Increasing Profit

Hillbilly

On my last service cycle I made 2 changes to a Hair/Nail Salon that I have.

One machine (Oak Vista) was having coin jams all the time so I put in a new PM Supreme that I had. There was a 2 for .25 gumball wheel in it and I didn't have one for the A&A Supreme so I told them I would change it out later. I also changed out PMM for Runts in another machine to lower my COG a little bit.

I serviced it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The Runts were not as low as I had hoped. But when I opened up the gumball machine it had about twice as many quarters as normally. The toy machine was about the same. Zero complaints about only getting 1 gumball now.

I think what has happened is that most of the people who had been getting the PMM are now opting for a gumball instead of the Runts. So my candy machine (due to the COG change) is making about the same profit, and the gumball machine is making me twice as much.

I only have 4 heads left with PMM. Now if I can just get them changed I will be done with PMM. Sometimes change is good.grin.gif

Good for you.

I'm in the process of phasing out as much of my candy selections as possible too.

I will be limiting most of my candy locations to only Runts and/or GB.

If I could, I wouldn't do any edibles...but some of my real good locations are not good toy/flat spots.

That's right Sherlock. I'm right there with you. One by one, my candy is going away. The ones I do keep will end up being a hard candy. No more chocolate or peanut butter items for me. Only gumballs and toys from now on.

Archived