What makes a biz op.

havending

I was reading some older post and came across some of the biz op post. Then last week I was flipping through vending times and a few ads poped out. So I got to thinking what makes a biz op bad? Any business you get involved you get out what you put in. Let's say I buy some machines and get crappy locations and make very little money does that make it biz op? Or is it the way the machines are marketed? Did the over flowing pot of quarters in the old vendstar ads make it a biz op.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I was reading some older post and came across some of the biz op post. Then last week I was flipping through vending times and a few ads poped out. So I got to thinking what makes a biz op bad? Any business you get involved you get out what you put in. Let's say I buy some machines and get crappy locations and make very little money does that make it biz op? Or is it the way the machines are marketed? Did the over flowing pot of quarters in the old vendstar ads make it a biz op.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

2 things, first its the way the machines are marketed usually using very high pressure

sales techniques, oversold exceptions of revenue (greatly exaggerated projections) and greatly overpriced equipment. usually the equipment is poor as well because they like to find equipment where you can get a very high margin because they have to cover big commissions to the sale people,and still make a profit.

heres a great explanation of how biz op works, not to say ALL biz ops are fraud but most of them walk the line

http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ellicott/wolf.htm

BTW -- in the deals described above, some people did end up making money, people who were very determined but they had to do dig themselves out of a big hole and theyw ere the types who would have been successful at anything

I would imagine that a biz-op is one who makes you buy large lots of machines at inflated prices. If you can't buy a single machine, and the machines are 2x-3x the price of comparable machines, then that to me is a biz-op.

I would imagine that a biz-op is one who makes you buy large lots of machines at inflated prices. If you can't buy a single machine, and the machines are 2x-3x the price of comparable machines, then that to me is a biz-op.

Most of the biz-op pitches are about the support you get from the company, value added stuff like training and locations. This is because today they know most people can buy equipment off the internet, unless they are complete idiots. In the 90s the average person had no knowledge of where or how to get the equipment. So now they sell the value-add angle they will make it sound very much like a franchise and even possibly reference franchise models like mcdonalds because they are selling you "a proven system" but they will be careful to note that you are not in fact buying a franchise because there are specific laws governing that which a biz op does not comply with.

Archived