Candy vs Toys

Dorado Vending

Candy Vs Toys  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer to vend?

I've found a pretty good balance I think. Toys are more profitable, and I prefer dealing with toys over candy, but candy is still the "bread and butter" of my business at this time. I make more money a month on candy than I do toys right now. I'd say that if you want to maximize the profitability of your business, you will use some composite of the two.

Also another reason I vend Candy is that most of my candy places that do well I dont pay a commision or donate to charity.

I simply ask businesses if they would want a candy machine and I service it and take care of it and the machine doesnt use electricity.

Almost all of my toy locations are commision so that is one extra cost that really hurts profit.

Also another reason I vend Candy is that most of my candy places that do well I dont pay a commision or donate to charity.

I simply ask businesses if they would want a candy machine and I service it and take care of it and the machine doesnt use electricity.

Almost all of my toy locations are commision so that is one extra cost that really hurts profit.

I wish my "freebie" spots did well enough to brag about. Every "free" spot I've gotten is a dog.

I like toys better but all of you who are so ingnorant and want to ignore candy have limited your customers. I just collected one head of skittles and for one month there was $75 from two bags of skittles.

Those of you who are saying candy is less profitable are not always correct. A box of jawbreaker cost 35-40 for 850. 750 capsules would cost you 10-20 more for that same 850 with displays.

There are alot of places where toys are not hot. Auto repair, break rooms, car dealerships, printing places basically any business that has foot traffic and kids dont go to these places often.

I stand by my own experience. I throw away more candy than I sell. That's just the way it is here in hot Houston. The candy melts or cracks and becomes unsightly and unvendable. Sooo, I don't vend candy if I don't have to

I stand by my own experience. I throw away more candy than I sell. That's just the way it is here in hot Houston. The candy melts or cracks and becomes unsightly and unvendable. Sooo, I don't vend candy if I don't have to

Ya thats what sucks about candy. Sometimes its more trouble than its worth.

Archived