Mission Accomplished!

Jax Snacks

Packed up and shipped my last Uturn on eBay today. Hard to believe I had 100 of those at one time. Vending IS EVOLUTIONARY!

So now all you members of U-Turn-Haters-Discuss.com can no longer make fun of me! :P

How much did you sell them for?

It's a good thing that not every buyer reads TVF.

How much did you sell them for?

It's a good thing that not every buyer reads TVF.

Well the numbers are all over the place, but trended downward. But for those curious…

In 2009, 4-selects sold for $115 to $135 on eBay

In 2010, 4-selects sold for $95 to $115 on eBay

In 2011, 4-selects sold for $75 to $95 on eBay

In early 2010, sold 4-selects for $140 to $150 and 8-selects for $160 to $175 at arcade auctions

In late 2010, sold 4-selects for $50 to $60 and 8-selects for $75 to $85 at arcade auctions

In 2011, sold 4-selects for $85 at arcade auctions

But my biggest gain was selling the UTurn GB wheels separately. I sold all those Uturns with candy wheels since that is what most noobs will want to do and most would most likely not find any value in vending GB or toys. Some buyers even requested all candy wheels. But I had over 150 UTurn GB wheels since I had converted many machines to GB and toys. When I started listing the UTurn GB wheels separately, my “phone rang off the hook”. So I started selling those GB wheels for $20 a pop and they paid that price. I guess they discovered that multi-selection candy vending is so-so at best (or maybe discover TVF) and they wanted to try out GB and toys. Only problem is that the biz-op UTurn corp. charges $30 for a GB wheel to non-customers, so $20 (with free shipping) was a real deal for them!

Anyhow, glad it’s all behind me. And all the proceeds were rolled into racks, hoops and modular heads.

As far as reading this forum, many people will still insist on doing multi-selection candy vending in spite of what other veterans say. Heck, I did it for 7 years. Sometime you have to personally experience falling off the cliff to realize it will hurt when you hit the bottom – even when warned by other’s who fell off the same cliff. We humans are a funny species in that regard (or maybe just too hard headed)! So many people will continue to buy triples and quads in spite of the info on TVF. But for those that found a niche in vending all that candy, good for them. Just not my cup of tea any more. Every business person must make decisons pertaining to their direction and business model.

I guess you can now make me a member of the multi-selection-candy-vending-haters-discuss.com club!

Archived