New to vending, just purchased my first machine!

ParadiseVending

Hello! Like the title says I am new to the vending world as I just purchased my first machine 1 week ago tomorrow. It's a Vendo V480. One bay does not vend (not sure why) but other than that everything else works great! Drinks are very cold. For those wondering I picked it up in location for $360, it was about half full. This morning I stopped into Costco and made my first purchase to fill it up. I was told it gets between $30-60/wk gross. I am eager to run the numbers and see exactly what it makes. Needless to say I am hooked. I have been reading this forum nonstop for a few days now and just like everyone else I am ready to expand!

Hello! Like the title says I am new to the vending world as I just purchased my first machine 1 week ago tomorrow. It's a Vendo V480. One bay does not vend (not sure why) but other than that everything else works great! Drinks are very cold. For those wondering I picked it up in location for $360, it was about half full. This morning I stopped into Costco and made my first purchase to fill it up. I was told it gets between $30-60/wk gross. I am eager to run the numbers and see exactly what it makes. Needless to say I am hooked. I have been reading this forum nonstop for a few days now and just like everyone else I am ready to expand!

Welcome to the forum!

could be a few reasons why the column does not vend

bad/stuck motor, bad sold out switch, bad button or bad wiring to the switch...maybe some others but thats my first thought.

to test the motor is the most simple,and also one of the most simple to replace.

open the door and take off the motor cover which is the metal cover under the columns usually it has numbers on it.

ok so you will see the motors. on each motor theres a switch, and a brake, they may be in different locations depending on how the motor is. You want to depress the switch and see what happens. If nothing happens your motor might be bad or the brake is stuck.

In this video I am actuating the vending motor manually to demonstrate a problem. You can see the switch at the bottom and the brake at the top

To determine the button , switch wiring or sold out switch, you will need to use a multimeter, unless technivend has some cool tricks that he knows to diagnose those.

could be a few reasons why the column does not vend

bad/stuck motor, bad sold out switch, bad button or bad wiring to the switch...maybe some others but thats my first thought.

to test the motor is the most simple,and also one of the most simple to replace.

open the door and take off the motor cover which is the metal cover under the columns usually it has numbers on it.

ok so you will see the motors. on each motor theres a switch, and a brake, they may be in different locations depending on how the motor is. You want to depress the switch and see what happens. If nothing happens your motor might be bad or the brake is stuck.

In this video I am actuating the vending motor manually to demonstrate a problem. You can see the switch at the bottom and the brake at the top

To determine the button , switch wiring or sold out switch, you will need to use a multimeter, unless technivend has some cool tricks that he knows to diagnose those.

Ah very cool. I didn't figure it would be too hard to work on, I will diagnose it next weekend and report back. I pulled $44 from it my first week, not so bad considering its at the place I work :P

Archived