What it takes to be a full time toy vendor

JLM Vending

I was highly considering going back to trucking part time or maybe even full time. I love being out on the road and also like the pay. I could also use some of my savings to invest more into vending. I also have a huge passion for vending of any sort and my long term goal is to make enough money each month selling toys to live solely off of this. I currently own 40 candy machines and make okay money part time but I would like add only toy machines to my route. Im trying to figure out around how much money i would need to invest in this business to be able to earn 4 to 5 k net profit a month and around how much time I would need to service. So Im thinking if i went back to trucking full time, I could do that for a while and pay some sort of person to run my route if i didn't have the time. So I do have a lot to think about, I have no experience in toys as of yet. Just trying to figure out if there was any useful strategies i could follow.

I was highly considering going back to trucking part time or maybe even full time. I love being out on the road and also like the pay. I could also use some of my savings to invest more into vending. I also have a huge passion for vending of any sort and my long term goal is to make enough money each month selling toys to live solely off of this. I currently own 40 candy machines and make okay money part time but I would like add only toy machines to my route. Im trying to figure out around how much money i would need to invest in this business to be able to earn 4 to 5 k net profit a month and around how much time I would need to service. So Im thinking if i went back to trucking full time, I could do that for a while and pay some sort of person to run my route if i didn't have the time. So I do have a lot to think about, I have no experience in toys as of yet. Just trying to figure out if there was any useful strategies i could follow.

You have an upper hand by being a truck driver because you know many roads, cities and towns that can be half the battle.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

You have an upper hand by being a truck driver because you know many roads, cities and towns that can be half the battle.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well that's one of the reasons I love vending because I love to drive from place to place. I would actually prefer to do vending for a living, since I get to drive anyways and work my own hours. Im actually looking into getting a personal loan through a relative. Just not sure exactly how much i should borrow. Im definitely not ready or interested in full line vending at this time though.

If you want to net 5k per month you might need 50 toy racks? That will cost you $20,000-$75,000 depending on the brand of machines and whether new or used. Then maybe anohter $200 per rack to fill them. 50 racks with some driving and distance in between could be a 50 hour service per month. Locating 50 toy racks that will produce well for you is priceless. This would be the hard part in my opinion. I am new to the business and have a pretty large area within an hour to find locations, but to place 50 racks could take years.

Archived