Bridging The Gap between Hobby/Part Time to Full Time Vendor

mainor5251

My goal is to do vending full time by the beginning 2014. A few things that have dawned on me. Never gonna make it full time running triple candy machines, didn't want to listen at first so I learned the hard way. Another is and this kinda goes hand and hand with first one, doesn't matter what your customers want if you are not making enough profit on it to make it worth while, it's my business and I typically know what sells the best not them. And lastly this just dawned on me this morning, how can I expect to make this a full time job if I'm not putting full time hours in, so from now on I will be keeping track of all time spent doing vending related activities. Goal is to put in 40 hours a week either servicing, locating, refurbing and another 20 hours for paper work, organizing, vendiscuss or whatever. I think 60 hours a week is pretty normal for business owners.

Great post!

Lots of good points in a nice little nutshell. One thing I would suggest though is to put TVF a bit higher on the list. Say maybe 30 of the 60 hours should be devoted here.

Who knows, maybe in 2014 you can be a "PRO"? ;)

Sent using Tapatalk from a phone that's smarter than me.

My goal is to do vending full time by the beginning 2014. A few things that have dawned on me. Never gonna make it full time running triple candy machines, didn't want to listen at first so I learned the hard way. Another is and this kinda goes hand and hand with first one, doesn't matter what your customers want if you are not making enough profit on it to make it worth while, it's my business and I typically know what sells the best not them. And lastly this just dawned on me this morning, how can I expect to make this a full time job if I'm not putting full time hours in, so from now on I will be keeping track of all time spent doing vending related activities. Goal is to put in 40 hours a week either servicing, locating, refurbing and another 20 hours for paper work, organizing, vendiscuss or whatever. I think 60 hours a week is pretty normal for business owners.

Wendi is full time. The goal for me is to be full time too. The biggest problem we face is insurance and getting rid of the vending debt. We have been working for two years on our debt and have not used our vending income to live on for a year now. We live on my income from a regular job. Vending gross sales goes to buying product, expanding and paying down debt. Once the debt is paid we are going to make the jump to 100% small business owners. Scary!

Mike

Wendi is full time. The goal for me is to be full time too. The biggest problem we face is insurance and getting rid of the vending debt. We have been working for two years on our debt and have not used our vending income to live on for a year now. We live on my income from a regular job. Vending gross sales goes to buying product, expanding and paying down debt. Once the debt is paid we are going to make the jump to 100% small business owners. Scary!

Mike

Yes, it is scary. I still have a few years ( I think) before I can switch to vending full time. The insurance is my hold up. I know my spending is in check but I don't know what to do about the insurance. I am on maintenance drugs and they ain't cheap. I'm coming up on 2 years, and have put all the income back in the business.

Yes, it is scary. I still have a few years ( I think) before I can switch to vending full time. The insurance is my hold up. I know my spending is in check but I don't know what to do about the insurance. I am on maintenance drugs and they ain't cheap. I'm coming up on 2 years, and have put all the income back in the business.

no more medical marijuana for you

Archived