Vending Friendly Cities

timberframe50

I wonder how city sticker fees vary. I placed 2 racks in different cites.

The first wants $25 per head, I only place 3 heads, 1 800 on the bottom, 2 way tattoo and an Oak 450 on top. (3 heads in their eyes) $75 per year.

The second wants $25. I showed then a picture of the 6 head rack and it was $25 for the rack. $25 per year.

Would love some feedback on what other areas are charging.

I wonder how city sticker fees vary. I placed 2 racks in different cites.

The first wants $25 per head, I only place 3 heads, 1 800 on the bottom, 2 way tattoo and an Oak 450 on top. (3 heads in their eyes) $75 per year.

The second wants $25. I showed then a picture of the 6 head rack and it was $25 for the rack. $25 per year.

Would love some feedback on what other areas are charging.

Wha city is this?

Going around that city have you actually seen stickers that say "I allowed my local government official to mug me and all I got was this lousy sticker"?

I have traveled through cities that say they collect fees for the machine being able to exist, but I've never seen a single person with a machine that posted such a sticker. I went and searched.

What some hypothetical person might do in a situation like yours is to place a commission rack. Put toys in it. Pay the owner, and go about their business. Those who aren't involved could then go and pound salt.

In West Virginia, if the city does not have an ordnance of their own then, they follow the state code which is $12.50 per machine per year. Running July 1 to June 30. This is for any vending machine that vends candy, gum, or merchandise. Some use stickers and some do not. Some cities enforce it strictly and others do not.

I deem this un-necessary. It is just another way for the towns to get more revenue. It is also a waste of my time to figure the city tax. I just got caught in one town and they slapped my hand. I am not spending the amount of time needed to fill out the required paperwork and writing checks each quarter for the tax. I'll take my chances.

Usually i ask what the state requires, the city has to comply with the states wishes.

I hope you not saying that the city or county can't impose fees that the state does not.

You would be very wrong. Many cities and countys impose their own fees by issuing tax stickers. To be honest its mostly and honor system in that the local tax guy isn't out looking. The worse one I have is in worchester county Maryland 20 a head for one inch and 45 for two inch.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I hope you not saying that the city or county can't impose fees that the state does not.

You would be very wrong. Many cities and countys impose their own fees by issuing tax stickers. To be honest its mostly and honor system in that the local tax guy isn't out looking. The worse one I have is in worchester county Maryland 20 a head for one inch and 45 for two inch.

Looks like i have learned something new! smiley.gif

Sometimes it is a "revenue grab", other times it is just a city manager who doesn't like vending machines for various reasons and is trying to prevent them from being placed in their city.

There was a piece in vending times last month where a city in IL determined that it would save them money to just do away with the vending tax sticker. So they did. It's was costing more to process and enforce than it brought in. They did however come up with a new tax just for dvd rentals and red box was spoke of.

Archived