Melanie's Locating Service unhappy with TVF!

caserri

Here is an email I received from Melanie of Melanie's locating service. It seems they have received a negative review on the forum and she is trying to bully me a bit.

Good luck Melanie! tongue.gif

Hello,

Iam Contacting you because you do not have control of your vending forum you allow your members to slander peoples business with out getting the other persons view.....My name is Melanie and i have seen my name put on your gossip discuss placed by one of your members that I have worked with but he was not able to place not do to me but things just happen..... and now he wants to use your gossip discuss to block any one from wanted to use me....Let me tell you Iam not a scammer I get the job done and I dont ask for any money DOWN!!...His user name is mainor5251....Does he work for you and kick start??

If you are going to allow gossip slander of a honest locator then shame on you.....Your blog is very disappointing to me...I have heard of all the stories of how much your blog have ruined companies.....I am honest and to allow this is just down right wrong.....you should have it were you in from people of the slander you allow....so at lest I could defend my self.....I make money providing locations to vendors....and now your gossip forum is taking money and food out of the mouths of my children.....How dare you and your members....set up and try to block vendors from working with me!!!!

I will be looking further into what are my rights on this matter!!!!!

--

Melanie S.

www.melanieslocating.webs.com

And here was my response...

Hi Melanie,

Let me give you a little lesson on how free speech and freedom of expression works on my forum. Everyone is invited to share their experiences with any company. That includes your right to join the discussion and offer a rebuttal. Don't email me and accuse me of running a slanderous forum when you have chosen not to participate and defend your business.

Everyone on my forum is entitled to post about their specific experiences with different locators. It is not slander if they are telling the truth. The absence of your rebuttal, and your poorly written email, leads me to believe that what my members report about your business is true.

Please, by all means, go and investigate what you can do about my so called "slanderous" forum but I will save you some time and tell you right here and now that there is nothing you can do to curb the free expressions on my forum. I've been served "cease and desist" orders in the past but nothing has been or will be removed without my consent. In fact, here is a recent case that was dismissed...

"The First Amendment guarantees the right not only to speak freely but to speak anonymously and these protections apply to speech on the Internet," Bergen County, N.J., Superior Court Judge Mark M. Russello wrote in his Dec. 21 decision that quashed the subpoena against the anonymous posters, including those who did not have attorneys.

Russello also dismissed Stephen Moldow, the operator of the Web site, from the defamation lawsuit filed by four public officials -- Emerson Council members Vincent Donato and Gina Calogero; Republican Municipal Chairman Lawrence Campagna; and Eric Obernauer, a candidate for public office.

pixel.png?p=chrome&v=2.7.2.0&t=1313959188736&u=49abe7970c4ca423

As far as I'm concerned, I have not seen any hateful or vengeful remarks from any of my members concerning your company. Until that happens, I would suggest you spend more time improving your company's image and less time harassing me.

Regards,

Steven Caserri

The VENDiscuss Forums

Here is her latest response...

I sent to an email not a harassing email.....and why would you assume I need to improve my company? Why would you say that?...Because what your member blog about me??....so you assume hes right and that he is telling the truth on your forum?

I dont need to improve any thing......Freedom of speech...how about freedom of lairs.

I dont have time to battle back and forth with your gossip blog......life is too stressful enough I dont need gossipers.

No i would not give your gossipers the privilege...... have seen things get nasty on your forum before not professional...

NO THANKS!

P.S any thing else that you seen to me will be block so dont bother

Mel

Wow. According to Mel, you guys are the most hated group of vendors in the world. You have a reputation of ruining companies! shocked.gif

Here is her latest response...

Wow. According to Mel, you guys are the most hated group of vendors in the world. You have a reputation of ruining companies! shocked.gif

Does she realize that just about anybody who is interested in vending and has the internet has been to this website......

If she would just join in on the forums and make an attempt at talking to the community it might just get her some serious business

I'm the member she is referring too and do I got some good stuff to share but have to get to work now so I will post later today when I get home, get the popcorn and soda ready for it will be entertaining!

Just keep it clean and honest. The last thing I need is another lawyer calling me.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

I'm the member she is referring too and do I got some good stuff to share but have to get to work now so I will post later today when I get home, get the popcorn and soda ready for it will be entertaining!

I have a lot that I need to do today but I am going to cut it short to get back to hear the story...

Poplady1

After reading a craigslist Ad I decided to try a new locator and after things didn't work out I posted about the experience and since then have seen the real unprofessional side of a

"locator"

So to be sure to paint the complete picture here is the entire history of emails

TO: Melslocating@gmail.com

June 15, 2011 7:55 AM

Hi my name is James Mainor, I own a small bulk vending business and I'm interested in growing some. I'm located in Panama City, FL area. Was wondering what your policies about right to refuse or warranty was. I've used a couple other locators before with limited success. I'm looking for quality locations that can support triples (at least $25-30 a month). I know locators don't have a crystal ball but a good one should know that a boat lift installation company with one guy in the office will not support a machine (yeah thats one of many duds I was sent by one locator). I would need a right to refuse or for you to work off my call sheets. If this is a situation that sounds doable then email me back or you can reach me on my cell 850-814-5251.

TO:

James Mainor

June 15, 2011 8:32 AM

yes I can give your area a try...I dont give 1 or 2 man locations...I dont even call in autos....I will send to you an email that you can forward back with your info, It will give more detail to how to get started and what my polices are.

Mel

TO:

James Mainor

June 15, 2011 8:34 AM

Please forward back with info if you want me to get bulk locations..please check out my website as well for more info

Name

Address

Business name

Phone/cell

Reference to insure payment

What State cities or towns you want locations in

How many do you have on route

What type of machines you want located

How many machines do you want located per week

What type of locations you DONT want

Charity or commission

I Melanie will locate your bulk vending machines at a fee of $45 per location. I will do all work first and send them to you via-email. you will go and place your machines and same day pay after machines are installed. If you do not you will have a $5 late fee per day. If you are unable to pay on day of placement you will need to contact me within that day of placement, and I will wave the fee. You will be honest about all placements, Note I will always call the locations you deny. I take paypal credit debit. You will always keep me updated. Please give me 48 hr. notice if you are going out of town so that I am not calling in your area. I will give you a 45 day free replacement if you are to get kicked out of location by no fault to you. I will allow 2 denials, But after that will need placements and payment. You will let me know which days you are to go out.....For first time vendor I will give you only 1 or 2 locations to ensure placement and payment...I am trusting you to be honest with placement and payment.

If I do the work and you do not place your are responsible for payment of locations. Also if I call a locations back and you have placed you will be responsible for 2 times the amount of locations. For any unpaid money due I will refer your account to may collections attorney.

TO:

melslocating@gmail.com

June 15, 2011 11:57 AM

Please forward back with info if you want me to get bulk locations..please check out my website as well for more info

I wanting to start with 2 locations then we can go from there, thanks.

Name: James Mainor

Address: 118 Colleen St

Wewahitchka, FL., 32465

Business name: Gulf Vending

Phone/cell: 850-814-5251

Reference to insure payment: Not sure what your looking forward here or what good it would do you. personal reference: tina moody: 850-676-4003

What State cities or towns you want locations in: Panama City Beach 32407, 32408, 32413

How many do you have on route: 30

What type of machines you want located: 1800 triples

How many machines do you want located per week: possibly 2, I can only place machines on wednesdays or thursdays and would need the location by monday night to be able to place that week. You might want to work on mine Fri-Mon of the week so locations want be waiting to long for machine.

What type of locations you DONT want: auto repair, hair and nail salons

Charity or commission: I use NCCS vending program if its a good solid quality location I'll also do 20% commission on top of the charity (restaurants, bowling alleys, bingo halls), use your best judgement.

I Melanie will locate your bulk vending machines at a fee of $45 per location. I will do all work first and send them to you via-email. you will go and place your machines and same day pay after machines are installed. If you do not you will have a $5 late fee per day. If you are unable to pay on day of placement you will need to contact me within that day of placement, and I will wave the fee. You will be honest about all placements, Note I will always call the locations you deny. I take paypal credit debit. You will always keep me updated. Please give me 48 hr. notice if you are going out of town so that I am not calling in your area. I will give you a 45 day free replacement if you are to get kicked out of location by no fault to you. I will allow 2 denials, But after that will need placements and payment. You will let me know which days you are to go out.....For first time vendor I will give you only 1 or 2 locations to ensure placement and payment...I am trusting you to be honest with placement and payment.

If I do the work and you do not place your are responsible for payment of locations. Also if I call a locations back and you have placed you will be responsible for 2 times the amount of locations. For any unpaid money due I will refer your account to may collections attorney.

To: mainor5251

June 19, 2011 2:39:06 PM

Subject: you're got location

Hello here is a location for placement ...Please let me know when you get this email...when you are going out for placement.

Bubbas Pizza

22414 Panama city Beach Pkwy

Panama City beach FL 32413

contact Bell mgr

850 249 9200

To: Melslocating

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM

had to work a 16 hr shift at my other job monday, called today though and answering machine said they did not open until 3 pm so it will have to be thursday (have to pick up my 4 year old daughter tomorrow from a summer program she's in at 2:30pm and I don't drag her around when I'm working) when I drop off machine, so I'll post payment then if all goes well. Is your paypal melslocating@gmail.com?

June 21, 2011 9:30 PM

No its B2bcommunications2011@gmail.com...But ..I invoice all vendors for payment..I will invoice you for payment when you place.

mel

To: melslocating

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM

location did not accept a machine

TO:

James Mainor

June 23, 2011 3:45 PM

Why what went wrong??...I will call them ??

To: melsloocating

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:20 PM

She just seemed completely disinterested in the idea

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:22 PM

wow and you talked to the contact person I talked too??...Ok well I will get another for you

TO: mainor5251

June 24, 2011 3:38 PM

Hey I got another location for placement do you want to go out today?

TO: mainor5251

June 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Hello here is another location for placement

Fatty Sandwich shop

15900 front beach rd ste 105

Panama city Beach FL 32413

contact John mgr

850 249 1515

June 24, 2011 4:44 PM

I already have a double there with gumballs and runts, been there for about a year now

June 27, 2011 9:44:35 AM

Hello, I have given to you 2 locations that you were not able to place....I can not give any more locations to you because I must protect my self from scamer vendors......I am not calling you a scamer ....Is just i have these same reason of why vendors cant place and then I find out it was lies......Just to protect myself if you want any more locations you will have to pay the fee of $45 and then I will find you another location....I can invoice you with paypal if you like...I take debit credit or you can send a check or money order.

TO: Melanies BulkLocating

June 27, 2011 3:52 PM

You could have verified either incident if you wanted, the first would not accept a machine the second was a location I got from Kickstart locators on 06/04/10, but I understand when you own your own business you get to choose who and how you do business, I no longer pay locators up front (too many bad experiences in the past), so good luck with you future clients.

June 27, 2011 4:12:07 PM

Ok....I will give this another try ...I am not trying to lose clients and i do understand your position...so lets see what I can do here...I will have another location for placement this week and hopefully we can get your machines placed...how does that sound?....what was your best days again to go out?

Mel :)

June 27, 2011 4:17 PM

I can place a machine on wednesday or thursday this week, I very satisfied with the type of locations you are going after we just got to get one to stick to get things rolling. good luck.

June 29, 2011 6:22:04 PM

I hope you dont have this location

Big Boys Toys

102 E 15th st

Panama City FL 32405

contact Mary Mgr

850 640 2132

Note bring charity paper work

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Wanted to grow beach route more so thats why I did not give this zip, but feel bad about the first 2 so I will try to put a single head gumball there tomorrow. Thanks for location hope it works out, if it does I'll submit payment as soon as I get home and you can put me down for another one.

TO: Melanies BulkLocating

June 30, 2011 1:36 PM

After seeing the location theres no way I could see this being a viable location, its a portable building on a little used car lot with very, very little traffic. I was gonna accept this location even though it wasn't in the zip code area I provided cause I felt bad, but after seeing this location theres no way I can accept this just for your sake. When paying $45 for a location I expect a location that I could do at least $15-20 a month at (ie. restaurants, bars, high volume business office, any kind of kids amusement place, etc) my expectations might be unreasonable for someone locating over the phone cause I've yet to find a locator who could produce. Seems locators always go after the accounts that are easier to get which are normally the ones that don't produce, thats why I said I was happy with the locations you were going after to begin with. Can't imagine this working out unless you think you could target these type of accounts and it still be worth your while.

June 29, 2011 7:20:22 PM

ok

mel

After this there was no more contact until she read what I wrote on TVF then I got these

August 21, 2011 2:47 PM

Hello,

I was just checking out vend discuss and just found out that you are deterring me ......what good is that of you to do something so under handed....i gave you locations and did not ask you for any money down!!! I put hrs. of work in your area......and now you post as if I am no good.....Like Iam not fair to vendors like i sent you on a wild goose chase to go place your machines....how dare you!!!.....i have worked with alot of vendors and have got the job done!!!....I cant help that you was not able to place.....What the hell now every time some one ask about my services your going to send them your post....How dare you!!!!

What are you gaining a this.....who are you....are you a locator trying to run my name down!!....who are you....your not a man....you gossip like a child....yeah now go post this on your gossip vend discuss...Keep my name out of your gossip mouth.

August 21, 2011 3:56 PM

I have enough stress in my life .....and now i have to monitor the gossip forum ......because of you!!!...i make a living from finding locations for vendors I do not need you slandering my name!!!!...Iam not a scammer I did not ask you for any money down!!! I did hours of work i n your area and you was not able to place not due to me i got yes's on every location I sent to you!!!

I make money providing locations......I help support my family this way....did you ever think that you would hurt my business this way.....I feed my children with the work that I do!!!! With this economy .....How dare you.....try to slander me and my locating service!!!.....By doing this your taking food out the mouth of my children.

You Never once thought how you would effect peoples lives with your gossip.......that forum is good...then very bad in the hands of heart less people like you!!!

Here are the 3 locations that I sent to you and all of them gave me the OK....and i cant help that is did not work out for you.....I did my job!!

Big Boys Toys

102 E 15th st

Panama City FL 32405 ....You Denied

contact Mary Mgr

850 640 2132

Note bring charity paper work

Bubbas Pizza

22414 Panama city Beach Pkwy .......They told you No after they told me YES I cant help that!!

Panama City beach FL 32413

contact Bell mgr

Fatty Sandwich shop

15900 front beach rd ste 105........ And this one you already had

Panama city Beach FL 32413

contact John mgr

850 249 1515end_of_the_skype_highlighting

I did my part as good and honest locator......I put hours of time in your area and you were not able to place......and I got no money for my time and...the only thing I got from you is your gossip about me!!!

what a kick in the golpher!!...thanks alot!!

I haven't responded since are original correspondence yet keep getting emails and if that wasn't funny enough I was on my way home today and I was checking my voicemail when low and behold it happens to be Mr. melslocating calling me to let me know that he would be seeking a legal alternative to all the slandering i was doing to his wife, wish I had a way to upload it and put it on here and yall could hear all the babbling nosense.

This has been my entire experience with Melody, my original opinion was sorta indifferent because she did come up with 2 viable locations that just didnt work out but then went after a crummy location that wasn't even in the provided zip code area, after receiving the last email of "ok" and nothing else I just decided to chalk it up as another failed locating experience and go on. After posting an honest review of her services and then getting blasted I can definitely say, TVF members beware before doing business with this unprofessional, unstable locator.

that was great. I can make some more popcorn if you have more.

Seems like she expects to get paid everytime she thinks she gets a yes. Everything else is your fault.

Too bad she does not have the backbone to come on here and defend herself publicly, Eddie has been quiet lately could use some controversy.

Keep my name out of your gossip mouth.

This has to be my all time favorite quote. I think I've found the new slogan for TVF. Watch for it in the logo soon! laugh.gif

Well as far as I can tell minor is in the right. She was the one that said no money up front. And it seemed that she wanted to protect her self when it dindnt work out. She of all people should know that most phone vending placments don't work out and she seemed more worried about being scamed then doing a good job. Oh and Mel I walked out side a min ago and guess what we still live in the good ole USA which means we have freedom of speach.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Haven't had this much fun since Great Plains Locating and Cross Country Locating!!!

Read the back posts if not familiar. Back then they had some chick that posted bogus positive reviews under different alias names and was ultimately banned - but she also flew off the handle very easily with an extememly bad temper. I am sure a temper like that made it that much harder to reply to reviews.

hmmmm....

Please, please, please, we ALL need to watch that temper. Just remember what a bad temper did to good old Sonny in the Godfather.

Anyhow, let's re-visit the 70's and re-dedicate the song, "Freak Out" to those that can't control their temper!

Chorus:

Aaahh Freak out!

Le Freak, C'est Chic

Freak out!

Aaahh Freak out!

Le Freak, C'est Chic

Freak out!

Aaahh Freak out!

Le Freak, C'est Chic

Freak out!

Aaahh Freak out!

Le Freak, C'est Chic

Freak out!

Have you heard about the new dance craze?

Listen to us, I'm sure you'll be amazed

Big fun to be had by everyone

It's up to you, It surely can be done

Young and old are doing it, I'm told

Just one try, and you too will be sold

It's called Le Freak! They're doing it night and day

Allow us, we'll show you the way

(chorus)

All that pressure got you down

Has your head spinning all around

Feel the rhythm, check the ride

Come on along and have a real good time

Like the days of stopping at the Savoy

Now we freak, oh what a joy

Just come on down, to fifty four

Find a spot out on the floor

(chorus)

Now Freak!

I said Freak!

Now Freak!

I happened to listen to the voicemail I got from her husband Dave again and can't believe I didn't catch this the first time, he specifically states that another member told them that I was given her bad reviews, so I'm curious if the member that talked to melanie is one of her current customers and if so what was there experience, please chime in would love to hear how its going with you and melanie

i wish yall could hear this voice mail, its too funny

Archived