Competitors route

cashman

Hi ,looking for thoughts or Ideas on this.

I want to approach the big guy vendor in town about buying some stops off his (this company is huge)

Was thinking that some off their stop aren't worth it for them but for me it would probably be a great stop,how do I go about this ? Phone? Drop in their office? Email ?

Hi ,looking for thoughts or Ideas on this.

I want to approach the big guy vendor in town about buying some stops off his (this company is huge)

Was thinking that some off their stop aren't worth it for them but for me it would probably be a great stop,how do I go about this ? Phone? Drop in their office? Email ?

I called, did not get far but I was persistent and called a couple of large companies about once a month. Once you learn who to ask for just check in on a regular basis and you might get an opportunity. It took me several months before the guy would even talk to me and eventually I was able to buy a couple of location that way.

This can and does work sometimes. One large company here sold off anything that did less than $500 a week then he got to $1000 a week. Some of these companies get to the point that they cant service an account unless it does a certain amount.I would maybe try my first contact by mail then do a follow up call a week or so later. Be nice and dont try and carry one much small talk or try and ask any business related questions other than the business at hand (buying accounts)and you should be fine. I would tell them some parameters of what you are looking for. Most times these accounts are sold one time net or less. Maybe even as little as 35/45% on the dollar depending on the assets involved.

500$ a week would be awesome

come to think about it we dont have a gravy lounge standard for full line vendors

The vending company I was refering to that sold those type accounts did 4.5 million a year with only 72 accounts. :o Thats why he sold off those accounts to free up his drivers to concentrate on his big accounts.

Archived