DN 501T problems

dogcow

I have a 501T in storage that im finally getting around to fixing either to place it or sell it.

it has a few issues i think may be related. The t-handle is sort of broken. It locks but doesnt screw down, it just pushes straight in.

Additionally the machine when i bought it had milk jug instead of an evap tray, i replaced the tray and quickly discovered why the milk jug was there. The tray gets overflowed.

Now my thinking is because the T-handle doesnt screw down that the door isnt getting sealed very well and this is causing the excess water to build up

is this a reasonable theory or the two problems not related? Any idea what I need to fix the t-handle?

When you are screwing in the t-handle is it being pulled in as you screw it in? Or is it turning, grabbing and stopping? The former is a c-clip issue the latter a thread issue.

And as mission says, they are more likely related then not.

ok looking closer at i am not sure if the t-handle is actually broken. has anyone seen a t-handle that doesnt screw down? i looked closer at the thing it goes into and i cant see how it would screw into it. i never looked that close at that part of the machine to know

if looks normal or not. heres some pics of the t-handle and the recepticle

103hi82.jpg

2ed41zb.jpg

35243fl.jpg

When you are screwing in the t-handle is it being pulled in as you screw it in? Or is it turning, grabbing and stopping? The former is a c-clip issue the latter a thread issue.

And as mission says, they are more likely related then not.

it doesnt screw in it just turns...to close the machine you just push it directly in

it doesnt seem to grab at all as you turn it it just turns in your hand. ive posted some pics maybe they help

are all the assemblies the same?

That is a quick slam assembly handle. The nut, I can't tell if it is the correct one. The way this is supposed to work is the handle is a quarter turn quick release. You should hear the nut ratchet when closing the door but it should be secure. Almost the same as a Vendo soda or a USI snack does. Now a days.

Wow, my typing is even worse with that damn Ipad.

Only you can be the judge if the door is closing properly. I can't for the life of me remember how that operates. Once you close the door can you tighten it more by screwing the thandle?

Other then the door you will need to look at:

Gaskets: make sure they are clean and not ripped

Delivery door: make sure it is there and closing properly

Drain hose: I like to see w loop in the hose to create a water barrier

Temperature setting: too cold is not good. It will freeze and the defrost in a viscious cycle

Wow, my typing is even worse with that damn Ipad.

Only you can be the judge if the door is closing properly. I can't for the life of me remember how that operates. Once you close the door can you tighten it more by screwing the thandle?

Other then the door you will need to look at:

Gaskets: make sure they are clean and not ripped

Delivery door: make sure it is there and closing properly

Drain hose: I like to see w loop in the hose to create a water barrier

Temperature setting: too cold is not good. It will freeze and the defrost in a viscious cycle

no once the door is closed it doesnt tighten any further. the handle slides straight in and locks

ill check the rest of that. the drain hose has no loop cause it was stuck in a milk jug, thermostat was on 2 1/2

no once the door is closed it doesnt tighten any further. the handle slides straight in and locks

Do you lock the thandle in the machine before closing the door? I would think that the thandle would flex out before going into the locking nut if it wasn't locked before closing. Does the door seem snug once closed?

Do you lock the thandle in the machine before closing the door? I would think that the thandle would flex out before going into the locking nut if it wasn't locked before closing. Does the door seem snug once closed?

the handle does not flex out when door is closed it takes about 1/2 turn to "lock" the handle the door is secure but feels like it could be screwed down more.... bill do you sell a replacement t-handle kit ? i could not find one online that came with the nut, even Happ Controls didnt have it.

Additionally i looked at the drain hose, i am no 100% sure what you mean by a loop in it but it didnt have anything like that it was only a 1ft long i tried to tie a loop in it (like a knot i assume?) but there wasnt enough hose for that

Can you post or email me some more pictures of the cage and nut assembly? And if you have the serial number and complete model number that may help too.

model - DNCB501T/MPC8

serial - 1303 - 3232BP

I'll try posting some additional images later

That what I was thinking initially. It has been so long since I have seen that setup that I couldn't remember. Give what sideshot suggests and let us know what happens. He has probably seen more of these then I have.

That what I was thinking initially. It has been so long since I have seen that setup that I couldn't remember. Give what sideshot suggests and let us know what happens. He has probably seen more of these then I have.

do you know offhand how long it might take to get an idea if its working right? its in storage right now. i can plug it in but i cant just leave it plugged in for a few days.

Moisture will depend on humidity levels. If it is a humid day it will happen faster then on a dry day. Reading back through your post it looks like we keyed in your question and maybe not the whole problem..When you changed the milk jug for the drain pan did you get the sponges that belong in the pan and did you put the pan in the stock position. The sponges absorb some of the water and give more surface area for the condenser fan to evaporate. .Even if we do get you a different t handle there is always a possibility this machine willow be a leaker. While unusual it is possible that everything looks great but the damn thing will still leak. This is where a heated drain pan would come into play..http://store.technivend.com/heated-drain-pan.html

Moisture will depend on humidity levels. If it is a humid day it will happen faster then on a dry day. Reading back through your post it looks like we keyed in your question and maybe not the whole problem..When you changed the milk jug for the drain pan did you get the sponges that belong in the pan and did you put the pan in the stock position. The sponges absorb some of the water and give more surface area for the condenser fan to evaporate. .Even if we do get you a different t handle there is always a possibility this machine willow be a leaker. While unusual it is possible that everything looks great but the damn thing will still leak. This is where a heated drain pan would come into play..http://store.technivend.com/heated-drain-pan.html

outside in august in florida? yeah humidity will be high LOL

ill give it a shot ... i dont know about the heated pan because i'd have to wire it in. its probably not worth the time and effort for such an old machine.

thanks!

Archived