Reeses Price Hike - Yikes!

Jax Snacks

I don't vend Reeces any more, but was in Sam's...

The 44 oz bag is now $6.88, but Hershey has a new 48 oz bag and it was listed for $8.88 - ouch! The extra 4 ounces adds another $2! Looks like Sam is just waiting to sell off the 44oz bags and will replace it with the new 48oz bag. I remember when that 44oz bag was about $4.50.

All the other candies just keep going up too. M&M Peanut was around $9.70 and Mike&Ike was around $7.20. Candy vending just keeps getting harder and harder to do!

I quit selling RP when it went up to $6.88 at Sam's a few months ago.

RP is not that hot of a seller to justify that expense on my route.

Not to mention, they are sometimes quick to get greasy in the globe...leaving a sugary film on everything.

Some locations do ok with them, but I've even pulled RP from those spots.

15cents an oz and the price is still rising...AND for something that is not a top seller and sometimes has an unexpectedly short shelf-life...NO THANKS!

DO TO PRICE, I"M CHANGING ALL CANDY TO .50 I HAVE RB16 BEAVERS THE COST OF NEW MECH. AND NEW GLOBE"S .50 DECAL COST SOME MONEY! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO CANDY. THEN YOU CAN MAKE MONEY IN CANDY AS WELL CHANGE MY GLOBES EVERY 90 DAY UNTIL ALL ARE REPLACED. PLUS GET A LOCAL CHARITY!

DO TO PRICE, I"M CHANGING ALL CANDY TO .50 I HAVE RB16 BEAVERS THE COST OF NEW MECH. AND NEW GLOBE"S .50 DECAL COST SOME MONEY! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO CANDY. THEN YOU CAN MAKE MONEY IN CANDY AS WELL CHANGE MY GLOBES EVERY 90 DAY UNTIL ALL ARE REPLACED. PLUS GET A LOCAL CHARITY!

keep us posted on your results

Well, Best of luck with that. But I have never heard from any other vendors that have been successful with 50 cent candy vending. Never heard of any vendor on this board doing it either. I hope it works for you, but you are venturing into uncharted waters.

Well, Best of luck with that. But I have never heard from any other vendors that have been successful with 50 cent candy vending. Never heard of any vendor on this board doing it either. I hope it works for you, but you are venturing into uncharted waters.

My local movie theater has around 40 large beaver machines with candy all at 50 cents. I bought some PMM's just to see how many were vended at that price. I got 6!!

My local movie theater has around 40 large beaver machines with candy all at 50 cents. I bought some PMM's just to see how many were vended at that price. I got 6!!

How appropriate! For a place that charges $10 for a soda and popcorn, that is par for the course!

Archived