How patient do I have to be with this

This is regarding Kickstart. Ive ordered and received my first machine from them before this order in question. In fact he got the location faster than my machine was delivered to me from Alco-Buddy, so that was good (even though after 2 pulls the location is mediocre at best but thats a different matter). So now this is my second breathalyzer location bought from them. See the below emails. Theres no calling Kickstart as the 800 number is just a voicemail box. Im paying a lot of money for this and although Im new to vending in general I wanted to know if this is what is to be expected on a regular basis or what? Rob if you are here feel free to chime in or even call(!) me. I dont like airing this sort of thing out on a public forum like this but just need some feedback. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:13 PM

Rob,

I want to have a long mutually beneficial relationship and I am paying a lot of money for this so please keep the lines of communication open. I will be ordering many more breathalyzer locations as long as I know you are delivering. Thanks!

On Jul 12, 2011, at 4:24 PM, Robert N Patterson <robertnpatterson@gmail.com> wrote:

Dave,

Hey partner! My apologies for the delay in getting that out to you. We are working on it as we speak. Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Dave wrote:

Rob,

Do you think I can get that location sometime soon? Thanks!

--- On Thu, 7/7/11, Robert N Patterson <robertnpatterson@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Dave

To: "David

Date: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 3:07 PM

David,

Hey partner! We're working on a new one for you as we speak. Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Dave wrote:

Rob,

Whats the word for the new location? Thanks!

On Jun 30, 2011, at 10:22 AM, Robert N Patterson <robertnpatterson@gmail.com> wrote:

David,

Thanks for the update partner! Will do. Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Dave wrote:

Hi Rob,

The situation with Phoenix location is they are remodeling heavily and will be closed until early September per the owner. I was not going to try to place my machine with all the construction taking place and did not want to risk anything happening to it. Please get me another location. Thanks appreciate it!

--- On Fri, 6/24/11, Robert N Patterson <robertnpatterson@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Dave

To: "David

Date: Friday, June 24, 2011, 4:09 PM

David,

Hey partner! We're working on it as we speak. Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

http://www.kickstartlocations.com/alco/

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM, David wrote:

Hi Rob,

Any word on the breathalyzer location? Thanks!

On Jun 16, 2011, at 10:37 PM, Robert N Patterson <robertnpatterson@gmail.com> wrote:

David,

Sounds great partner! We'll be working on it!

Regards,

Rob

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Dave wrote:

Rob,

I just ordered another alco-machine location. Same as before, 78701 zip, commission at 25% only. Thanks!

Most people who know me on here know I'm not a big fan of KSL.

Yet, I don't think I'm out of line in saying that Rob/KSL seem to be doing OK by you for the most part.

Unless I'm reading your email dates incorrectly...

Seems he got you your first location around two weeks after your initial 6/16 email.

Unfortunately, the location was under construction and didn't work for you.

That's something neither you nor he could have foreseen.

Now, it's been approx 2 weeks since you let him know about that location's remodeling issues.

If he's getting you the location within the next week or so, I don't see the problem.

Sure, his emails seem a little scripted and I can see where that would frustrate some customers into believing the replies are dishonest.

But the performance of his staff seems pretty good for a breathalyzer.

Those things can not be easy to locate.

Regardless of what you are paying, one location every 2 weeks is about KSL's average performance for bulk locations (my personal experience)...so if he can almost match that while finding you breathalyzer locations, he's doing fine IMO.

Most decision makers at bars are in late afternoon and at night. Might make it harder to locate. Not sure when Rob's people are making calls.

Yes, check with Rob to make sure that the fine folks he uses over in India know what time to call the States.

I noticed that you are doing breathalizers on commission. maybe It's standard for KSL to do them with commission. But my experience with KSL is that they will only do charity. I tried to get them to do commission but it seemed like they never heard me when I asked.

KSL told me their breathalyzer locs are standard commission of 25%.

Interesting.

Rob always stated KSL didn't do commission.

I had assumed this was a Charity locating job for KSL (since I didn't know KSL did commission), now I really think they're doing OK by you.

Breathalyzers can not be easy to locate, for one.

Secondly, locating ANY vending machine for COMMISSION by phone is hard to do.

You may need to get an in-person locator for future breathalyzer locations....whether it's you or someone you pay.

It will take forever to build a route of these machines for COMMISSION if only using locators who locate by phone.

Sounds like he's doing a reasonable job. Would you PM me with more information about those machines? How much you pay for them, how much they average in sales, profit margin (you provide a straw?). I've been considering buying a few since I live in a VERY heavy drinking town.

• 2 months later...

Archived