row of selections not working

eagle90301

I got a call from the location saying if some one pressed C1-C10 it came up as D1-D10 with the price in the D selections amd Vends From D. I went up tried it 5 times it worked fine for me i went to leave tried it and it came up with the D selections.I unpluged the machine and disconected the plugs from the Board pluged them back in and it was working when i left. Any idea what the problem might be?? It is a sega VS3800 (I know not the best of brands the company i bought it from 3 years ago no longer sells them or services any machines) I do not want to buy a new machine at this point because i do not know what wil happen with the contract with the location.

First up. I dont know your machine at all. So any suggestion might not apply to your machine.

The obvious answer is that your keypad is faulty, pop in a new one. A quick Google tells me that some companies still stock spares for it as far as I can see.

However... If you want to try somethign else, then take the keypad out and see if the frame holding it isnt perhaps bent.

I had a similar problem where a customer smashed his fist (orsomething) against the keypad and bent everything. The one row stopped working until I popped it out bent everything straight.

The keypad was a sealed touchtype. (Servomatic)

I got a call from the location saying if some one pressed C1-C10 it came up as D1-D10 with the price in the D selections amd Vends From D. I went up tried it 5 times it worked fine for me i went to leave tried it and it came up with the D selections.I unpluged the machine and disconected the plugs from the Board pluged them back in and it was working when i left. Any idea what the problem might be?? It is a sega VS3800 (I know not the best of brands the company i bought it from 3 years ago no longer sells them or services any machines) I do not want to buy a new machine at this point because i do not know what wil happen with the contract with the location.

Ask Technivend. Without a doubt he will know the answer. To me it sounds like you just need to reset or reprogram your machine. Sometimes the row is not pushed back in enough for proper contact or it has been pushed when it wasn't level. But again, Technivend will be able to help you.

Poplady1

Ask Technivend. Without a doubt he will know the answer.

Absolutely. Bill is such an asset to this board. I'm going to have to put him on the payroll! :)

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Archived