Locator Reviews

caserri

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just purchased my first two machines(u-turn 8 heads). Now I thought I have fun and just go out and physically locate them myself. DO some investigative research but with all this talk of locator's it just makes it all seem to easy. One thing I noticed is each machine wont make you rich and with such minimal profit average per machine it seems risky to use a locator.  Can I get some real time impute and intelligent response on the matter?

Question 1) what do they know that I cant find out myself that allows them to locate a machine so quickly?

Question 2) If I wanted to play the part how could I gain all the information I need to find spots for machines quickly?(business addresses,phone numbers, whom I would ask to speak with etc..)

David

2 vending machines(on the way)  soon to be placed by me or a locator

Question 1) what do they know that I cant find out myself that allows them to locate a machine so quickly?

Question 2) If I wanted to play the part how could I gain all the information I need to find spots for machines quickly?(business addresses,phone numbers, whom I would ask to speak with etc..)

David

2 vending machines(on the way)  soon to be placed by me or a locator

Question 1. answer:  

They have several people working for them.  

Self locating consists of "David, yourself, and you.

Most of the locators out there have been in the business for awhile.  Most of them running routes of their own at one time or another. So they know what to say and how to entice possible location owners.

And finally,  TIME....  Most vendors have full/part time day jobs and vending is a side hobby/job so there for they don't have 20-40+ hours Monday thru Friday to devote towards locating.   And if you/they already have a route on top of the day job,  that leaves you with even less time to locate.

Question 2. answer:

I am not being a smart alack, but basically grab a phone book and start calling.  Or, you would do "in person locating"  Walk in a place of business and give them a sales pitch.

Hope this helps and welcome to VENDiscuss!

I just purchased my first two machines(u-turn 8 heads). Now I thought I have fun and just go out and physically locate them myself. DO some investigative research but with all this talk of locator's it just makes it all seem to easy. One thing I noticed is each machine wont make you rich and with such minimal profit average per machine it seems risky to use a locator.  Can I get some real time impute and intelligent response on the matter?

David

2 vending machines(on the way)  soon to be placed by me or a locator

qustion 1...I'll give it to ya

question 2...I'll give it to ya

pm me ...or call me 832-883-4479

even with the info it is not an easy job...as you'll soon find out...but I will get you pointed in the right direction...it's not rocket science it is time and numbers game.

most of the vendors I give the script to make 3 calls and callme bk to finish the order LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

HI all!

I am brand new to the whole adventure, was really close to buying an existing route until I traveled to the location today and could not find any of the machines that were supposed to be there.

SOOOO, I am looking at the idea of buying a machine and using a locator. I am in the Albany NY area. I have other business aspects, but am headed ever so close to 40 with nothing for a retirement.

I understand all to well this is far from a get rich quick set up, and am OK with that. The route I was looking at would have recouped in under 7 months my investment, but as the adage says, if it seems to good to be true it probably is.

Anyhow, was hoping someone could recommend a good locator for my area.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

I have seen this back and forth. The locators that have done what they have promised are getting the good reviews. The ones that havent done what they promise have gone by the wayside at least in this forum. Many vendors (myself included) are starting out in this business. Ive watched and learned who the more experienced vendors use as a locator when they use one. If you have read all the reiviews of the different locators , you will see who is good and who isnt and got sent on there merry little way. But like Steve said, you dont know who is who. Sometimes its a learning experience the hard way. GOOD VENDING!

Guys we live and we learn or we go broke and go home. I have just found this forum and I am desperate to have ANY advanced info on locators. It has been an experience to date and I count my losses as tuition payments to learn the business so to everybody out there good luck and use a little common sense.

• 1 year later...

Good Morning All,

I pride myself on conducting good business. I have certain things that I expeect to provide in regards to the products or services available in the vending industry. What fustrates me is when companies or individuals do not provide what they promise. I will not make this post long- I will simply provide to you the letter I reveiced from Don Kimble of a company name DK Locating on May 31 2012:

"

Dear vendor,

Due to unforeseen circumstances we have been forced to close our doors. We also have had to reduce our staff considerably and unfortunately this will put a strain on our workload so we hope everyone will be patient until we complete all of our pending jobs. We appreciate all of you who have had the confidence in our ability and have chosen us for your locating services.

Please be patient until we complete your order. Some vendors had inquired about refunds and/or their guarantees of which we regret we will not be able to offer either. We will only continue with the orders that have already been started prior to today. As of this date we will no longer be accepting any request for replacements and all replacements requested prior to this date will be honored.

We appreciate your patience and we do understand your frustration, however, given the circumstances, this s the very best we can do.

Thank you for your understanding. "

Donald Kimball

The Facts/Matter at hand:

I hired Don Kimble of DK Locating on Feb. 28th 2012 to locate 10 Vendstar 3000's as well as a Gaines VM-750 combo drink/snack machine. I paid hime 50% of my total balalnce prior to him placing any of my machines. Mr. Kimble drove from Atlanta to Columbia where I met him with my twin brother to place my machines. The bulk candies were placed fine. We got to one location to place the combo machine where the owner of the business was to have me come back to handle all of the details later that afternoon. Mr. Kimble decided to drive back home as he thoiught this was a good location. It turns out that the location was not suitable- I contacted Mr. Kimble and he stated " he would take care of it" After me calling him numerous times he called me back and set an appointment for me to visit another location- prior to discussing it with me- of which I obviously wasn't available for the appointment. I had to reschedule the appointment which was a waste of time because the location was ona dead end street with 3 employees and no foot traffic ( An African Hair Braiding Shop). I called and emailed Mr. Kimble which too 2 weeks ot get a response from him in regards to a location for my machine. On May 22nd he sends me this email:

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:13 AM

Jasper, Please Confirm

although we have already found two approved locations that were not to your satisfaction, and although we do not give refunds on already started and active orders, we will continue you your order and will anticipate in gettting you a satisfactorly approved location by June 4th or we will give you a partial refund of 50% of the $250.00 of your paid fee.

However, when we get you an approved location by the stated date, a refusal of the location is not an option unless you can prove without a doubt that the location will not be satisfactory.

Also, I do need the Location Replacement form filled out for the two locations that were not approved by you. Here is the link. Location pacement

If you have any questions, please feel free to call 866-618-2513

Thank you, Donald H. Kimball

You can already gues my response to Mr. Kimball: who now has taken down his website, as well as disconnected his phone line. I attempted to contact him on the 4th of June with no response. As a friendly reminder... Do not elect to use the services of Mr. Don Kimball. If I am mistaken or wrong in my judgement, please reply to this posting. I have used location services in the past where upon a partial payment- they supplied 3 locations, of which for me to go and visit and talk with the owners. I would pick one of thise locations and either I or with a payment- the location serivces woould deliver my machine(s). If at a certian time ( both parties agreed upon) my machine is in need of relocating, 3 locations would be provided and I would start the same process over. Why this did not happen with myself and Mr. Kimble is besides me. Well it not besides me, he just didn't do his job, even though I paid him in full.

-Take Care all

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm starting to think that all of these postings are by locators and/or their companies. I have looked everywhere for Kick Start's corporate docs and :huh: This blog shold have these locating companies that toot their own horn give some kind of credentials. This forum should regulate or at least demand a commercial disclosure of some sort and follow up with at least an investigation to see if they are even legal. Hey steve the administrator, if you are serious about "a locator review" then do a "locator review" Start by going down the list at vending connections, get the address, corpoate credentials, how long they have been in business, and if the owners have had different companies with different names, with different addresses. I personally know of three companies that have been closed, new owner, fake name, fake address, .... that would be a review.

I can assure you that I am not a locator. I just started in this business and before I got started, I read every forum, thread and article I could about vending locators and heard some horrific stories about some of the scams out there. However, after doing much, much research. I can honestly say that Kickstartlocations has by far exceeded my expectations. I had them place 3 u-turn machines for me. I was expecting to take about 2 weeks to get them placed and they actually placed them in 2 days. I can't speak for any other locators, but I know I will never use anyone but these guys

I'm glad it worked out for you. Unfortunately, Rob and Kickstart have proven to be dishonest and unreliable. He has owed me a refund for quite some time now. I was a loyal customer. I have given him ample time and opportunities to make this right. He has refused. I wouldn't use his services if he was the only locator left.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Archived