stocking up on gumballs

antoniocinisi

is anyone else stocking up on gumballs?year after year it seems the quality of gumballs from sams goes down in the winter.I am buying some cases so I wont have to till spring again.is anyone else doing anything similar?

Starting with my next order I am making a change. I have about a half box left. So it will happen very soon. I am doing it for another reason but the fresher gum is an added bonus.

I am dropping my Sams membership. The reason why is because as I get more and more into toys it has become a hassle to make the trip. It is 90 miles round trip for me. Driving a Dodge Durango takes 7 1/2 gallons of gas to make the trip. So I have always bought as much as I could afford. I have pruned my PMM, MM, and RP to the point that it is more cost effective to grab a few bags at the brand new Walmart 15 miles from the house. I still make a little money but just can not justify the $42 membership fee any more.

I will start ordering my gumballs online. I plan on ordering half/half 850ct and 1080ct. I am going to mix them and use them that way. The extra 230 gumballs will offset my shipping and slightly higher price. I'll gross an extra 57.50 for every 2 cases. Plus it will save me a lot of extra time. I will just tell the customers that is the way I get them now. Which will be the truth.

is anyone else stocking up on gumballs?year after year it seems the quality of gumballs from sams goes down in the winter.I am buying some cases so I wont have to till spring again.is anyone else doing anything similar?

I would order oak leaf from a supplier

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The summer time is the problem here in Florida for gumballs. Open up those cases of gum and many are badly faded. I returned them to Sam. But after hearing your problem, I am convinced that Sam is still not storing this product properly. For some reason, Sam thinks that gumballs are not really a food product and are indestructable. I have one question for Sam. Would you store chocolate products the same way you store gumballs? Hey Sam, gumballs are a food product and need to be treated that way. Clearly, you (Sam) are still storing gumballs in non-climate controlled areas for long periods of time and the heat in the summer and cold in the winter are taking their toll.

I closely watch the born-on dates. And fortunately for me there is one club that has a May born-on date that is fresh and not badly faded. Had to make a special trip this morning to this club which is a bit out of my way. But drove the Ford Focus there to save some gas. We have 6 clubs here.

I closely watch the born-on dates. And fortunately for me there is one club that has a May born-on date that is fresh and not badly faded. Had to make a special trip this morning to this club which is a bit out of my way. But drove the Ford Focus there to save some gas. We have 6 clubs here.

How do you read the born-on dates on the Sam's gumballs? Nothing on the box I bought last week looks like a date.

Tom

How do you read the born-on dates on the Sam's gumballs? Nothing on the box I bought last week looks like a date.

Tom

Great question.

Somebody once posted the formula for deciphering the date codes. I want to say it was either jax or dperry but I could be wrong.

If someone can search for and find that post I will put it somewhere where we can find it again.

Sent using Tapatalk from a phone that's smarter than me.

Thanks, this is very helpful.

I'm already tired of the veterans here telling us newbies to use the search when we don't know enough to know what has previously been posted or how to search for a simple question. The reason we ask is because we are already confused by all the info. There are a lot of posts here and a lot of them lead to just more posts, not answers to simple questions. If there was an FAQ to the commonly asked questions it would be very helpful, then you could just direct newbies to that section. Or maybe there is and I just haven't found it yet. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Tom

If there was an FAQ to the commonly asked questions it would be very helpful, then you could just direct newbies to that section.

That's actually a decent idea. I'll have to work on that.

Thanks!

Sent using Tapatalk from a phone that's smarter than me.

Archived