Capsule Toy Vending - Gimmicks

DayStar Vending

My wife recalls when she was a kid that the toy capsule machines would have random dollar bills in some capsules. Some of these capsules could be clearly seen, almost like strategically placed (they probably were). Does anyone use "gimmicks", such as this, to sell their toys? If so, I'd like to hear what sort of "tricks" you have up your sleeves.

My wife recalls when she was a kid that the toy capsule machines would have random dollar bills in some capsules. Some of these capsules could be clearly seen, almost like strategically placed (they probably were). Does anyone use "gimmicks", such as this, to sell their toys? If so, I'd like to hear what sort of "tricks" you have up your sleeves.

I use a gimmick. Send me a dollar and I'll tell you.

I put money in my 2 inch mystery mix because it is a slow seller for me.I post it on the machine that you can win 1 or 5 dollar bill. I put 1 5 dollar bill and 5 1 dollar bills in a 25 inch machine. I put a capsule with a dollar in it on the right corner so they can see it's also because they'll never get it until the machine is empty. this is illegal in some states.

I use a gimmick. Send me a dollar and I'll tell you.

Sounds great! Your check is in the mail (mama said to never mail cash). :P

I put money in my 2 inch mystery mix because it is a slow seller for me.I post it on the machine that you can win 1 or 5 dollar bill. I put 1 5 dollar bill and 5 1 dollar bills in a 25 inch machine. I put a capsule with a dollar in it on the right corner so they can see it's also because they'll never get it until the machine is empty. this is illegal in some states.

Good to know - I like the idea of adding a gimmick or two. I hear it worked well for PT Barnum. I am not sure what the laws are about it in my state (Maryland). Not even sure where I would look to find such information....

This is the same concept of using a leader item to move slow selling items. A few years ago Havending talked about putting one or two mp3 players in 2in caps and selling them in a mystery mix for $1 vends. I've also heard of venders who do use the cash-in-a-capsule lure, but they do something to secure the capsule to the front of the globe so it can be easily seen, but will never get vended.

I've also heard of venders who do use the cash-in-a-capsule lure, but they do something to secure the capsule to the front of the globe so it can be easily seen, but will never get vended.

Darryl that reminds me of Kyle Guth! A few years ago there was a thread on here where he said he super glued a capsule with like $50 in it to the inside of his globes.

We'll have to wait for his annual visit to find out how that's going. :)

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Darryl that reminds me of Kyle Guth! A few years ago there was a thread on here where he said he super glued a capsule with like $50 in it to the inside of his globes.

We'll have to wait for his annual visit to find out how that's going. :)

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

He seemed kinda P.O.'d after his last visit. There's no telling how long it will be before his next.

I don`t use any tape or glue.I fill the machine some,then I raise the front panel enough to squeeze the capsule with money right in the corner.having it there has helped with vends.usually the money is spent back on the machine.the $5 is 50/50,but 9 out of ten that win the dollar come ask for quarters.

Archived