a very good if not great chance of collecting $2500.00 your first month, and I hope you do. Also about the wife maybe its time to start making regular "payments" to her on a monthly or weekly basis, as I have been in your shoes . The women just don't get it until they see money rolling onto their fingers.

Does you all's wives wear the pants in your families?shocked.gif Just kidding!!! I'm curious. Are your wives listed as partners in your business, or co-owner's?

Archived