How to swap product in 2" machines quickly?

Profits

I've bought a lot of new inventory to swap products and hopefully retain a higher sales volume. The dilemma now is how to do it quickly and efficiently. The 1" product is obvious. Just dump it out, change the signage, and pour the new one in.

The 2" product, however, is a larger challenge. You can't just pick up the globe and dump the product out. My clumsy technique involves grabbing 2-3 capsules at a time and slowly transferring them to the bin, then when the level gets low enough, I lift the plexiglass front panel and drain them out the bottom while trying not to spill them all over the floor and starting a looting riot with the curious kids watching from behind.

Last time I swapped the product in a 5-way rack, it took me 40+ minutes. What a freakin' pain.

And plus, the location owner is looking at you like "is this really the fastest way to do this?"

There's got to be an easier way.

I've bought a lot of new inventory to swap products and hopefully retain a higher sales volume. The dilemma now is how to do it quickly and efficiently. The 1" product is obvious. Just dump it out, change the signage, and pour the new one in.

The 2" product, however, is a larger challenge. You can't just pick up the globe and dump the product out. My clumsy technique involves grabbing 2-3 capsules at a time and slowly transferring them to the bin, then when the level gets low enough, I lift the plexiglass front panel and drain them out the bottom while trying not to spill them all over the floor and starting a looting riot with the curious kids watching from behind.

Last time I swapped the product in a 5-way rack, it took me 40+ minutes. What a freakin' pain.

And plus, the location owner is looking at you like "is this really the fastest way to do this?"

There's got to be an easier way.

There is!

I use 4 mil plastic clear bags for all my 2 inch product, it's easier to fill from them and to empty as well.

all you do is open coin door and put bag around top of door and then close back down, then raise front plexiglass and empty! Volia!

There is!

I use 4 mil plastic clear bags for all my 2 inch product, it's easier to fill from them and to empty as well.

all you do is open coin door and put bag around top of door and then close back down, then raise front plexiglass and empty! Volia!

profits this works like a charm. But serious vendors dont swap they sell it all.

There is!

Can you snap a photo of what you're talking about? I can't really picture how this works.

profits this works like a charm. But serious vendors dont swap they sell it all.

I believe this is probably true. Clearly I'm not a great sales guy. I need to commission the talents of someone who does it better than myself.

Works like a charm, hell I have been unloading 30 inch machines FILLED with spaghetti balls for the last few months. :o

I guess the implication is that spaghetti balls don't sell well. Good to know.

You may also want to explain to Profits that the" 2 in box " doesn't indicate the measurements of the box, it is the box that your 2" product came in.....cool.gif

Thank you, a-hole :)

I know the meaning of a 2" box. :rolleyes:

Anyway... Good to know the secret is a box. Sometimes the simplest things are the most overlooked.

I do something similar with the 1in vista panel machines. I pull the head off a few inches, put the edge of a bag in the gap between the head and the body, then put the head back on the body, sandwiching the edge of the bag in there. Then I pull up the panel and let the caps fall into the bag.

Archived