Dang...kicked and more kicked.

MrGranger

Just lost my second location in as many months, restaurants are closing left and right. I'm still trying to find a way to get the last machine out of the locked place. And now I have to swing by because someone stuck something in a candy machine I have. Seemed like everything was going so well for a bit. Ah well...

See my post from earlier this week. Had a place close down and cleaned out. Never a call from the owner about closing, and to come get my stuff.

I've been doing vending for a short 5 years now, and I've found that my young business has outlasted many many other brick and mortar businesses.

See my post from earlier this week. Had a place close down and cleaned out. Never a call from the owner about closing, and to come get my stuff.

I've been doing vending for a short 5 years now, and I've found that my young business has outlasted many many other brick and mortar businesses.

Yeah...neither of the two closures took a minute to call me. I had to track both owners down, am still bothering the last. How much trouble is it to give someone a call? My number is on each machine in three places.

Yeah...neither of the two closures took a minute to call me. I had to track both owners down, am still bothering the last. How much trouble is it to give someone a call? My number is on each machine in three places.

A lot of business closures are due to lack of organization and proper planning.

If these owners were too unorganized to properly plan and run a business, they're probably not going to worry about returning a vending machine to it's owner.

Their disorganization has left them with too many other worries...and sometimes the poor planning leaves such a need for cash that taking what's not theirs when they clear out seems like a good idea to them.

I go to new places several times to eat and try to get an idea of if they will last or not.I`ll eat at the place a few times to see if the food is good,the service,price,bathrooms clean or not,how well do,if they seem organized(as sherlock said).if they have a lot of extra staff idle on every visit thats not a good sign either.labor costs can easily get out of control.

locations close for many different reasons.I always hope that at least the machines pays for itself before it is lost/stolen.

Still haven't been able to pull the machines but I did get to swap the misvending machine for a new one. Not too bad since the gumballs were already down 1/2 way after 2-3 weeks. It was a A&A PN95 machine with a damaged quarter jammed in the mech. I tested and it seemed to have got the mech screwed up. I loosened the center screw and now it works fine again.

I can sympathise with you over lost sites, for our bulk machines this calendar year to date has been exceptionally tough due to a downturn in the economy and pepole are simply not spending as much as they used to and vending is really a discretionary spend which does make it very tough. This past 6 months we have lost a bunch of bulk sites, around 20 plus sites, some partially due to the big floods here in january................so as a result we are currently madly siting and will have all these sites replaced within a month, siting them is one problem, finding premium sites is even harder or sometimes i feel damn near impossible.

Wish you all the best with your locating just never giveup!.

I can sympathise with you over lost sites, for our bulk machines this calendar year to date has been exceptionally tough due to a downturn in the economy and pepole are simply not spending as much as they used to and vending is really a discretionary spend which does make it very tough. This past 6 months we have lost a bunch of bulk sites, around 20 plus sites, some partially due to the big floods here in january................so as a result we are currently madly siting and will have all these sites replaced within a month, siting them is one problem, finding premium sites is even harder or sometimes i feel damn near impossible.

Wish you all the best with your locating just never giveup!.

I am going to call Mel and have het do all my locating for me. I have faith. Lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Still haven't been able to pull the machines but I did get to swap the misvending machine for a new one. Not too bad since the gumballs were already down 1/2 way after 2-3 weeks. It was a A&A PN95 machine with a damaged quarter jammed in the mech. I tested and it seemed to have got the mech screwed up. I loosened the center screw and now it works fine again.

I always carry a spare mech with me. Swap the mech out instead of the whole machine. Fix the mech when you are home.

I hear you man. I have my original *knock on wood* locations that I've had for over a year, but am losing the newer ones right and left. It's dumbfounding how many have closed their doors in the last couple of months. The ones that are left are doing slightly worse than last year. One things for sure, bulk vending is NOT passive income in this economy.

I always carry a spare mech with me. Swap the mech out instead of the whole machine. Fix the mech when you are home.

My rule is that if I'm going to touch a machine then I'm going to fill & pull it. I won't go and only fix the issue. I would have swapped mechs but the manager had expressed interest in new gum so I took the opportunity to swap it out. I might have just swapped mechs otherwise after servicing the machines.

Archived