Done with cardinal

lurtsman

I really liked being able to order off their website. My last order they sent the wrong items. I called them, had to explain the problem to 3 different people, was told I'd get a call back in 3 minutes--it took 29 (checked call history). They are now sending the right item and having me return the wrong items in the boxes that come with the correct stuff. They told me not to worry about any shipping charges because they would take care of it--I should think so. I even offered to buy the wrong stuff if they'd sell it at a discount so they didn't have to deal with it. On top of it all, I got my finger cut on a shard of glass that was in the packaging when I was opening it. It wasn't until the end of the second phone call that someone there thought to apologize for their mistake. I checked my records--it was them. End result? I waste time telling them, talking to them again, and then repackaging crap for them. For my extra work, I receive nothing. Thanks but no thanks. Get it done right or make it up to me. The objective here shouldn't have been to keep costs down--but to retain me as a customer. They have ONE product that I can't get elsewhere for a very similar price. I plan to swap it out. This sucks for them because I was unimpressed with A&A and looking for more places to get those extra items. Most of my business already goes to brand, and if they had the ability to sell me the other products, I'd send it all there. Brand went from worst to first over the last 18 months. I may call cardinal again at some point and try to get the manager on the phone so they know why it is I won't be ordering from them.

lately all Ive heard you do is complain about vendors,what more do you expect if they are willing to give you a credit for merchandise and shipping? I have had problems in the past but cardinal has always come thru for me and for the most part so has a&a. I have never bought from brand so I dont know what their customer service is like, but I can assure you I wont be threatening on this board to never buy from them again, as much as I dont like it, I need them way more than they need me.

maybe they read your post about stealing another mans business and thought you were a lowlife and dont deserve an apology!

I really liked being able to order off their website. My last order they sent the wrong items. I called them, had to explain the problem to 3 different people, was told I'd get a call back in 3 minutes--it took 29 (checked call history). They are now sending the right item and having me return the wrong items in the boxes that come with the correct stuff. They told me not to worry about any shipping charges because they would take care of it--I should think so. I even offered to buy the wrong stuff if they'd sell it at a discount so they didn't have to deal with it. On top of it all, I got my finger cut on a shard of glass that was in the packaging when I was opening it. It wasn't until the end of the second phone call that someone there thought to apologize for their mistake. I checked my records--it was them. End result? I waste time telling them, talking to them again, and then repackaging crap for them. For my extra work, I receive nothing. Thanks but no thanks. Get it done right or make it up to me. The objective here shouldn't have been to keep costs down--but to retain me as a customer. They have ONE product that I can't get elsewhere for a very similar price. I plan to swap it out. This sucks for them because I was unimpressed with A&A and looking for more places to get those extra items. Most of my business already goes to brand, and if they had the ability to sell me the other products, I'd send it all there. Brand went from worst to first over the last 18 months. I may call cardinal again at some point and try to get the manager on the phone so they know why it is I won't be ordering from them.

All you need to do is call Mike and he will make it up to you. He has always taken care of me when they made a mistake. He will throw in a box of product or displays or something.

I may talk to him Hav. If I do I'll certainly let him know you spoke highly of him.

will.vend .... what are you talking about? Stealing another man's business? What? Seriously I do not know which post you are talking about.

What do you mean give me a credit for shipping and merchandise? They didn't credit my account for ANYTHING. If they had, that would've been great customer service and I certainly wouldn't complain. Have I been annoyed with suppliers lately? I sure have, it's annoying having to reshuffle my business around what they can and can't keep in stock. I hardly ever have a machine get empty. Maybe 5-6 times in a year I'll have a single head (out of 300ish) go empty for 1-2 weeks. That's the kind of service I'd like to receive.

he is referring to when you jokingly said you would get a job as a route driver and steal your employes stops while on the clock.

I have to agree with all of you. I wouldn't want to be a supplier. It's hard enough to have the right inventory for my route each month never mind having containers of product to try to sell. I don't know how they don't get stuck with product. I complain to my vending friends about most suppliers because their service is horrible but what can you do? We need to buy from the big suppliers in order to get the best prices available. So, you try to get along with them and hope they take care of you in turn.

Gary

he is referring to when you jokingly said you would get a job as a route driver and steal your employes stops while on the clock.

O. I assumed everyone knew I was joking... Thanks for figuring that out for me Antonio, would've driven me crazy.

Archived