compressor tripping breaker?

dogcow

hey all, i just got a refurb cooling deck in a machine about 2wks ago (you might remember my thread on it :( ) and i showed up today and some guys complained the drinks werent as cold as they used to be. well the machine wasnt even on! I ask around and the shop mgr says the machine had been tripping the breaker since the new cooling deck was put in. Now its been there about 9 years and never had problems before. Its in the same outlet, nothing else plugged in but the machine any ideas ? I am guessing the drinks werent very cold because the machine keeps tripping the breaker

hey all, i just got a refurb cooling deck in a machine about 2wks ago (you might remember my thread on it :( ) and i showed up today and some guys complained the drinks werent as cold as they used to be. well the machine wasnt even on! I ask around and the shop mgr says the machine had been tripping the breaker since the new cooling deck was put in. Now its been there about 9 years and never had problems before. Its in the same outlet, nothing else plugged in but the machine any ideas ? I am guessing the drinks werent very cold because the machine keeps tripping the breaker

Could be either the compressor or the starter. Do you know if these items were replaced during the "refurb" or was this deck simply "recharged" with refrigerant?

Could be either the compressor or the starter. Do you know if these items were replaced during the "refurb" or was this deck simply "recharged" with refrigerant?

good question, ill check with the guy i got it from

Hopefully he will warranty it for you.

i kinda doubt it cause he gave it to me cheap however we only installed it cause the old one didnt have a valve and was low on gas he took it in trade. hopefully he has installed a valve on my old one and will be willing to just swap it back to me.

i kinda doubt it cause he gave it to me cheap however we only installed it cause the old one didnt have a valve and was low on gas he took it in trade. hopefully he has installed a valve on my old one and will be willing to just swap it back to me.

Last year I had a machine that started doing that. After I got the deck out and back to a refrigeration guy he noticed a frayed wire and determined the fan blade had rubbed through the insulation. Could you have moved a wire during the installation of the deck?

Last year I had a machine that started doing that. After I got the deck out and back to a refrigeration guy he noticed a frayed wire and determined the fan blade had rubbed through the insulation. Could you have moved a wire during the installation of the deck?

good point ! ill check that tomorrow

Archived