First time trying locator

Pitstopped

I placed an order with Kickstart on 8/07/11, single head gumball.

On 8/09/11 they sent me a location to place my gumball machine, a busy pizza place in town.

I went to scout the place and found a nice 7 rack that included a gumball, a double that included gumball and a large spiral gumball machine located there.

All the machines where clean and well serviced.

I don't see how I could place a single gumball there. So, I explained to Kickstart why I turned it down. I haven't got anything from them since.

Question 1. do locators inquire about machines already in the location?

2. do you think they are upset I turned it down and are not working very hard for me now?

Question 1. do locators inquire about machines already in the location?

I doubt it.

Their job is to get into the target location.

Whether the location is a good location is up to you to decide.

All they want is a "yes" from whomever answered the phone.

The less time they have to spend on the phone with the location the better...from their perspective.

Question 2. do you think they are upset I turned it down and are not working very hard for me now?

I doubt it.

One could only wish that much individual attention was paid to your order.

Best of luck to you.

Well..... since they started looking for another location it went almost 2 weeks with no activity showing on my report pages. So I emailed saying, " My machine has been sitting here for 21/2 weeks, please find a single head gumball location now or refund my money. Thanks'" The next day there was activity on my report pages, but still no location.

If there was no activity on my report pages for 2 weeks, then the day after I emailed there was activity...... why wasn't there activity in those 2 weeks?

Is there such thing as a hard working, honest, GOOD, locator?

I know cold calling is a hard business..... but these companies say they can do it, and take your money to do it.

If I treated my locations with the procrastination I have seen from locators so far, I would lose the location.

I guess the locator shouldn't get mad when I don't use them for all my other machines.

The search goes on for a good locator, and I must find time to place machines till then.

Heres what Im learning about locators. They will find your locations when they are good and ready and theres nothing you can do about it because you have no recourse. You can either accept that or put up a big stink about it to them and risk ruffling the locators feathers so much that they either put you on the back burner or never find you a location altogether.

Is there a locator that will locate then take payment after placement?

If they do that, they either have to be hard working and legit.....or.....not make any money.

Run an ad in Craigs List if you want those terms. Maybe you can find someone in your local area to do the calls. Such as a work-at-home mom who needs some extra cash or a retired insurance salesman who is bored. Just a thought.

Not guilt, just thought the forum could use the entertainment

Entertainment???!!!

How dare you??!!

Be careful, you may offend someone!!!

Classic! Love that line!

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

Maybe that line could start a new forum category, just like Golpher did!!!

Well, it has been over three weeks with no location from KickStart, so I asked for a refund. He promptly refunded my payment.

I guess the dream of getting machines located by a service are just that, dreams.

I will have to make time to locate machines myself.

Melanie sent me her locators agreement, they provide one location up front with payment after machine placement......... then the rest after the first one must be paid up front. So.... I am sure they will work hard on the first location, then who knows.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE START A GREAT LOCATING BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Well, it has been over three weeks with no location from KickStart, so I asked for a refund. He promptly refunded my payment.

I guess the dream of getting machines located by a service are just that, dreams.

I will have to make time to locate machines myself.

Melanie sent me her locators agreement, they provide one location up front with payment after machine placement......... then the rest after the first one must be paid up front. So.... I am sure they will work hard on the first location, then who knows.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE START A GREAT LOCATING BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

I've always had good results with Kickstart I'm surprised it didn't work out, did Rob give you a reason why they could not find a location? Good luck with Melanie!

PS Don't become a "gossip mouth" by posting your results with her :-*

I am not going with Melanie. I talked to Shawn there earlier today. Their business is being professional on the phone and I could barely understand most of what he said. I had to ask him to repeat himself several times. Also, they stress paying after they locate for you, but that is only the first location, then you pay up front for any locations after that.

I didn't ever get anything out of Rob. It just seemed like he didn't have time to work on my order. Or maybe I rubbed him the wrong way, not sure because he didn't tell me anything about how my locating was going.

Archived