Flat vending pedestal

caserri

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get bases for flat vending machines, or does anyone fabricate their own?

I'd like to place a few "flat only" machines and I'm not particularly interested in having them on a stand. I'd like the base or pedestal to be about the same size and color as the machine itself. Almost like a "cabinet" similar to the Allstar pedestal.

I'm handy with woodworking and may go that route but I'd be interested in other opinions or experiences as well.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

That's what I'd do, and have done in the past. I don't do pedestals as much as I do bench-type racks for my 3-ways.

I've attached some pix. One shows a pedestal holding a 2in machine, next to one of my bench racks. I'm sorry, but the image is very bad.

The other shows a better pic of my bench rack. Just imagine it it to be much taller, and much narrower. That is what my pedestal design looks like.

post-105-0-79135600-1315403443_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-88130900-1315403453_thumb.jpg

Thanks Darryl. Yea I remember you posting those before. They look great!

I'm looking at making more of a "cabinet" style pedestal instead of a bench. I'm even considering having a locking cabinet for storage as well. Maybe I'll even utilize the cabinet space for coin collecting as well with some sort of a locking drawer for easy collections.

I guess since no one has any input, I'll go with making my own. I'll post a pic when complete.

Wish I could help...but I haven't made a stand for my flat vends.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

One thing: Keep the flat vend machine a little high off the ground.

Put it too low and unsupervised youngsters may be tempted to use those coin mechs as a step to climb on the machine.

Those mechs are the perfect size to be foot-pegs for little feet.

Never seen it happen....but, it's good to be cautious.

Im looking forward to what you come up with. keep in mind the stands that come from the manufacturers are twice as big around and twice as heavy to prevent tipping over backwards. A tattoo machine as you know has a lot of pushing back pressure to engage coin mech. having it back against a wall prevents this but its not a guaranteed spot when locating inside the location.

Have you ever used an H stand also known as an apex.

Its for mounting flat machines and can hold up to a 3 column. And you cdma also mount a one inch on bottom if you like.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

http://factory.dhgat...-p47997103.html

I like those H-stands.

Never had one, but do see them around.

They look great and are very stable.

They are actually able to hold up to a 6-column if you are using the stack-able A&A 3-columns one on top of the other.

However, the H-stands are expensive...A&A sells them for around $80-$90 plus shipping last I checked.

That is more than I pay for my rack stands.

I like those as well but it's not what I'm looking for right now. I've begun sketching some plans and will start building soon.

I'm envisioning a square cabinet sized for either 1 or 2 Beaver flat packs on top. The cabinet will be painted to match the machine. It looks beautiful in my brain! :)

Well I've drawn up some plans and it looks like I'll be able to make two cabinet bases out of one $28 sheet of mdf. I am going to pick up a sheet today and see how it turns out.

I picked up the sheet of mdf today and cut it up into the required pieces. Sure enough, I'll be able to build 2 cabinets out of the one sheet. That brings the cost to only $14 per pedestal.

I worked on it for about an hour and a half today and I'm about half way through with it. I must say it doesn't look like much right now but it's coming along quite nicely. I should have it completed tomorrow.

I picked up the sheet of mdf today and cut it up into the required pieces. Sure enough, I'll be able to build 2 cabinets out of the one sheet. That brings the cost to only $14 per pedestal.

I worked on it for about an hour and a half today and I'm about half way through with it. I must say it doesn't look like much right now but it's coming along quite nicely. I should have it completed tomorrow.

Here's what Impulse Industries does with their sticker/tattoo bases. You could check to see if they sell them or copy them in some way.

Gary

post-165-0-89601000-1315624832_thumb.jpg

are you taking photos as you build this?

You know the rules. No posting about projects with no pix to back them up.

I've got pix. I'm just waiting until its done and I'll post them.

I've finished up the building portion today and I just have to do some sanding, priming and painting. The thing looks friggen awesome. Kind of reminds me of the Empire State Building when I put the machine on it.

The paint scheme will be red to match the machine with an ivory accent on the front where I'll hand letter the word "TATTOOS".

Ok, Here are a couple of early pics. Keep in mind this is not a finished product. I still have some sanding and the painting to do ...

This one is a close up of the detail on the front. The panel in the middle will be Ivory in color and will have the lettering. The rest of the pedestal will be color matched to whatever the color of the machine is. In this case, red. I plan on using the same paint scheme for all bases, using the Ivory accents and machine color.

post-1-0-62270800-1315865722_thumb.jpg

Here is a full shot with the machine. I will also be adding 1X around the bottom for an interesting detail and added stability. (Not that stability is an issue. The base is very heavy and could not be pushed over by my 7 year old.) The 1X will be Ivory.

post-1-0-38583800-1315865727_thumb.jpg

I've included an access panel on the rear to allow for easy machine removal or attachment.

My work on this has slowed because I started building this in my basement workshop. Our basement flooded a bit when hurricane Irene came through and it's still a bit damp down there. The dampness was causing the paint and other adhesives to cure very slowly so I had to move it upstairs.

I will post completed pics when I am finished.

I finally had the time to lay some paint down on this base. Here are a couple pics of the red. As I said earlier, the middle panel will be ivory and will include some lettering. I will also be adding some ivory 1x3 around the base.

post-1-0-56139900-1316311988_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-72455100-1316312278_thumb.jpg

I finally had the time to lay some paint down on this base. Here are a couple pics of the red. As I said earlier, the middle panel will be ivory and will include some lettering. I will also be adding some ivory 1x3 around the base.

Looking good!

Getting closer. Sorry for the crappy pic.

All I have left to do is some touch up paint around the ivory panel, install the 1x3 around the bottom, and put the lettering on. I'll get some better pics up after I attach the machine.

post-1-131646173144_thumb.jpg

Archived