Oak coin mechs

lurtsman

Does the 2 inch machine mech fit the one inch machine? It's been so long since I worked on oaks. I also have 1 50 cent mech that is supposed to be for a 1 inch machine but it never worked right. Any ideas on likely problems? I tried trouble shooting it a year ago and had no luck. Perhaps the experience since then will make it easier. Anywhere better to order than just calling oak?

I'm currently in the process of going through my Oak mech's and replacing them with higher price points.

The .50 Big Oak mech's have a couple of problems that I know of. If you take the back plate off make sure you use the same screws to put it back on with. If you use one that is slightly longer, it will catch the quarter on the other side and cause the mech to jam. I bought 4 off Ebay and that was what was wrong with all 4 of them. Also the coin dog (the piece that reads the diameter of the quarter) has a habit of riding up and off the post that it is riding on. A small screw from the side of the mech will take care of that but looks ugly. I'm currently trying a method of using another washer on top of it, then I'll try an E-clip next. I'll let you know how it goes.

The Vista mech's I have that are .50 are doing fine, but they are Oak brand. No problems yet. A&A has upgraded their mech for the PO89's. They will fit the Vista bodies but you have to grind or cut a good bit off.

Don't know about swapping between Vista's and Big Oaks. I've heard you can do it but haven't tried yet. Just don't have enough mech's to warrant destroying one yet.

Just got off the phone with oak. They said they don't do conversion kits. Fail.

They want 29.50 per mech for the 1.00 mechs for the large machine, and 23.10 for the 50 cent mechs for vistas. 1.50 for a chute door (I'm missing one and it just looks stupid)

Anyone own these mechs and want to beat their price, or have a recommendation? I want this stuff out on location two months ago, so time is valuable here.

Pulled out the 2inch mech and tested it, the part you'd have to cut/file is on the machine. The work seems significant enough that I don't really want to do it--particularly because I'd have to go buy a new tool which would waste most of my savings. Anyone know if westlake is still in businesses and has any of these mechs?

Pulled out the 2inch mech and tested it, the part you'd have to cut/file is on the machine. The work seems significant enough that I don't really want to do it--particularly because I'd have to go buy a new tool which would waste most of my savings. Anyone know if westlake is still in businesses and has any of these mechs?

The bottom of 1" machs have a step in them to let the chute door open. 2" mech done have a chute door under them so there is no step.

Mike

Just got off the phone with oak. They said they don't do conversion kits. Fail.

They want 29.50 per mech for the 1.00 mechs for the large machine, and 23.10 for the 50 cent mechs for vistas. 1.50 for a chute door (I'm missing one and it just looks stupid)

Anyone own these mechs and want to beat their price, or have a recommendation? I want this stuff out on location two months ago, so time is valuable here.

oak is running a special on their mechs. check out the website: oakmfg.com click on limited specials.

Archived