Anyone have 100 vendstars out?

Quickinvestment

If u go to my revenue reports youll see this is my best location. I have 1 location making 7 dollars in 6 weejs. Im not saying they all do this good. This is simply an awesome place. I dont need to lie. What would the point be? Im adding a nw double there for gumballs and add more pmm. Idk y u guys think im lying or saying all my locations are good. Some suck!

Enjoy your one awesome location. It will be interesting to see if when you get your 100 candy locations, if you find any more locations that do as well as you say this one does.

You make it sound so easy, and so simple. All you have to do is find the gravy locations and the money will come rolling in. All you have to do is... All you have to do.. BizOps were built on such talk.

There is close to 10% unemployment in this country, people have been out of work for months, if not years. Your comments about your success is like telling somebody who's been out of work for 2 years, that the key to working is to find a job. This sounds like a lyric to an Alanis Morrisette song. There's some good advice that you just can't take.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you think about it im just posting my revenues. If I have a place making 120 a month and one making 7 im not encouraging anyone im just saying the key is finding good locations. Out of my 17 placed my second best location makes 49 a month. Then after that like 30. So its like 3 locations making 200 a month and then the rest arent anything close. Also keep in mind its like 50+ in expenses for the candy. Just find good locations. Now if I was saying all my places were making 120 a month I would definately talk smack.

Buy machines at a great deal

Locate yourself

Find any places at first to get them all out.

Then look and focus on good locations.

I rather have 50 locations making 30 average than 100 making 15. However it is very time consuming.

Also try changing poor performing product.

I would never advise anyone to jump into anything. I advise to do ur own research. Be smart about it. Half of us buy cheap triples to start and some advise you to get new quality machines for 10 times the price. In this economy we have to be smart.

Also if buying 20 doubles is pushing your budget get less and grow.from there. Candy is very expensive... A tripple is about 23 bucks to fill halfways all the cannisters. If u had 100 triples your at 2300 in just candy...

I would never advise anyone to jump into anything. I advise to do ur own research. Be smart about it. Half of us buy cheap triples to start and some advise you to get new quality machines for 10 times the price. In this economy we have to be smart.

Also if buying 20 doubles is pushing your budget get less and grow.from there. Candy is very expensive... A tripple is about 23 bucks to fill halfways all the cannisters. If u had 100 triples your at 2300 in just candy...

TKK i have heard bad things about vendstars. What is your take on them? Are they real easy for someone to steal candy since they are plastic?

Do you have lots of problems with them?

Ive said it many times....

I like vendstars

They are probably the least attractive machine but they do their job x 10. My take is use them for locations that are slow or where more mature people go. I think it looks nicer in a drs office.than a red or yellow triple. Also you dont really want plastic machines in high traffic areas where people will try to get in because they probably will.

They are a gateway into vending toys and full line.

Buy them cheap they are easy to find. In big quantities. Ull also have.tons of spare parts if you buy alot cuz some r in bad shape.

Start with these or any cheaper machines instead of brand new machines.

They work great for me :)

Ive said it many times....

I like vendstars

They are probably the least attractive machine but they do their job x 10. My take is use them for locations that are slow or where more mature people go. I think it looks nicer in a drs office.than a red or yellow triple. Also you dont really want plastic machines in high traffic areas where people will try to get in because they probably will.

They are a gateway into vending toys and full line.

Buy them cheap they are easy to find. In big quantities. Ull also have.tons of spare parts if you buy alot cuz some r in bad shape.

Start with these or any cheaper machines instead of brand new machines.

They work great for me :)

hey do their job x 10? how is that? how often do you have problems with them? How often do people cheat you? But gateway to toys? Gateway to full line? I don't see how they intertwine quite honestly...

I got into vending cuz.of vendstars. Now that I get a taste of vending you try new machines. Products. Vending diferent stuff....

I just picked up 18 1800s and wow im inlove all over again. They r prety much new. They also had 13 bucks in quarters :) all keyed alike all have gumball dispensers. They are beautiful

I got into vending cuz.of vendstars. Now that I get a taste of vending you try new machines. Products. Vending diferent stuff....

I just picked up 18 1800s and wow im inlove all over again. They r prety much new. They also had 13 bucks in quarters :) all keyed alike all have gumball dispensers. They are beautiful

how much did you pay? dont the 1800s have problems changing canisters?

• 2 weeks later...

Let me share my two cents. I run about 100 vendstars included in my routes and they do great. I guess great is inthe eye of the beholder. I vend very few toys. Now my locations do have a lower average than most vendors but I also don't ever have another vendor trying to get my locations. I think it also depends where you are located. I'm in CA and the cities are bigger. I have areas where I go down a street and have 30 locations in a row and takes me less than two hours to service. I guess I have my own little niche and like the ease of candy vending. The last thing is here in CA vendstars can be bought for $20 all day long. Helps build the route. Thanks

Only other thing I should have mentioned is there is Terri comminuted in my area that started 40 years ago and they vend nothing but toys so they are in every major location. I rum a charity only tour so I don't have to pay any commissions. Maybe one of these days I'll step up to the big league of toys. I will say I love all the info and comradery on here. Paul

Should have read two companies not Teri comminuted

Let me share my two cents. I run about 100 vendstars included in my routes and they do great. I guess great is inthe eye of the beholder. I vend very few toys. Now my locations do have a lower average than most vendors but I also don't ever have another vendor trying to get my locations. I think it also depends where you are located. I'm in CA and the cities are bigger. I have areas where I go down a street and have 30 locations in a row and takes me less than two hours to service. I guess I have my own little niche and like the ease of candy vending. The last thing is here in CA vendstars can be bought for $20 all day long. Helps build the route. Thanks

Only other thing I should have mentioned is there is Terri comminuted in my area that started 40 years ago and they vend nothing but toys so they are in every major location. I rum a charity only tour so I don't have to pay any commissions. Maybe one of these days I'll step up to the big league of toys. I will say I love all the info and comradery on here. Paul

Service 30 in less than 2 hours? So that means it takes you 4 minutes to service and walk from one store to another. Is that fairly accurate? Can i ask how much your making? And what disadvantages with the plastic have you experienced?

To Jlm vending yes this is accurate. I have a route in Fresno where I have 15 machines at each corner. You have to remember that in CA, there are literally shopping centers at all four corners of an intersection with twenty stores on each corner. I have 8 cities with routes and they are very tight routes. I would never say plastic machines are better. I prefer my oak machines any day. I use vendstars for their price but upgrade to oak machines if I need a more durable machine at that location. My vendstar locations typically do about 17 per month.

To Jlm vending yes this is accurate. I have a route in Fresno where I have 15 machines at each corner. You have to remember that in CA, there are literally shopping centers at all four corners of an intersection with twenty stores on each corner. I have 8 cities with routes and they are very tight routes. I would never say plastic machines are better. I prefer my oak machines any day. I use vendstars for their price but upgrade to oak machines if I need a more durable machine at that location. My vendstar locations typically do about 17 per month.

If they do about 17 a month and you are doing 30 in 2 hours, you are making some serious bank for 2 hours. But wouldn't you say that fresno has the most candy eaters ever? I am in frisco, but i have been to fresno and it seems like everyone there likes to eat a lot. Therefore i would think they would buy more than 17 a month, regardless of that they are vendstars. I would think 1 person would buy 17 bucks a month lol. I don't mean offense in any way. Maybe im wrong.Oh and i looked on ebay and craigslist and i don't see any that are 20 bucks. I see them listed about 75 bucks?

Jlm people can ask what they want .. What they get is another story. Watch how long they are on there and they eventually sell for a lot less. You have to able to bargain. You are also incorrect there are quite a few ads on there for around 40 each. Also on the vendstars service...not every machine obviously can be serviced that quick. Last look on usedvending right now and there are 43 for $1050 thats a ASKING price of just over $24 each. Bakersfield.

Jlm people can ask what they want .. What they get is another story. Watch how long they are on there and they eventually sell for a lot less. You have to able to bargain. You are also incorrect there are quite a few ads on there for around 40 each. Also on the vendstars service...not every machine obviously can be serviced that quick. Last look on usedvending right now and there are 43 for $1050 thats a ASKING price of just over $24 each. Bakersfield.

well lots of people say bad things about vendstar. then u and tkk and the other guy are now saying good things. What are the bad things exactly? Why is plastic bad and do the customers cheat you by stealing candy?

JLM, Vendstars have their niche in the vending business. You have to learn where to locate the machine to take advantage of the lower cost of the machine.

For example, placing them in high volume public spots is not a good idea. The chute doors break off real easy. Being it is a lighter machine, they have a tendency to get knocked over. The wider base helps stabilize the machine but doesn’t prevent it from tipping. You will find a lot of cons compared to pros about this machine if you read this forum. Location is the key.

I had a one knocked over by mistake in an office breakroom from the cleaning crew. The top busted off, cracked a couple canisters and the tray was knocked clear across the room. Candy everywhere. The machine was salvageable because the body had small cracks in it also. Accidents happen but try to prevent them. I would never place one of these machines in a car wash or laundry mat. Not only will it not stand up to the abuse but it will get legs and walk away due to its weight. Even with all the candy in the machine a ten year old will be able to pick it up.

Place them in breakrooms, waiting rooms where there is always someone there, etc. Most of mine where in office breakrooms. I had one building that I placed 11. It was a 5 story office building with over 100 offices in it. If you can land a spot like that, it cuts the service time down tremendously.

The one good thing about plastic insides is you can vend nuts and not worry about corrosion. The salt eats up metal parts in no time. The interchangeable canisters give the machine a great advantage over single heads. If you need to change a product, just swap the canisters. The easy coin removal is great also.

The only thing I didn’t like about the locks is I had to have two different keys to open one machine. Also, the coins will gather on top of the chute. You will need to take the canister out in order to knock them off. The coin mech does not have a drop through like most others. I never had one break down on me in the 3 years I had them.

As for the public trying to rip you off, that happens no matter if it’s a Vendstar or not. But if it’s located in private places, they tend to be a little more civilized.

All in all, it’s a good machine if used wisely.

JLM, Vendstars have their niche in the vending business. You have to learn where to locate the machine to take advantage of the lower cost of the machine.

For example, placing them in high volume public spots is not a good idea. The chute doors break off real easy. Being it is a lighter machine, they have a tendency to get knocked over. The wider base helps stabilize the machine but doesn’t prevent it from tipping. You will find a lot of cons compared to pros about this machine if you read this forum. Location is the key.

I had a one knocked over by mistake in an office breakroom from the cleaning crew. The top busted off, cracked a couple canisters and the tray was knocked clear across the room. Candy everywhere. The machine was salvageable because the body had small cracks in it also. Accidents happen but try to prevent them. I would never place one of these machines in a car wash or laundry mat. Not only will it not stand up to the abuse but it will get legs and walk away due to its weight. Even with all the candy in the machine a ten year old will be able to pick it up.

Place them in breakrooms, waiting rooms where there is always someone there, etc. Most of mine where in office breakrooms. I had one building that I placed 11. It was a 5 story office building with over 100 offices in it. If you can land a spot like that, it cuts the service time down tremendously.

The one good thing about plastic insides is you can vend nuts and not worry about corrosion. The salt eats up metal parts in no time. The interchangeable canisters give the machine a great advantage over single heads. If you need to change a product, just swap the canisters. The easy coin removal is great also.

The only thing I didn’t like about the locks is I had to have two different keys to open one machine. Also, the coins will gather on top of the chute. You will need to take the canister out in order to knock them off. The coin mech does not have a drop through like most others. I never had one break down on me in the 3 years I had them.

As for the public trying to rip you off, that happens no matter if it’s a Vendstar or not. But if it’s located in private places, they tend to be a little more civilized.

All in all, it’s a good machine if used wisely.

Alright, good post. As far as saying a 10 year old can pick it up, can't you say the same thing though for small toy machines? Also with vendstar, do they have any freshness seals/lids? I heard that they do not. As far as offices, the problem is that those tend to make me no money no matter the machine.

Alright, good post. As far as saying a 10 year old can pick it up, can't you say the same thing though for small toy machines? Also with vendstar, do they have any freshness seals/lids? I heard that they do not. As far as offices, the problem is that those tend to make me no money no matter the machine.

I'm not following you on small toy machines. If you're referring to all metal doubles, yes the Vendstar is still lighter.

If you're looking to make big bucks off a few office breakrooms, it won't happen. I was averaging $11.25 per stop in that building alone. Not very good if you view it as only one stop but well worth it when you can service the 11 stops in under and hour. That's $123.75 in under an hour. Not too shabby. ;)

I'm not following you on small toy machines. If you're referring to all metal doubles, yes the Vendstar is still lighter.

If you're looking to make big bucks off a few office breakrooms, it won't happen. I was averaging $11.25 per stop in that building alone. Not very good if you view it as only one stop but well worth it when you can service the 11 stops in under and hour. That's $123.75 in under an hour. Not too shabby. ;)

Well baco i don't meant to question you as i never had a venstar before, but it takes me more than 10 minutes to service a u turn, sometimes much more, so how are you servicing 11 in an hour when i can only do two an hour? Vendstar has 3 products.

I know of no bulk vending machines that has a freshness seal. Not even beavers have that feature. The best thing about them, if you got them cheap, is that you won't have lost much when they get stolen or damaged. However they will only ever be candy machines. They are never mistaken for toy machines. Other brands can do double duty to vend either candy or toys. If you think you might want to do toys at a later date, then you might not want to use vendstars. Unless you want to make the extra investment at that later date.

Well baco i don't meant to question you as i never had a venstar before, but it takes me more than 10 minutes to service a u turn, sometimes much more, so how are you servicing 11 in an hour when i can only do two an hour? Vendstar has 3 products.

Uturns are much different than Vendstars. From what I read about them, it takes twice as long to service the machines because of all the extra things you have to do just to get to the money, yet alone fill it with product.

I used a 2 wheeler with a large deep plastic storage box strapped to it. I was able to fit at least 30 bags of candy in it. On top of that, I had my carry bag with necessary tools and spare parts in it along with my money bags for each stop. To save time at the location, I transferred Mike & Ikes and Hot Tamales into a ziploc bag that was already sprayed with Pam. That way I didn’t have to waste time cutting the bag open and spraying a spoon to stir them. Reese’s Pieces was also transferred to ziplocs to save some time.

With an average of $11.25 per machine, there wasn’t any need to top off or refill most candies every month. So, all I had to do was collect the money which was just unlocking the back door, empty the coin boxes into my bag and maybe refill one canister. When you do this business for a few years, you learn lots of shortcuts to cut the service time down.

Archived