Dollar Coin Legislation in Arizona

Amy C

Hello Everyone,

I know the dollar coin is a big deal for the vending community as a whole, and specifically to the bulk vending industry. I don't know if anyone saw this story about Rep. David Schweikert's (R-AZ) dollar coin legislation. If anyone is in Arizona's 5th district, I would give him a call at (480) 946-2411 and let him know you support this legislation, if you do. You can check to see if you are in the 5th here: AZ 5th Map

News Story Here:

COINS Act New Story

& Here

Huffington Post News Story

Here's a link to the COINS act:

(Currency Optimization, Innovation and National Savings Act):

COINS Act Legislation

While the Huffington post may not be your cup of tea, it seems like, from the comments, that some people are ready for a $1 Coin, which is promising

According to Schweikert the COINS act could save $184 million a year and nearly $6 billion over 30 years.

What do you make of all this? Actual savings, political posturing, or both?

Just today I was talking with one of the reps from All Star vending and I asked her what was the average sales increase that the bulk operators saw when Canada eliminated the dollar bill and introduced the one and two dollar coins....and she answered 50%!!

That would be nice...real nice...

I emailed the NBVA president a few years ago and suggested that the organization help support the lawsuit against the US Treasury that had been started by an advocate group for the blind (they can't tell the difference between bills of all denominations, and 1,2 and 5$ coins would be a great help in their everyday shopping).

But I never got any reply...so after 11 straight years we dropped our membership.

Just today I was talking with one of the reps from All Star vending and I asked her what was the average sales increase that the bulk operators saw when Canada eliminated the dollar bill and introduced the one and two dollar coins....and she answered 50%!!

That would be nice...real nice...

I emailed the NBVA president a few years ago and suggested that the organization help support the lawsuit against the US Treasury that had been started by an advocate group for the blind (they can't tell the difference between bills of all denominations, and 1,2 and 5$ coins would be a great help in their everyday shopping).

But I never got any reply...so after 11 straight years we dropped our membership.

You won't see the dollar bill go away any time soon. Esp with all the united states red tape. The treasury and the mint will never get together on the issue.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Archived