Are you going to start using DEX anytime soon?

I know alot of full line vending companies have switched to this system recently. I think its about time we independents switched too. DEX is a very useful system that keeps track of all the money that goes in and out of all of your machines and sends you a report on your computer for each one. Making it very easy to figure out what needs to go in your machines and what needs to let the door hit them on the way out! laugh.gif

But im not bigtime full line vendor in reality yet, like you guys azn.gif, but i am i my imagination laugh.gif

So are you guys gonna use DEX? Is it a good investment?

Its easier for you. You get to start out with equipment that is DEX ready. For those of us with a few years under our belts we all have some equipment that is either to old to upgrade or not worth upgrading.

I am working to get to that point, have mentioned before that I'm pretty much committed to only buying DEX capable equipment for that reason. Probably will make the jump in about 2 years.

Just to clarify. DEX is a polling feature built into machines. Most new equipment has DEX on it. The way you close to poll it will determine what it can do. You can download to a handheld and sync to your computer or use the info off your handheld. You can plug a remote monitoring system into a dex port and have the info sent to you via wifi or cell. There are system out there that will monitor you machines, give you sold out or error messages pushed to you, it will sync your cash information into your computer that can reconcile with a coin/bill counter that is synced with the same computer, then it can send a report to your pick station and tell you how many of each items you need for each machine.

Just to clarify. DEX is a polling feature built into machines. Most new equipment has DEX on it. The way you close to poll it will determine what it can do. You can download to a handheld and sync to your computer or use the info off your handheld. You can plug a remote monitoring system into a dex port and have the info sent to you via wifi or cell. There are system out there that will monitor you machines, give you sold out or error messages pushed to you, it will sync your cash information into your computer that can reconcile with a coin/bill counter that is synced with the same computer, then it can send a report to your pick station and tell you how many of each items you need for each machine.

I think DEX is so cool. It gives sales folks lots of things to offer accounts including monitoring sales in real time. They can log on daily or hourly to see sales figures and commission due them whenever they want to check it from their computer. They can also request a check when they want it. We have been able to close a few school districts because of the remote sales monitoring. No more questions from them wondering if they are getting a fair commission check. And even with the down turn in sales with the healthy food requirements there is still money to be made if the vendor will actually put in approved choices other than water and powerade. Kids will buy. I know sales are down about 40%/50% from the hayday of Name Brand Product sales but honestly the door was opened to independent vendors when the bottlers pulled away and opened the market. So you may not be pulling $15000 a month out of a school with 900 students but you will be pulling out a heck of a lot of money. DEX is great!

Poplady

• 3 weeks later...

What companies out there have this type of system available? Has anyone used vendonline.com or streamware.com?

Hi spdydre,

Not sure if you've seen our Vagabond thread (http://vendiscuss.ne...obile-software/) in the new Full Line Advertisements section under the Full Line Revenue Reports section, but I thought I'd direct you to that thread since you specifically asked which companies have this type of system available. Let me know if you have any "Vagabond"-related questions.

- Juan

What companies out there have this type of system available? Has anyone used vendonline.com or streamware.com?

Archived