Retirement home? Good location for soda machine?

I'm currently using a locator to find placement for a snack and soda machine. Today he gave me a lead on a retirement home.

Does anybody have any experience with this? I can't imagine old people would be drinking too much soda?

I'm currently using a locator to find placement for a snack and soda machine. Today he gave me a lead on a retirement home.

Does anybody have any experience with this? I can't imagine old people would be drinking too much soda?

how many on staff?

Its not the old farts, its the employees and if the people that come to see them can get to the machines. ;D

how many on staff?

I'm not sure that's a question I can ask them tomorrow. How many would you say makes it worth it?

Its not the old farts, its the employees and if the people that come to see them can get to the machines. ;D

I suppose there are a decent amount of visitors, so you're saying if its in a good spot at the main entrance it could do well?

Let me say this, it can be a BIGGG spread with these types of accounts. Like DC and Mission said you need more information, mostly how many employees, comission, pricing, locations of machines, etc. How many beds is a good thing to know also. Is it a full blown Nursing Home or an Assisted living, or retirment apartments. Big differences in all of them and the way they produce vending income. I have/had nursing homes that produce 30k plus gross revenue a year. I also have/had assisted living locations that did less than $80 a week in both drink and snack machine.

Hard to give you exacts without knowing all the facts. If it is a true nursing home with 100 plus employees then yes it will do great. If it is an assisited living facility with 25 employees, not so much. If it is a retirment apartments than it is not worth doing at all.

Hope this helps....

Let me say this, it can be a BIGGG spread with these types of accounts. Like DC and Mission said you need more information, mostly how many employees, comission, pricing, locations of machines, etc. How many beds is a good thing to know also. Is it a full blown Nursing Home or an Assisted living, or retirment apartments. Big differences in all of them and the way they produce vending income. I have/had nursing homes that produce 30k plus gross revenue a year. I also have/had assisted living locations that did less than $80 a week in both drink and snack machine.

Hard to give you exacts without knowing all the facts. If it is a true nursing home with 100 plus employees then yes it will do great. If it is an assisited living facility with 25 employees, not so much. If it is a retirment apartments than it is not worth doing at all.

Hope this helps....

Thanks, ironically this is actually the place I had my first job about 11 years ago so I know more about the location than the average person LOL!

There is around 20 employees total, around 200 total residents. This is an assisted living facility.

So from what you're saying it sounds like it would be a relatively low income. This is what I was thinking too.

id pass, seen some places here that are like that, current vendor doesnt even have working equipment in there...so obviously not making any money. 20 people is around the minimum

Yeppers!!! I just notified an account just like that I would be pulling equpiment because of the low sales numbers. Aint this forum great we saved you the headaches... :lol:

So this place has a total of 13 employees, about 10 guests per day and 102 units. I was thinking of putting a $100 antares machine in there, is it even worth my time?

I hope you are joking..... :o

I hope you are joking..... :o

Never hurts to ask - I saw a craigslist ad for 4 antares machines, the guy wants $100 each - just thought maybe I could put that in there and stop in every 30-45 days to collect and refill?

Just not a great idea? Please explain more, I'm only about 10 weeks into vending :)

HI,

I have done snack for awhile but sodas only recently BUT I think vendcobros was asking if you were serious about using the machines because Antares machines seem to have a bad rep....you can do a search and see more.

I am new to sodas (3 total and only 1 placed thus far) and in my research it is probably best to stick w/ Dixie Narco or Vendo or (there was a third but I cant think of the name) BUT it is ++ NOT ++ Antares.

Hope this helps you,

Andrew

PS - Oh I forgot to add....personally, I would try the site....Just not with the machine you mentioned

A bit of both for sure - my business partner and I have decided to completely pass on this location.

I'll let you guys know when the next lead comes in and see what you think, then I'll post location stats for everybody once we finally decide to place the machines.

So this place has a total of 13 employees, about 10 guests per day and 102 units. I was thinking of putting a $100 antares machine in there, is it even worth my time?

I'd put a small dixie or vendo in there,you never know what will happen.You can always pull it and move it to another location.I have an assisted living facility that does 60-75 weekly and its in between 2 stops so its not a problem stopping when I pass by.

John

no i would not do this location i would not use antares equipment. i would not pay a commission to a locator for this location its a losing proposition you will never earn

back that money.

Never hurts to ask - I saw a craigslist ad for 4 antares machines, the guy wants $100 each - just thought maybe I could put that in there and stop in every 30-45 days to collect and refill?

Just not a great idea? Please explain more, I'm only about 10 weeks into vending :)

at that low service cycle you would have a major issue with stales , you can get away with 30+ day cycle on drink machines if they are low volume but not snack

First of all the antares stuff is pretty much junk. Secondly as dogcow mentions with that kind of service cycle, out of dates will become an issue. The more out of dates the people that are there wind up buying the less they will buy and the less you will come to service. Its a vicious cycle that is hard to break.

Finally there is a cost to you to service the machine, gas, insurance, wear and tear, your time, taxes, and other overhead expenses. If your plan is to build a business and not just to make a little on the side you need to look at these factors (as well as ROI and profit) when evaluating a potential location.

Always remember my moto I live by in business.

"If it dosent make dollars it dosent make sense"

Like Mission said you have to factor in everything and after factoring in everything does it make dollars and sense? Are you wanting to own a serious, professional vending company or just something to pick up a few bucks for beer, gas, cigs, hobby, wife, vacation, etc or whatever you would like a little extra cash for. If it is the latter then by all means buy the Planet Antsorry machines and give it a whirl.... ;D

Archived