incredible pizza company

antoniocinisi

I doubt it's the owner that causes the problems with petty-cash at this location.

Remember, these are Franchises.

It's more likely the Franchiser than the location owner dictating the petty-cash red tape.

If it were the owner himself causing the petty-cash hassle, the cash from Antonio's machines would be handled in the same troublesome fashion as cash from the drawers.

It's not the franchiser's petty cash its the owners. When it comes to the cash in the business the owner reports sales and pays his fees. He does not have to answer for how he handles his cash

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Antonio,

If the pricing on games/activities at your Incredible Pizza is anything like the pricing on the ones at my local Incredible Pizza, your price points are FINE.

My kids love my area Incredible Pizza.

But, the games/activities there are a little higher than area Chuck E. Cheeses and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants around here.

Your price-points will be the cheapest way for parents to get their kids a little prize....a LOT cheaper than collecting tickets/points for redemption prizes.

thats what I intend on explaining to him if he does complain.

on a side note chucky cheese games are a quarter(token) theirs are from 30 cent swipes to 80 that I have played.

Antonio,

If the pricing on games/activities at your Incredible Pizza is anything like the pricing on the ones at my local Incredible Pizza, your price points are FINE.

My kids love my area Incredible Pizza.

But, the games/activities there are a little higher than area Chuck E. Cheeses and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants around here.

Your price-points will be the cheapest way for parents to get their kids a little prize....a LOT cheaper than collecting tickets/points for redemption prizes.

thats what I intend on explaining to him if he does complain.

on a side note chucky cheese games are a quarter(token) theirs are from 30 cent swipes to 80 that I have played.

It's not the franchiser's petty cash its the owners. When it comes to the cash in the business the owner reports sales and pays his fees. He does not have to answer for how he handles his cash

As you stated "the owner reports sales and pays his fees".

Royalty fees can be effected (i.e. lowered) by business expenses.

He may not have to answer to how he handles his cash.

But, if he has business expenses he is able to lower the amount of royalties he pays.

Because business expenses lower his royalty payments, apparently the franchise agreement requires that Incredible Pizza owners get PRE-APPROVAL for even the smallest of business expenses.

So, even petty-cash purchases require paperwork and wait-time.

Since he has access to the cash from his cash drawers, sure he could skip the franchiser's process to buy the petty-cash item without the wait.

But, then he would not get credit for it as a "business expense" with the franchiser...thus he'd be paying royalties on money that actually went towards a business expense.

By using money he doesn't have to report to the franchiser for those expenses, he avoids both negatives:

1. He doesn't have to wait for pre-approval from the franchiser.

2. He doesn't have to pay royalties on money used for some business expenses.

As you stated "the owner reports sales and pays his fees".

Royalty fees can be effected (i.e. lowered) by business expenses.

He may not have to answer to how he handles his cash.

But, if he has business expenses he is able to lower the amount of royalties he pays.

Because business expenses lower his royalty payments, apparently the franchise agreement requires that Incredible Pizza owners get PRE-APPROVAL for even the smallest of business expenses.

So, even petty-cash purchases require paperwork and wait-time.

Since he has access to the cash from his cash drawers, sure he could skip the franchiser's process to buy the petty-cash item without the wait.

But, then he would not get credit for it as a "business expense" with the franchiser...thus he'd be paying royalties on money that actually went towards a business expense.

By using money he doesn't have to report to the franchiser for those expenses, he avoids both negatives:

1. He doesn't have to wait for pre-approval from the franchiser.

2. He doesn't have to pay royalties on money used for some business expenses.

I have owned two franchised business and have researched others. And I have never heard of franchised accounting as you described. I never had to involve corprate in my day to day business spending or even if I bought new equipment. Sounds to me like this is not a franchise but a managing partnership such as a chicfil or an outback. In these types of business your spending corporate money not yours. But in a good

Ole franchise once the money hits the register its yours and you pay fees on gross sales not some long drawn out formula taking into account every dollar spent.

I have owned two franchised business and have researched others. And I have never heard of franchised accounting as you described. I never had to involve corprate in my day to day business spending or even if I bought new equipment. Sounds to me like this is not a franchise but a managing partnership such as a chicfil or an outback. In these types of business your spending corporate money not yours. But in a good

Ole franchise once the money hits the register its yours and you pay fees on gross sales not some long drawn out formula taking into account every dollar spent.

I'll gather you are correct. Could be a managing partnership.

However, I wonder if it is a franchise rather than a managing partnership but just one of those franchises whose royalties/fees are derived from projected sales.

I understand those are driven by earnings/expense history.

That would make sense by the way the petty-cash is handled at Antonio's location.

Regardless, their fees (royalties or others) must be effected by business expenses or the Franchiser's petty-cash procedures don't make sense.

• 1 month later...

sadly I lost this location.yesterday while I was servicing my springfield route,I got a call from the manager telling me to pick up my machines because they are out of business.I was in there a month and they closed 3 weeks shy of being open a year.tomorrow I am going to go get my machines.wowie zowie had the most money in it,the only gumballs left are the ones showing in the front of it,it sold 3/4 of a case in a month.all the machines made 350 and I took home 40% less then that. after setting up the machines and the time and money I spent I dont think I did great since they ended up closing so soon.I did get a little cash flow I guess but not a lot of profit.

the manager that I didnt get along with as well was the one that called me,he is also the one that tricked me to believe I was bidding against another vendor for machines in there in order to get a higher commission.

I saw the opportunity to get some restaurant equipment for cheap and did.I went through their stuff picked out what I needed ,or wanted that I would never buy new for my restaurant and now it was my turn for the tough negotiating tactics.

I put about 1k worth of restaurant stuff on a table and asked him what he wanted.after he said 500 bucks I kindly reminded him I was not on drugs and I would never go for that.I told him that they can sell the stuff to me for next to nothing or they could give it to the back and get exactly nothing.turns out they saw it my way and took the 200 bucks I offered him.after this deal it was more then worth the time I spent on the location. I am taking a uhaul tomorrow for my machines and for more stuff.the manager didnt seem to interested in selling anything from the arcade but the actual owner with hundreds of thousands lost seemed to entertain the idea of selling me more stuff.I am hoping to get the 3 horse carasel , a stacker crane,and possibly a quarter pusher,that is if the bank hasnt been there to take pictures.

sadly I lost this location.yesterday while I was servicing my springfield route,I got a call from the manager telling me to pick up my machines because they are out of business.I was in there a month and they closed 3 weeks shy of being open a year.tomorrow I am going to go get my machines.wowie zowie had the most money in it,the only gumballs left are the ones showing in the front of it,it sold 3/4 of a case in a month.all the machines made 350 and I took home 40% less then that. after setting up the machines and the time and money I spent I dont think I did great since they ended up closing so soon.I did get a little cash flow I guess but not a lot of profit.

the manager that I didnt get along with as well was the one that called me,he is also the one that tricked me to believe I was bidding against another vendor for machines in there in order to get a higher commission.

I saw the opportunity to get some restaurant equipment for cheap and did.I went through their stuff picked out what I needed ,or wanted that I would never buy new for my restaurant and now it was my turn for the tough negotiating tactics.

I put about 1k worth of restaurant stuff on a table and asked him what he wanted.after he said 500 bucks I kindly reminded him I was not on drugs and I would never go for that.I told him that they can sell the stuff to me for next to nothing or they could give it to the back and get exactly nothing.turns out they saw it my way and took the 200 bucks I offered him.after this deal it was more then worth the time I spent on the location. I am taking a uhaul tomorrow for my machines and for more stuff.the manager didnt seem to interested in selling anything from the arcade but the actual owner with hundreds of thousands lost seemed to entertain the idea of selling me more stuff.I am hoping to get the 3 horse carasel , a stacker crane,and possibly a quarter pusher,that is if the bank hasnt been there to take pictures.

Sorry this happened Antonio.

As I mentioned above, the IPC around here is always busy.

From the sounds of your take on your machines, that location wasn't too slow either.

Do you know what drove them out of business?

looking back if they were in this much trouble they should have had less help for starters.I went there quite a few times between vending and leisure after my first contact.we would go in the off hours when it was slow and there was all sort of help wondering every where.

then they weren`t able to provide us with 2 double go carts twice ,so if it happened to us who knows how many other families it happened to that didnt have vending machines in there. I heard complaints of the go carts not lasting enough laps.they dont have the number of laps posted anywhere.we never had that issue,we only had to share the track once the 3 times we got to ride 2 doubles and it didnt seem like a short ride.the other times they may or may not let us go longer because of the machines,but I cant say for sure it was always someone different.

I watched the help that interacted with all the kids and they did great.you could get any pizza you wanted on the buffet and it had a decent variety of other items too. the pizza was good for cheap buffet pizza. the games were a pretty good mix.

it was hard to get to this place though,because of it`s location and how the road was configured? I guess, but it was kind of a pain to get to their parking lot.they would have done better in another part of town too.the owner should have saved the 30-50 k in paying a manager and learned his own freaking business for a year possibly two this way he could have gotten an idea of what earnings and expenses to expect from the place.it`s easier for employees to rip off restaurants that have buffets.managers sometimes hire more help then needed or keeps them longer so they dont have to work.

it`s usually a combination of things that closes a restaurant and it`s to bad it closed,I would sell my soul to the devil to own that.

Archived