Hello from PA

EleV

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My 8 year old daughter got started in the business because I was asking her how she wanted to make money and one of the ideas she threw out was selling gumballs. So that's how we got started. We bought 2 LYPC double head machines and went to the local hair salons and I made her ask for permission. Everyone asked us what charity we worked for and we said none (we didn't know about charities at the time.) Because she was a cute little 8 year old girl 4 out of the 5 places we stopped said yes and the other place said maybe, their store was crammed packed and they were afraid of the machine getting knocked over. So out we went and bought gumballs, MM, skittles, and chiclets. Went back in 2 weeks and got about $20 from all the machines. We noticed that one of them was doing twice the revenue as the other. Left them and came back 2 months later and collected a little over $100. Again the one store was selling twice as much product as the other one.

Now I made her sit down with her original receipts and the counted bags of money to calculate how much she made. She is really excited now. Now we are looking for some more small machines (almost bought 10 UTurns then learned that we were not ready for that yet thanks to VENDiscuss.) We now have a charity that we work with and are putting together a locating plan to find some better places to stick more 1 and 2 head machines.

My hopes are that our daughter can have a full blow business going by time she is 18.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My 8 year old daughter got started in the business because I was asking her how she wanted to make money and one of the ideas she threw out was selling gumballs. So that's how we got started. We bought 2 LYPC double head machines and went to the local hair salons and I made her ask for permission. Everyone asked us what charity we worked for and we said none (we didn't know about charities at the time.) Because she was a cute little 8 year old girl 4 out of the 5 places we stopped said yes and the other place said maybe, their store was crammed packed and they were afraid of the machine getting knocked over. So out we went and bought gumballs, MM, skittles, and chiclets. Went back in 2 weeks and got about $20 from all the machines. We noticed that one of them was doing twice the revenue as the other. Left them and came back 2 months later and collected a little over $100. Again the one store was selling twice as much product as the other one.

Now I made her sit down with her original receipts and the counted bags of money to calculate how much she made. She is really excited now. Now we are looking for some more small machines (almost bought 10 UTurns then learned that we were not ready for that yet thanks to VENDiscuss.) We now have a charity that we work with and are putting together a locating plan to find some better places to stick more 1 and 2 head machines.

My hopes are that our daughter can have a full blow business going by time she is 18.

Hello. Welcome to VENDiscuss. I just love reading about children getting involved in the business. Good luck. Need to ask anything there are a ton of people on here to help.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like my nephew. He owns a pizza shop and his oldest son -- 10 years old and the assistant manager, no I'm not making that up -- wanted to have a Pepsi machine. The kid worked it all out with Pepsico, his dad signed for it and his 10-year-old son takes full charge of it, from emptying the machine to ordering new product . . . to showing a serious interest when I was setting up my Buzz Bites and 2" capsule machines, plus the pending VendStar 6000 that's now onsite. If he keeps this up, he's gonna go places!

So hey, whereabouts in PA are you? I'm in Eau Claire, on the western side.

Archived