I made my first big purchase

ParadiseVending

I've spent a lot of time on here the past few weeks and have read almost every topic in the bulk vending section. When I bought my first full line about two months ago, I have been hooked. I have checked ebay and craigslist every day looking for a deal and my patience has finally paid off. Sunday there was an ad posted on craigslist by a lady about an hour away. She was selling 90 vendstars, 22 on location and the rest in storage for $1500. I was baffled. I called her immediately and she agreed to a pick up today. Once I arrived all the machines were in good condition, she also had many spare parts, all of the paperwork and several bags of candy. She said she didn't have time for it anymore. It took me two trips in my truck and on the way home it started raining. All in all I still believe I scored a great deal. I am glad to finally be in bulk vending, if it wasn't for Vendiscuss I would have been lost. Thank you so much everyone!

Attaching some crappy pics.

vuqgvl.jpgVesTrl.jpg

As easy as what? Candy?

Here we go! :)

I'm still of the feeling that this guy is just a troll. Changes his name, can't spell, can't be bothered to read back posts, and tries to start some flame wars. My ignore users feature is getting a workout.

I say keep the vendstars and the good locations yeah put maybe toy machines. Theres some places were toys would make no sence. My best locations have vendstars ones a car wash where there is like 20 18 year olds and the vendstar machine is making 120 a month gross. The other is a body shop w adult workers making 100 plus a month. U think they need a 1000 rack with toys? A crane? That vendstar was like 20 bucks. Alot of the people.on here have the money and time to spend 500+ on new quality machines..now I also have some places that suck like a haircut place and a fooot doctors office they make like 25 a month gross. Those I might consider putting a toy machine. The way I see it be smart about it especially starting off. I cant imagine if I would have started with one or two nice machines instead of 30 vendstars. I love them they are easy simple and great to find good locations. Plus in my opinion 3 types.of product is perfect. Toy machines I guess have a better turn out but u need to get locations with heavy traffic. Im sure some good vendstar locations as the ones I mentioned make more than some toy ones w high traffic. Not only that but some people here pay 30-40% comission on some. Just be smart about it. Not every sweaty worker wants a bouncy ball and not every kid wants peanuts.

Why are people so quick to push everyone toward toys? I have posted about this before. How may crap, dirty, empty machines are sitting around in good locations ruining it for everyone now? Now we want people who have "been in the business" for 1 month to start putting out toy machines? I can not stress to everyone who bad an idea this is!

I have been waiting for a long time for someone to give advise on here about how another guy should go right out and buy a NW toy rack and "do it the right way" only to realize the other person is taking their location. It WILL happen sooner or later.

Mike

Exactly....

All.i see is buy racks....cranes....toys! This should be called toydiscuss....or anti vendstar discuss...anyone who opposes the idea of it gets flammed on?

In a week I am going to post what my 15 vendstar locations are making in the revenue spot and compare it. Then compare a 20 dollar "crap" machine to a 500 toy rack.

I dont think its fair this guys starting off and he got a great deal and instead of giving him advise.on his purchase or on the machines everyone automatically starts telling him to sell them for toy machines.

these guys rather you have 1 rack making 50 a month than 90 vendstars making 30 a piece. In my eyes you found gold buddy. Place them all it will take a while. Then yea maybe upgrade tge machines in nice locations or you see many kids put a toy machine. Or buy the gumball wheel and vend 1" capsules. Your off to a great start!

Why are people so quick to push everyone toward toys? I have posted about this before. How may crap, dirty, empty machines are sitting around in good locations ruining it for everyone now? Now we want people who have "been in the business" for 1 month to start putting out toy machines? I can not stress to everyone who bad an idea this is!

I have been waiting for a long time for someone to give advise on here about how another guy should go right out and buy a NW toy rack and "do it the right way" only to realize the other person is taking their location. It WILL happen sooner or later.

Mike

By that logic, then everybody we talk to here is our competition, whether it be candy or toys. I know that many people have left this board for this very same reason. Why talk at all to help the new guys out if that is an issue?

By that logic, then everybody we talk to here is our competition, whether it be candy or toys. I know that many people have left this board for this very same reason. Why talk at all to help the new guys out if that is an issue?

Is this a discussion board for vendors or a get every person that creats a screen nam into the business to compete with me board? Im happy to give advise. I have several times. Im just careful what I say and who I give it to.

Mike

Exactly....

All.i see is buy racks....cranes....toys! This should be called toydiscuss....or anti vendstar discuss...anyone who opposes the idea of it gets flammed on?

In a week I am going to post what my 15 vendstar locations are making in the revenue spot and compare it. Then compare a 20 dollar "crap" machine to a 500 toy rack.

I dont think its fair this guys starting off and he got a great deal and instead of giving him advise.on his purchase or on the machines everyone automatically starts telling him to sell them for toy machines.

these guys rather you have 1 rack making 50 a month than 90 vendstars making 30 a piece. In my eyes you found gold buddy. Place them all it will take a while. Then yea maybe upgrade tge machines in nice locations or you see many kids put a toy machine. Or buy the gumball wheel and vend 1" capsules. Your off to a great start!

There seems to be an aging process with vending. New people come in, starting out with candy, because it's easy. Once they've done that long enough, they begin to tire of all the downsides like short service cycles, wasted product, etc. They realize that toy vending is much more lucrative. I was one such vender. Admittedly, I did not start out with candy, but rather just single head gumball machines for charity. Then I tried candy, then became appalled at the cost and the waste involved, and the moved on to toys.

I keep a list of all my current and past locations. I've got a long, long list of my "former" candy locations. Of all my former candy locations, I pulled about 90% of them due to poor performance. I lost the rest because they closed up shop. Those 15 locations you have now are probably very good, but when you get to 90, you will find that a good 50%-60% of them will do much much less. If those kinds of conditions work for you, then go for it.

My comment was in response to timberframer50. It isnt an attack. More of a question. Do we really want to point everyone toward toys right way and make a mess of this business? Everybody gets in about the same way. They think its a easy way to get rich. Buy crappy machines, locate them in places that are easy to get from people they know. Some stick with it and some flame out right way. Do take it personal Timber. It was just an opening for me to try to get my point across again.

Mike

Is this a discussion board for vendors or a get every person that creats a screen nam into the business to compete with me board? Im happy to give advise. I have several times. Im just careful what I say and who I give it to.

Mike

Amen! The information on this board is priceless. The sarcastic remarks about Vendstar are a dime a dozen here. I remember how I got belittled when I first started. I have thicker skin than most. The new people have learn how to wade through that.

There seems to be an aging process with vending. New people come in, starting out with candy, because it's easy. Once they've done that long enough, they begin to tire of all the downsides like short service cycles, wasted product, etc. They realize that toy vending is much more lucrative. I was one such vender. Admittedly, I did not start out with candy, but rather just single head gumball machines for charity. Then I tried candy, then became appalled at the cost and the waste involved, and the moved on to toys.

That's how I started also, Darryl. As I do believe most of have on this board. I am so glad to have moved on to just toys and gumballs. I probably would have given it up if I was to start with more expensive machines because the ROI would have been longer.

It's great to encourage new people to move on to bigger and better things but give them a chance to taste the business first. Toys are a whole new thing in this business, as you know. Jumping right into toys is not very smart.

every stop has an associated "cost to service" ...the more stops the more your costs, and lower your profit...

one vendor on here jeremyntina has mentioned i believe his one full line location makes as much as his entire bulk route in a month. just something to think on.

Yea im sure with 90 locations youll get some very crappy ones but Ive seen many people on here reporting 5.25 1.75 a month on gumballs etc.... on nice expensive u turns and beavers etc. I actually have some beavers and northwestern doubles and I havent placed them because um really liking the vendstar routes. Its alot easier.

For those saying we compete unless theres some people in your town in this board its not much of a competition...

Actually gere locally almost every place has machines and I havent seen any of them on this board

Thanks for the feedback. I have read dozens of threads putting down vendstars and just as many praising them. I understand why you would want a quality machine but for the price I got these I can't see selling 3 or 4 vendstars to buy 1 beaver. I also understanding locating this number of machines is going to be a chore but I have lots of free time and I have the motivation. I will try and post my journey in the revenue reports section. Again thank you Vendiscuss for all the useful information.

Mike, no offense taken. I have said in other thread I like vending candy. I still have many candy locations today. I said I would not sell them all but get as many as I could get placed, then sell off the rest.then start investing in toy machines. I think it is a natural progression, start with candy and move into toys when it is appropriete. This is what worked for me. But I have to admit not everyone is trying to build a 6 firgure income in this business and a 30 or so location route maybe where they want to be. Mike you make a lot of good points, it took me over 2 years to have my first toy location. Mike glad I opened the door, you always have great advise.

Mike, no offense taken. I have said in other thread I like vending candy. I still have many candy locations today. I said I would not sell them all but get as many as I could get placed, then sell off the rest.then start investing in toy machines. I think it is a natural progression, start with candy and move into toys when it is appropriete. This is what worked for me. But I have to admit not everyone is trying to build a 6 firgure income in this business and a 30 or so location route maybe where they want to be. Mike you make a lot of good points, it took me over 2 years to have my first toy location. Mike glad I opened the door, you always have great advise.

Ha. I see I wrote DO take it personal! Oh well. You know what I meant.

6 figure income from vending? I was thinking 7!

Mike

Y does everyone wanna sell toys....they rnt as easy.

Vending is an evolutionary process. Most people (including myself) start off as charity candy vendors (usually with biz-op equipment). Candy can only generate some extra cash for part time income. If that is your goal, then fine. But if you want more revenue, then consider other types of vending in the future.

Candy cost continue to rise as well and it will be extremely difficult to charge 50 cents for a hand full of candy in a bulk machine. There will also be product waste that will need to be thrown out due to ant/bug attacks, sunlight exposure, high temperatures, leaving product in a hot vehicle, etc. Charity locations tend to be more volatile with a higher turnover rate. Just wait until the phone rings and you start losing those charity locations. In-person locators like to target charity machines. When they see one, they know that location is charity friendly and they pounce on it like a hungry lion. Next thing you know there are two more charity machines parked beside yours. And when the management or ownership changes in a year or two, they usually want to eliminate the clutter and will usually boot all the vendors in the process.

The only successful full time charity model seems to be the single head gumball charity model. But you will need about 1000 machines to make it work.

Pros and cons, pros and cons!!

And charity candy vending just has too many cons. It took me 5 years to learn that. Having said all that, I still vend some candy in selected loccations, but I just don't go overboard with it.

Live, learn, evolve!!

Reading this thread made me think of another popular thread. I wonder where dsimms is now. It's also interesting to see some old members who posted in the thread, who don't seem to be around anymore.

http://vendiscuss.ne...l-succeed-live/

That thread is definitely one of the gems on the forum. Thanks for pulling it back up.

Sent using Tapatalk from a phone that's smarter than me.

Back to the main topic, I agree with Kelly. Please sell those machines and make money!

use the money for GOOD used equipment. If you do this you will be thankful.

The fact is: Somewhere in the near to mid future, all vendstars will be worthless

due to its candy centric design and 25 cent mechs. All vendstar operators will be

out of business. Absolutely.

Archived