Anyone have 100 vendstars out?

Quickinvestment

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see if anyone does have 100 Vendstars out. I had about 60 at one time. I had to realize that candy/vendstars is not profitable enough to mess with. I now have 6 vendstars out and am doing more that 3x the sales on a fraction of the locations doing toys.

Non profitable would be if you paid 300+ for a new vendstar. To find out its about 23 bucks of product to fill halfways. Then to get a location that makes 5 a month. That I.could see. Turn it around I have some locations making 50 even 100+ a month when I paid 25 for the vendstars each. So I guess it depends how you go about it. Get the machines cheap....get good locations. And your set

I have some locations making 50 even 100+ a month

I'll put gravy on a vendstar and eat it if your making 100 dollars a month off of one.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

I'll put gravy on a vendstar and eat it if your making 100 dollars a month off of one.

I agree, Steve. I wish everyone would realize that TKK is full of crap!. If you ignore him he'll go away. :rolleyes:

Hmm. Well I agree with you on that Tkk.

Get the machines inexpensive and get good locations.

I havnt purchased Any machines yet. But I'm still in a pickle. Decided to go with the plastic vendstars of go with these metal double heads I can get for $25 a pop good condition. One of those deals where someone has sold off there routes and had these as extras to go out.

I have connections with a few car dealerships, machines would be placed in service areas. So can see them doing atleast 6 quarters a day!!

Only reason to go with the vendstars I see is the extra candy selection.

Mainor what machines and products do you use?

I wouldn't listen when I started so I went out and over spent on a bunch of 1800 triples and since have bought many more at good deals. I even vend toys at .50 out of my triples but my high volume accounts empty the machines to fast. I'm in the process of switching all my triples out with either singles, doubles or racks and selling off all my 1800 triples. Also doing away with the candy that i do have in a few spots only gumballs and toys for me from here on out. Candy is ok if you want to do vending as small part time job or as a hobby.

Only reason to go with the vendstars I see is the extra candy selection.

I hope you don't think the extra selection is a positive because it is actually one of the disadvantages of the machine.

Yes I had the opinion of thinking 3 selections would be a benefit.

If you guys don't mind me asking why are some of you choosing to due away with vending candy?

with nearly 16 hours online surely you have seen the reason pointed out several times over again

Wow lots of ignorance here....like usual

If the doubles are 25 each get em thats a good deal. Vendstars are awesome tho or tripples but they are time consuming. Like I said just get a good deal. Im buying 17 1800 tripplea tomorow for 675 they are new and this will help me vend gumballs. Vendstars are like a gateway machine...im sure ill go full.line sometime but my.locations are just awesome especially compared to most people here. Im sure if they saw what some vendstars.i have are raking in they would do some bulk.

I have 75 triple-heads (mostly Vendstars, though I have a few metal Seaga TV3000s too) on location. I only have 2 months of data on them, so this is likely a bit lower than actual but here's it is:

Monthly Average Total for All Machines: $509.01

Monthly Avg. Total Per Machine: $6.79

Monthly Avg. Total Per Head: $2.26

Many of these machines are in really crappy locations ($1-$3 per month). I bought them all together and am working on moving the poorest performers into higher traffic locations. My COGS is ~$200/month, so that's roughly $300 profit (not counting charity commissions on a few machines, fuel, and my time). While I'd have to run 1000+ of these machines to make a full income off of them solely there is still some profit in candy vending. My top performing machines do in the range of $30-$40/month. Admittedly, 90% of my locations sell only one or two types of candy in any quantity - and could just as easily be served by a double or single head machine. I'm slowly experimenting with the third head on these machines to see if I can find a better performing item to fill them. I have a number of gumball wheels in storage and thought about trying bouncy balls or other toys but I'm limited by $0.25 coin mechs (can you even get $0.50 mechs for a vendstar?).

Bob

You should definately locate your locations making 15 and less. Its really not a good location anything below that. If you average atleast 20 a month which is easily doable youll be at 1500 a month. Its all about locations. Just one good location can be worth 5-10 crappy ones. Its time consuming but you can definately make good money with 75 locations.

Your welcome. Im pretty new at this. Doing it for 2 months or so. Learning very quickly. You cant listen to everyone on here. Like I said u cant go wrong with either. Test locations for a month and good locations put good machines slow locations change.locations. Just keep trying. Place all your machines, print a flyer with pictures in color and stay in closer locations. Also dont offer a comission in all my locations I pay not one quarter.

Its all about locations. Ppl buy candy on impulse not because its a vendstar or a quality expensive machine. Places were.people wait for a service are the best. Car wash. Haircut. Lube and state inspection places. Mechanic and body shops. All do good. Why? Not because your hungry, not because you see a machine thats not a vendstar, but because your wasting time with a qwick snack. Or to calm your kids while you wait. Its super simple I love bulk vending cant wait for full line!

just dont mention candy or vendstars around here if you want answers...

Archived