Vendstar gumball wheels

ricjo vending

Yea I actually like vendstars but the gumball wheels r too much more than a used vendstar. I just bought locks for all of mine 6 for each top one 5 for bottom ones. A great deal yes...but all of this adds to them.

Yea, I want to vend gumballs out of my Vendstars too and dump the chicle gum. I bought 1 of those pricey gumball wheels off Ebay to see how the things work.

Then I read somewhere on TVF about someone making a gumball wheel for the Vendstars so I thought I would give it a whirl! I am going to try and slightly turn (lathe) down the outside diameter on a NW gumball wheel as it is barely too big to fit into the Vendstar. The NW wheel cogs look like they should line up with Vendstar gear and hopefully work OK. I scrounged up some free surplus plastic from a local plastics supplier and will grab some springs off an old wheel. I am going to use a CNC mill on the free sheet plastic to cut out the plastic wheel cover. If it works, I'll have about $6 into it (not counting the hours I have spent scrounging everything up and trying to figure out how to make it work :blink: ). I hope to try this out in the next week or so. I'll let you know if it works.........

Yea I actually like vendstars but the gumball wheels r too much more than a used vendstar. I just bought locks for all of mine 6 for each top one 5 for bottom ones. A great deal yes...but all of this adds to them.

Where did you get your locks from?

Yea, I want to vend gumballs out of my Vendstars too and dump the chicle gum. I bought 1 of those pricey gumball wheels off Ebay to see how the things work.

Then I read somewhere on TVF about someone making a gumball wheel for the Vendstars so I thought I would give it a whirl! I am going to try and slightly turn (lathe) down the outside diameter on a NW gumball wheel as it is barely too big to fit into the Vendstar. The NW wheel cogs look like they should line up with Vendstar gear and hopefully work OK. I scrounged up some free surplus plastic from a local plastics supplier and will grab some springs off an old wheel. I am going to use a CNC mill on the free sheet plastic to cut out the plastic wheel cover. If it works, I'll have about $6 into it (not counting the hours I have spent scrounging everything up and trying to figure out how to make it work :blink: ). I hope to try this out in the next week or so. I'll let you know if it works.........

Where did you get your locks from?

I think we had a member modify a vendstar candy wheel to vend 1080 ct. gumballs. Something about a spring and a couple of self tapping screws. Can't find the post.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have the link to a pic of a vendstar wheel that is modified to vend 1 inch gumballs. I stumbled on the thread a few weeks ago, but I didn't know I would have trouble finding it again when I had the time to actually try to modify me own. It had screws and springs, and there were pics of how to do it. Please help me, I've been trying for an hour to find the thread. Maybe Outlander posted it?

I think we had a member modify a vendstar candy wheel to vend 1080 ct. gumballs. Something about a spring and a couple of self tapping screws. Can't find the post.

Does anyone have the link to a pic of a vendstar wheel that is modified to vend 1 inch gumballs. I stumbled on the thread a few weeks ago, but I didn't know I would have trouble finding it again when I had the time to actually try to modify me own. It had screws and springs, and there were pics of how to do it. Please help me, I've been trying for an hour to find the thread. Maybe Outlander posted it?

You're right, SoCal. I did a search also and all the older posts are not showing the pics that were in the threads. They may have been lost when we migrated to the new server. Maybe Steve can answer this better.

As an experiment I took the proportioner out of one of my Vendstar machine hoppers and tested vending 1" toy capsules. Imagine my shock and surprise when it worked! However, out of 12 vends, 3 didn't come out. I carefully removed the bottom and found that there was JUST enough friction to hold the capsule inside. Result: 3 out of 12 vends meant a 25% failure rate.

I've been wondering about the possibility of shaving off some of the plastic on the inside of the three triangular sections of the wheel, keeping the proportional out, and slightly enlarging the hole on the hopper's bottom, and possibly lubricate the sides with original Pam as I do the cherry sourballs I vend from them (about the size of the smaller gumballs). My gut feeling is it would work. Then I wouldn't need to worry about the overpriced 1" gumball wheel.

And with all due respect to BouncyBalls, I like my Vendstars, than'kewverymuch ;)

Archived