bill recycler's worth it?

http://www.vendingmarketwatch.com/news/10318208/bill-recyclers-increase-vending-sales-meis-chuck-reed-tells-southeastern-vending-association-convention

link is to an article defending why bill recycler's make your machines more profitable... would you rather use these or fight your bank for dollar coins

I think recylers have their place in certain accounts and would bump profits to a certain degree.

Why fight with your bank for golden dollars? Order them direct from the US Mint for face value with free shipping. If you charge them on a credit card that give you miles then you are getting free miles. Winner, winner, chicken dinner..... ;D

omg rjt you are brilliant!!! can i do it online or is there a number that I need to call

just read that you cant purchase them with credit cards anymore because of what you said about frequent flyer miles lol

"The Mint has determined that this policy change is prudent due to ongoing activity by individuals purchasing $1 coins with credit cards, accumulating frequent flyer miles, and then returning coins to local banks. Local banks, in turn, returned coins to the Federal Reserve. While not illegal, this activity was a clear abuse and misuse of the program."

I think recylers have their place in certain accounts and would bump profits to a certain degree.

I agree. Probably will add them to the next couple of glassfronts I will buy and see how it goes. You can also get some of the same benefits by adding debit/credit acceptance. The only real diff IMO between recyclers and debit is that the debit has ongoing processing costs and once you pay for the recycler you get to keep the extra profits.

I agree. Probably will add them to the next couple of glassfronts I will buy and see how it goes. You can also get some of the same benefits by adding debit/credit acceptance. The only real diff IMO between recyclers and debit is that the debit has ongoing processing costs and once you pay for the recycler you get to keep the extra profits.

bill recyclers dont tattle on you to the IRS ;)

Ok guys.. I have to admit I don't understand - what exactly is a bill recycler? Just a validator that accepts higher than $1 bills?

it dispenses cash change instead of coins.

so you end up with the higher denomination bills and the lower denomination bills

are recycled back to the customers as change

it dispenses cash change instead of coins.

so you end up with the higher denomination bills and the lower denomination bills

are recycled back to the customers as change

The recycler returns ones or fives depending on the setting in the recycler

dogcow it sounds like you are having a Yogi Berra moment.

"it dispenses cash change instead of coins" ;D ;D

omg rjt you are brilliant!!! can i do it online or is there a number that I need to call

just read that you cant purchase them with credit cards anymore because of what you said about frequent flyer miles lol

"The Mint has determined that this policy change is prudent due to ongoing activity by individuals purchasing $1 coins with credit cards, accumulating frequent flyer miles, and then returning coins to local banks. Local banks, in turn, returned coins to the Federal Reserve. While not illegal, this activity was a clear abuse and misuse of the program."

You still can buy the Golden Dollars direct from the mint at face value with free shipping thru money order or wire transfer.

Archived