Newbie from England Coffee Machines vs Cold Drink Machines

h50n

Hi guys, Im looking to get into vending and have been weighing up the pros and cons of the different machines.

Im currently studying in university, my accommodation is limited to a room and subsequently I have very limited space. I currently don't have a car but I dont mind investing in on or a van. I was originally looking to get started buying a second hand full line drink machine and find a business to place it in, then move onto others from there. I recently came accros the flavia s350 hot drinks machine and felt like this type of machine appealed to me a lot more since it was smaller (so easy to store and transport), coffee seems relatively easy to sell to office workers and they are cheap. Upon doing some searching on this forum, i noticed that there isn't much talk about these machines.

Basically to cut to the chase here, from you more experienced guys, do you think it is worthwhile getting started with a hot drinks machine given my circumstances and if not for what reasons?

Thanks

Hi guys, Im looking to get into vending and have been weighing up the pros and cons of the different machines.

Im currently studying in university, my accommodation is limited to a room and subsequently I have very limited space. I currently don't have a car but I dont mind investing in on or a van. I was originally looking to get started buying a second hand full line drink machine and find a business to place it in, then move onto others from there. I recently came accros the flavia s350 hot drinks machine and felt like this type of machine appealed to me a lot more since it was smaller (so easy to store and transport), coffee seems relatively easy to sell to office workers and they are cheap. Upon doing some searching on this forum, i noticed that there isn't much talk about these machines.

Basically to cut to the chase here, from you more experienced guys, do you think it is worthwhile getting started with a hot drinks machine given my circumstances and if not for what reasons?

Thanks

First welcome. What University?

The Flavia machine is not very popular in my area, I've only seen a few in the wild around here. :) Around here the Keurig system is much more popular. Given your situation I'd take a hard look at starting off with a OCS business (office coffee service). Advantages are lower capital outlay and minimal space needed for inventory when compared to drinks. As your business grows existing customers will be a natural market should you decide to jump into full line vending.

Archived