Cardinal "Handling Charge"

Profits

Went to the Cardinal site tonight looking to order some acrylic rings. Somewhat startled by the apparent handling charge they're trying to impose on each order.

handling.PNG

handling_2.PNG

handling_3.PNG

Does anyone else find this annoying?

I call my orders in and talk to Mike. Shipping is always reasonable. Around $3 per bag for the 1".

I have only ordered online once. It took a few more days to receive the stuff. (Like maybe they don't check it every day). They did adjust the shipping charges though.

I call my orders in and talk to Mike. Shipping is always reasonable. Around $3 per bag for the 1".

I have only ordered online once. It took a few more days to receive the stuff. (Like maybe they don't check it every day). They did adjust the shipping charges though.

I order from cardinal occasionally. Mainly because brand needs a larger product line. Brand was terrible a year or two back, but now provides the best possible service and very competitive pricing. I value my supplier having their **** in stock (that's a slam on A&A). I just always test my orders on cardinal to make sure I have enough things that price per unit is coming down, but it still seems fairly high. I like that I can order online, but I'm disappointed they run a considerable distribution company and somehow TVF dominates them on design. Is it just me, or should they have just paid someone who knew what they were doing to make the website?

I'd like to hear their explanation of why it should cost me $47 to ship a single bag of 1" product. Personally I'm so turned off by them now I may not even call them on Monday to place an order by phone. Is it really necessary?

I understand covering costs... but Cardinal is making a large margin on the product. Shipping costs around $10 for this. And they want an extra $37 for stuffing their high-margin crap in a box for me.

I'd really like to hear from them why this is necessary.

ok im new here so id like to comment i dont mind cardinal ordered from them before didnt pay that much for shipping but i stopped going to them and started going to A&A product is much nicer and i think the quality is better u can slam A&A all u want but when u do the volume they do not everything is going to be in stock all the time so if they are out of stock it does not take them to long to get the item in i cant say anything about there shipping because i go and pick everything up in person thanks listening hope to post more comments in the future

All i see is a shipping charge that looks to be an error. I have never gotten a handling charge from Cardinal. As far as the web site being poorly done cardinal has always been very basic and behind the times. Just as any one who has visited Cardinal then went on to visit A&A. Its like night and day. Cardinal is very old and non updated. But as far as im concerned i really do not care about all that. All I car about is what sells.

Looks like a software "glitch" or a lack of initiative by a lazy web programmer. The shipping calculation seems to be a challenge for some companies for what ever reason. I know that Rhode Island Novelty's online order system has no shipping charge feature. They simply "get back with you later" on that minor issue!

Yes the shipping calculations suck. When I used to order from A&A, I was never quoted shipping. I usually found out what it cost when I looked at my bank statement.

I agree with jax, this is probably a glitch in the ordering system. They may have shipping set to calculate on a per item basis and the system "sees" 250 "items" in each bag.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

You know Amazon, Zappos, Dell, Apple, or [fill in the blank major company] never have this problem when it comes to estimated shipping cost. Even as a complete amateur I was able to integrate a shopping cart with the UPS and Fedex API that allowed me to give 100% accurate shipping quotes. Have they never heard of this? It's been around for oh... the past 10 years. More than that... actually.

You know Amazon, Zappos, Dell, Apple, or [fill in the blank major company] never have this problem when it comes to estimated shipping cost. Even as a complete amateur I was able to integrate a shopping cart with the UPS and Fedex API that allowed me to give 100% accurate shipping quotes. Have they never heard of this? It's been around for oh... the past 10 years. More than that... actually.

I'm with you profits. It is a simple task to accomplish.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

The larger companies can invest more in IT infrastructure and can usually afford to pay the higher salaries for the more talented IT people. I suspect that our bulk suppliers have a smaller budget for IT and simply can't afford to pay the higher salaries for the more talented programmers. There has always been and always will be a huge talent gap in IT, much like NFL quarterbacks. Only so many good ones to go around and companies have to shell out big money to get them. Just another NFL analogy for ya there SteveO!

Archived